Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 615. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
The OP does not even mention a version number, let alone a date of the last version.
And that should mean, the very first wallet is still correct.
git hub has updated 6 days back: https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin
Thanks.

Shouldn't that be called "version" : "v1.0.1.1" then, or "version" : "v1.0.1.0.1" then?

getinfo still comes up with
"version" : "v1.0.1.0"
see my profile
You can also try starting it with -salvagewallet (if you haven't tried that already).  It will keep your keys but delete all transaction data out of the wallet.

Wow, that was it.
-salvagewallet

I could finally transfer my precious :-)
1 USD worth of mathematical objects saved, after hours of fiddling.

Where can I tip you?
Thanks a million!

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Fortunately, I had kept the old binary (March 5th) And that one started without problems. Downloading the blockchain now...

was there a MANDATORY update since March 5th?

The OP does not even mention a version number, let alone a date of the last version.

git hub has updated 6 days back: https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin
see my profile
Fortunately, I had kept the old binary (March 5th) And that one started without problems. Downloading the blockchain now...

I have just looked into both my clients, windows-qt and self-compiled-on-March-5th

and they both say

Code:
getinfo
"version" : "v1.0.1.0",

Is there a newer version?

Why do I get these strange errors (bottom part of posting #4989) with a binary compiled from today's sources?

and most importantly:

Please mention the version number and a release date
of the current sources & wallet on the OP posting #1

thx
see my profile

Activity: 70
~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin/

I have no such directory ??!?

Always backup (on multiple storages) your wallet (wallet.dat) whenever you add a new address to it. And always encrypt it with strong password. This is fundamental.

If you lose your wallet (lost file or corrupted file) or forget its password then you lose all coins it contains forever.

Thanks for the heads up. I have multiple encrypted backups of my linux wallet.
Just trying to get it on my mac.

A restart made the zeitcoin folder apear in /application support!
So onward from there.

EDIT: It worked! I can now acces my wallet on my Mac.

That glorious millionair feeling... Grin
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

On Mac:
1. Open Finder
2.Press and hold Shift, Command, G
3. Type: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/

That is to find the Bitcoin wallet.dat
    To find the Litecoin wallet.dat just replace the word "Bitcoin" with "Litecoin"

obviously change it for zeitcoin

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=1638.0

Well I can find my DOGE and MINT wallet.dat there but no ZEIT.....

sorry I cant be of more help maybe some mac user will come along with a solution but it sounds to me like the zeit wallet hasn't been installed and run yet
Activity: 80

Always backup (on multiple storages) your wallet (wallet.dat) whenever you add a new address to it. And always encrypt it with strong password. This is fundamental.

If you lose your wallet (lost file or corrupted file) or forget its password then you lose all coins it contains forever.

On Mac:
1. Open Finder

Well I can find my DOGE and MINT wallet.dat there but no ZEIT.....

On Mac:
1. Open Finder

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Go cryptsy vote !
cryptsy.com/coinvotes
search: %appdata%

the click roaming, zeitcoin, there copy it over the old one, remember the old one is gone then, so might need to backup that if you got coinss there.

Couldn't find it.
I've used spotlight, finder search, looked in the Zeitcoin package and system>library.Application support.

Where should I find this %appdata% ??

Does my wallet need to be synchronized for these folders to exist?

c:users/username/appdata/roaming zeitcoin

appdata is hidden so you will have to change folder settings to show hidden files and folders

alternitavely go to start menu and in the search box type %appdata% and then click on roaming then zeitcoin

Ah we're talking Windows here. I have OSX 10.8.4

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
please add coin to coinmarketcap.com

the click roaming, zeitcoin, there copy it over the old one, remember the old one is gone then, so might need to backup that if you got coinss there.

Couldn't find it.
I've used spotlight, finder search, looked in the Zeitcoin package and system>library.Application support.

appdata is hidden so you will have to change folder settings to show hidden files and folders

alternitavely go to start menu and in the search box type %appdata% and then click on roaming then zeitcoin

Ah we're talking Windows here. I have OSX 10.8.4

Couldn't find it.

Activity: 434

Couldn't find it.

You must make vvisible all the folders

Couldn't find it.

Activity: 448
I am now a strange letter arrived I did not know it or not spam like you say it is not important or not

Hello! I represent Global Promotion Agency in cryptocurrencies. We really appreciate your posts on bitcointalk forum. We would like to cooperate with you. Hopefully you can post some of your comments and opinions according to the information from our customers. And you can add a link of the following website. Of course, the partnership will be appreciated financially.
Thank you!
Maria

Disable your email address being visible publicly.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I am now a strange letter arrived I did not know it or not spam like you say it is not important or not

Hello! I represent Global Promotion Agency in cryptocurrencies. We really appreciate your posts on bitcointalk forum. We would like to cooperate with you. Hopefully you can post some of your comments and opinions according to the information from our customers. And you can add a link of the following website. Of course, the partnership will be appreciated financially.
Thank you!
Maria
Jump to: