Pages:
Author

Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread - page 12. (Read 27963 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Just noticed the additional data on the miner screen. Very nice.

Is it possible to report the units temp?
Which browser are you using?  The display got messed up (not showing anything anymore) under Chrome within the last hour, where it has worked fine for the last day, even logging out and back in multiple times.  I tried IE for the hell of it and i now see all the nice statistics.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Just noticed the additional data on the miner screen. Very nice.

Is it possible to report the units temp?
Activity: 52
Well I am happy to report that after much headache and many emails with Eric I am up and running with my Zenminer. Just want to publicly thank Eric for the support and understanding. I am looking forward to the continued service and future updates from zenminer.
thanks

Thanks, @ktmracing03, I really appreciate the recognition. Glad we were able to sort it out.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Looks like the UI has been upgraded a bit! It now contains pool results (Accepted Shares/Rejected Shares/Discarded/Stale/Diff1 Work/Get Failures/Remote Failures) on the Miner screen.

It's a start in the right direction.

Must be nice....my sd card in my zenminer came with the NOOBS image. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to get this "plug and play" system set up. After a couple of hours I was able to get the image from GAW, so far I am not impressed as no one even knows the user name and password for the image. I was able to figure it out but still cannot get my miner to register with the code. Is anyone else having any issues like this?

....and now after dealing with zensupport all day they simply handed the issue off to GAW saying its the responsibility of GAW not theirs. Makes sense since this is a Zenminer Controller  Roll Eyes

As previously mentioned in our emails exchanged, we support the hardware and the service. But the configuration is specific to each retailer. In this case, GAW provided the wrong image by mistake. I apoligize for the inconvenience, but I am sure that GAW Miners will do whatever it takes to make it right. Once you receive your new properly configured unit, I assure you I will support its connectivity to our service til the day its last hash is calculated.

I understand GAW may have made the mistake, but I have now lost 7 hours of mining time with this "plug and play" system so you can understand my frustration.

I certainly do understand... As a miner myself, I prevent downtime at all costs... But sometimes that means a creative solution while I work out my preferred method Smiley I know that doesn't make things right at this very moment, but I will forward this information to GAW as well to further assist you in getting a replacement unit.

I am trying to be creative, unfortunately I dont have an additional pc to run my new miner on, and I am not proficient enough to setup linux on my pi.

Well I am happy to report that after much headache and many emails with Eric I am up and running with my Zenminer. Just want to publicly thank Eric for the support and understanding. I am looking forward to the continued service and future updates from zenminer.
thanks
Activity: 72
Many zenMiner users are reporting the same, however, all have confirmed that pool stats (i.e. real stats) are typically much closer to what you'd expect them to be. We're actively working on refining the detail of the statistics provided in the zenOS UI.
What does the discarded number actually mean?  I realize that the no-submit-stale is NOT being used, so if all shares are being sent to the pool, what is being discarded and where?  By the way after about a half a day of running Furys, my accepts are 1862 and my discards are 2902.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Will the zenMiner eventually accept non scrypt devices too?
Seem to be getting a high discarded shares rate on my Fury:

Accepted: 898
Rejected: 11
Discarded: 592

Many zenMiner users are reporting the same, however, all have confirmed that pool stats (i.e. real stats) are typically much closer to what you'd expect them to be. We're actively working on refining the detail of the statistics provided in the zenOS UI.
Seem to be getting a high discarded shares rate on my Fury:

Accepted: 898
Rejected: 11
Discarded: 592

legendary
I've been told by support that my gridseed's (5 chips) should work... seems not to show up for me....

anyone try them yet?

@crackfoo, stand by on the gridseeds... The developers are refining the configs for them and hope to push them out today or early tomorrow. As soon as you see the gridseed option in the dropdown, you'll be good to go. Sorry for the delay.

sounds good. thanks

A big feature now would be the ability to mine separate pools with separate hardware devices.

Thanks!
I've been told by support that my gridseed's (5 chips) should work... seems not to show up for me....

anyone try them yet?

@crackfoo, stand by on the gridseeds... The developers are refining the configs for them and hope to push them out today or early tomorrow. As soon as you see the gridseed option in the dropdown, you'll be good to go. Sorry for the delay.
legendary

anyone try them yet?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Has anyone tried a more powerful brick to see if the temp makes it less melty?
OK I switched pools and it seems better now, about 0.6%.

Yes I’m seeing a 40% reject rate!

Make sure that the pool has vardiff. If the diff is not at the right level you will see a lot of rejects.
Activity: 56

Make sure that the pool has vardiff. If the diff is not at the right level you will see a lot of rejects.
Activity: 92
I've tried several different pools and all but 1 report major reject %.  Like 10-20%.  LTCRabbit is the only one that I have around .3% reject rate.  Since I use the zenminer, how can I troubleshoot this since I can't actually control the device?
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
Everything works great so far, easy setup! I guess it helped not getting my package until after the zenminer system updates.
I do have one question. I must be missing something obvious, how do I switch between the 2 pools on my lists  Huh

I don't think you can currently, looking at the config file that gets pushed down it just takes them in order so the first is your primary pool with the others as backups. If you want to change the order you need to remove them and add them again to get the new order in the UI, then the config change will get pushed to the miners.

I think the ZenController is a really cool idea, a lot of people will find it invaluable, it's just maybe not quite ready for prime time at the moment. That said, being an 'IT guy' myself I really don't want a managed offering though no matter how good, I like to tinker and that requires root access, hopefully I will still be able to get the firmware updates through another route.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
Yeah, according to Eric there is no root access to the device with the zenMiner software loaded onto the Pi so the username/password are pretty useless.

Login is root/gawminers. Smiley

There's a couple of python scripts running as daemons that run that spawn the cgminer and communicate with zenminers.com, you need to disable start01 and startserver if you don't want to use their stuff.

initctl stop start01
initctl stop startserver

Now you can run screen -R to open the existing cgminer instance. CTRL-C to kill it, now start a new screen and run a new cgminer with whatever options you want. It's basically the same as running your own Pi now but with a pre-installed OS and cgminer supporting the GAWminers.
Activity: 6
Everything works great so far, easy setup! I guess it helped not getting my package until after the zenminer system updates.
I do have one question. I must be missing something obvious, how do I switch between the 2 pools on my lists  Huh
Activity: 20
And the info post!

The site is here:

http://zenminer.com/

Keep in mind, and this isn't being snarky, the homepage contents are changing daily as they update things, but we'll update here as things are updated online.  It is a new service so they're likely kicking the tires a bit on everything

Terms and conditions: n/a

Support contact: [email protected], or you can follow the link at the top of the site

Standalone software: https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config

And... this is all I've got right now.  Please update this thread with your experiences using ZenMiner.com as well as your thoughts on the service.  Also, in the name of transparency this is an unmoderated thread (community forum and all), but please do stay objective.  Try to only comment on tangible things (like statistics, concrete service enhancements or problems, being told one thing then another happens), etc., since the goal is to openly and actively discuss the service so users can get the most out of it.

Thanks community!

Edit (5/28): Updated support email, looks like this one is accurate per the website.

Edit (5/28): Added placeholder for software download link when available.  Software link available, testing build shortly.  Builds!  Just need device to test.

You got that Pi software? Mine came without the ZenMiner image on it
Pages:
Jump to: