Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 605. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

no your paying for mining with fees

i wouldn't want a central authority controlling donation funds

we need a platform, let people decide what they want to give to.

and a reminder that charity is patchwork, not a solution. For real solutions we need to do our own work, through projects.

And we won't NEED miners, if transactions fees go to miners, it'll encourage more PoW which is a waste of resources.

It wouldn't be a 'central authority' controlling the funds, WE as a community would vote one where those funds gets used.

I love how you pick out 'charity' from my post, ignore 'causes' and 'projects' and argue for 'projects'!

again the fees are insignificant even compared to the 1 ZEIT/block reward, we still need PoW, whats really going to increase Pow is an increase in ZEIT value.

if you are having the miner fees directed to a specific account, that is centralized

people holding ZEIT whether they believe in the cause or not are technically giving ZEIT value. think of it as a donation every time someone buys up ZEIT.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Im with Anonymousg64 on this, we need a project! i don't like the idea of charities, because being born and bred from Southern Africa and I know and have seen how corrupt 90% of these charities are! if charity was the answer we wouldnt have anymore issues considering how many there are! comes down to the old saying, give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a life time! so if you want to support a charity it would have to be one created by the community! or we find a way to start a project that benefits the planet etc. Also we need this coin to go up in value so that people actually take notice, doesn't matter how good your intentions are, if its not sprakly and shinny you wont get the masses interested! so we need to get this coin up in value so that we have some weight and power behind us to get shit done.   

i see what you're saying and have seen corrupt charities myself, it was just for idea sake, but i think we agree that it should be something that actually helps people/world, if we can develop something and cut out the charity middle man, i'm all for it.
it's true we do have a ways to grow until we can make moves like that. but it's doesn't hurt to throw it out there for people to think about, and to show that this isn't another greedy coin community with nothing but profit in mind.
Activity: 112
Im with Anonymousg64 on this, we need a project! i don't like the idea of charities, because being born and bred from Southern Africa and I know and have seen how corrupt 90% of these charities are! if charity was the answer we wouldnt have anymore issues considering how many there are! comes down to the old saying, give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a life time! so if you want to support a charity it would have to be one created by the community! or we find a way to start a project that benefits the planet etc. Also we need this coin to go up in value so that people actually take notice, doesn't matter how good your intentions are, if its not sprakly and shinny you wont get the masses interested! so we need to get this coin up in value so that we have some weight and power behind us to get shit done.   
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP
found this, a good place to get some ideas
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

also some others i ran across

http://www.fireflysolar.net/
http://www.offgrid-energy.co.uk/
http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
http://www.solar-aid.org/

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

Would like to add
http://www.wolf-pac.com/

To the list. It's about getting money out of American politics.
While I'd prefer to torture politicians to a slow death the way they've contributed to the slow death of millions of others in the name of 'politics', getting money out of the way is a step in the right direction and would help to give Digital Currencies a chance to avoid repressive regulation from Bankers and big corporations.
The head of the organisation's also a Zeit & Digital currency skeptic, not sure if that's a good or bad reason for us to support it.
found this, a good place to get some ideas
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

also some others i ran across

http://www.fireflysolar.net/
http://www.offgrid-energy.co.uk/
http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
http://www.solar-aid.org/

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

and a reminder that charity is patchwork, not a solution. For real solutions we need to do our own work, through projects.

And we won't NEED miners, if transactions fees go to miners, it'll encourage more PoW which is a waste of resources.

It wouldn't be a 'central authority' controlling the funds, WE as a community would vote one where those funds gets used.

I love how you pick out 'charity' from my post, ignore 'causes' and 'projects' and argue for 'projects'!
there really isnt any point in destroying fees, they are quite small, even in comparison to the PoW after week 6

i dont think many would like forced donations and a centralized donation address for everything charity

I put destroy for completeness.

Isn't the point of Zeit to help the world and improve it. To do this, we need funding.
There will be a LOT of people that (hopefully) use Zeit, but don't believe in the cause, getting a little something from them is a good thing surely and will help us to stand apart from most of the other coins.

And what do you think transaction fees are anyway but a forced donation?

Zeitcoin is preparing to take off for the moon!  Smiley

In the hopes it doesn't get missed popping this back here (sorry guys, I don't mean to be a dick, but I am, so tough!)!

Unofficial poll
Mentioned this previously but thought I'd create a poll to see what you bunch of Zeiters think.

This is NOT official and would simply be a way of letting the devs know what us lot think of this.

What should happen with transaction fees?

Send to miners as usual to increase the block reward so it's >=1 (from a few weeks from now)

Send to a Zeitcoin address that could be set up as a donation address where folks could voluntarily add more Zeits and those funds could then go to a charity / cause / project whatever that we decide is worthy

Destroy the fees (as happens with some other coins) to negate some of the inflation that will occur due to the high PoS rewards as we COULD hit trillions of coins if everyone just sits on them staking (unlikely, but... hey a little exaggerations always fun)

It's a Straw Poll baby

Anyway:

what if we fund a kickstart company that is trying to use technology for the better and not only for profit? so we identify a few projects and then as a community discuss and choose one we think is best and most promising and start to fund them?

For me personally, that would not be cool. Kickstarter's are almost always for-profit, we'd be helping perpetuate the problem as they'd need to complete in the marketplace so half their revenue would go on advertising and marketing, if the business does well, they'd start looking to increase profits etc....

While I love kickstarter, indiegogo and the like, I don't think it's right for this coin/movement thing.

My 2 satoshis.
what if we fund a kickstart company that is trying to use technology for the better and not only for profit? so we identify a few projects and then as a community discuss and choose one we think is best and most promising and start to fund them?
there really isnt any point in destroying fees, they are quite small, even in comparison to the PoW after week 6

i dont think many would like forced donations and a centralized donation address for everything charity

I put destroy for completeness.

Isn't the point of Zeit to help the world and improve it. To do this, we need funding.
There will be a LOT of people that (hopefully) use Zeit, but don't believe in the cause, getting a little something from them is a good thing surely and will help us to stand apart from most of the other coins.

And what do you think transaction fees are anyway but a forced donation?
Unofficial poll
Mentioned this previously but thought I'd create a poll to see what you bunch of Zeiters think.

This is NOT official and would simply be a way of letting the devs know what us lot think of this.

Send to miners as usual to increase the block reward so it's >=1 (from a few weeks from now)

Send to a Zeitcoin address that could be set up as a donation address where folks could voluntarily add more Zeits and those funds could then go to a charity / cause / project whatever that we decide is worthy

Destroy the fees (as happens with some other coins) to negate some of the inflation that will occur due to the high PoS rewards as we COULD hit trillions of coins if everyone just sits on them staking (unlikely, but... hey a little exaggerations always fun)

It's a Straw Poll baby

I'll consider another pool for a while.  But... every pool says their the best.  HashStrike is the only one that's lived up to it, in my opinion.  Let's hear it.  What other Zeit pool is good and with 0-1% fees?

I've used Hashfaster and iMine.at
Both were... pools, they did what they were meant to do :|
Unofficial poll

It's a Straw Poll baby
Activity: 178
Cool.  I'll do the switch in a day or so.  It pains me to leave HashStrike, but I'll do it temporarily for the good of the coin!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hey all, I'm a big fan of PoS coins and I think what BC and Mintcoin are doing with their multipools will help them grow a lot and I think ZEIT would benefit greatly if one of these were set up by the time the transition to PoS occurs. Basically, since it wont be profitable to mine ZEIT once PoW reward is down to 1 coin/block, these multipools direct you to mine the most profitable altcoin and then they convert it and pay you out in ZEIT. This provides additional buy support from miners despite there being no more PoW supply for your coin, so addition demand but no additional supply Cheesy http://mintpool.us/mint/index.php
I'll consider another pool for a while.  But... every pool says their the best.  HashStrike is the only one that's lived up to it, in my opinion.  Let's hear it.  What other Zeit pool is good and with 0-1% fees?

zeit.hash.so
zeit.dedicatedpool.com
I'll consider another pool for a while.  But... every pool says their the best.  HashStrike is the only one that's lived up to it, in my opinion.  Let's hear it.  What other Zeit pool is good and with 0-1% fees?

zeit.hash.so
pretty good pool 1%
come on over and add some hashing power.
Activity: 178
Jump to: