Pages:
Author

Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread - page 14. (Read 27963 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Anyone have some screenshot of the zenMiner in action, hashing away with GAW hardware?

It's very plain as far as information goes.

http://i.imgur.com/U91irR5.jpg
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Anyone have some screenshot of the zenMiner in action, hashing away with GAW hardware?
Activity: 52
While wireless devices are not supported in the launch release, we may be including support in a future release. In the meantime, for those of you who require wireless, you can always use an inexpensive ($25 used) wireless bridge device like the one found here -> http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WET11-Wireless-Ethernet-Bridge/dp/B000066JQU
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
You should be able too. I understand that any limitation would be at the raspberry pi side. Just  visit the raspberry pi at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for some research and get back to us on how we can also do this Smiley

If we had access to the Pi itself with the zenMiner software loaded, sure.

Here is the exact quote from the email that I should have just tossed into my last post.

Quote from: Eric
In our effort to maximize quality control and the overall experience of our customers, all zenMiners are setup and configured at the seller's facility and then protected from alteration (root access) to ensure security and reliability. We did not include support for wireless devices because a wired connection to your miner is always going to be more reliable than wireless. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you.

oh so even if we had a wireless usb.. we couldn't add it... thats a big drawback....

Im really shocked wifi wouldn't be enabled...... https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup/setting-up-wifi-with-occidentalis here is an easy how to which may work.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
You should be able too. I understand that any limitation would be at the raspberry pi side. Just  visit the raspberry pi at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for some research and get back to us on how we can also do this Smiley

Here is the exact quote from the email that I should have just tossed into my last post.

In our effort to maximize quality control and the overall experience of our customers, all zenMiners are setup and configured at the seller's facility and then protected from alteration (root access) to ensure security and reliability. We did not include support for wireless devices because a wired connection to your miner is always going to be more reliable than wireless. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you.

Thats interesting my zenminer controller sd has the noobs image on it.....I am trying to figure out what I need to do at this point. Any suggestions? So much for plug and play with this.....

oh so even if we had a wireless usb.. we couldn't add it... thats a big drawback....
Activity: 14
Nice Hash for Fury 1.3 - 1.4 MH/s !!!!!
Looks like registrations are back up. I'll be able to try it out in a few hours.  Grin

Yep! Site is online and accepting registrations/activations. If you have any issues, email me at [email protected]

Thanks again for being patient while we sorted it all out!
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Looks like registrations are back up. I'll be able to try it out in a few hours.  Grin
You should be able too. I understand that any limitation would be at the raspberry pi side. Just  visit the raspberry pi at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for some research and get back to us on how we can also do this Smiley

Activity: 93
Sent in a support question to zenminer and Eric shot me back a reply very fast which I appreciate.

Unfortunately, the answer wasn't what I was hoping for. I was wondering if a USB Wifi adapter could be used with the zenController, and was told wireless support was not included because 'a wired connection to your miner is always going to be more reliable than wireless'.

Very disappointed in that. I've been running gridseeds (and now the Fury) via PC over wireless with no issues at all.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I'd love to see the performance numbers from Zenminer compared to running cgminer.

It seems like has been a bit of a rough launch; which is a bit disappointing seeing how it's the only way to update the firmware on the Generation A GAWminers. 

However, thank you though for keeping us updated and for posting the timeline. It makes it a lot more bearable knowing what is going on behind the scenes, and it sounds like you guys have a solid plan on getting the train back on the tracks.  Cheesy

Thank you for understanding! Our team has been working around the clock to get "the train back on the tracks."  We've also been in constant communication with the team at GAW Miners to ensure we get their customers online and hashing as soon as possible. Any questions or issues can be sent to [email protected].

As always, I'll keep you guys posted on major updates.
Activity: 92
Sorry for the delay! Here is the proposed timeline for the zenMiner site to be fully operational.

The following times listed are in Eastern time for May 29th, 2014:

12:01 AM: Last minute fixes in registration to support the increase in traffic.
3:00 AM: Database management and improved design for scaling laterally.
7:00 AM: QA testing and UI updates.
11:00 AM: Begin accepting new user registration while continuing to improve customer experience and UI enhancements.

I will be providing further updates as we get near the final deadline. Thank you all for (still) being patient.

It seems like has been a bit of a rough launch; which is a bit disappointing seeing how it's the only way to update the firmware on the Generation A GAWminers.  

However, thank you though for keeping us updated and for posting the timeline. It makes it a lot more bearable knowing what is going on behind the scenes, and it sounds like you guys have a solid plan on getting the train back on the tracks.  Cheesy

Get the Virtual Port Driver for the Fury here... http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

I got it running, but too many hardware errors. Anyone else running but with too many hardware errors?
Activity: 15
I left my Pi plugged in but jacked the Fury to a PC because I don't want to wait anymore. Plug it in then do the USB. It will fail to install drivers so head over here:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Install the right one for Windows and you should be good to go. Make yourself a .bat file for cgminer and you should do fine from there. Fury has 6 chips so you need to change that and also enter your COM port found in device manager. Here's the example from GAW:

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u 1KQxLLQNxgn2upd4TtGbtiRdm3f5UWC9k8 -p x --nocheck-golden --chips-count 128 --ltc-clk 328 -S //./COM4

Performance right now:

avg MHs: 1.228 WU: 1333.1

I'm mining at Clever.

I am also going with direct cgminer until zenminer is up,  but getting way too many invalids and hardware errors. Are you getting hardware errors.

15 hardware errors on 195 accepted. I am using the Fury at 6 chips.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with a few gpus and gridseeds but can't figure out the Fury yet. Pretty much I can't figure out the name of the port it's hook up to. So far I have sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 -u 1A8TcrHSAsizFh9pTTYozg3EHupGjoMY3B -p x --nocheck-golden --chips-count 6 --ltc-clk 328 -S ....which is where I would appreciate some help.

I'd like to get this thing running and not have to wait for Zen. It starts up but reads  [2014-05-29 00:40:17] Started cgminer 3.1.1                   
 [2014-05-29 00:40:17] All devices disabled, cannot mine! , because I need the -S part. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay! Here is the proposed timeline for the zenMiner site to be fully operational.

The following times listed are in Eastern time for May 29th, 2014:

12:01 AM: Last minute fixes in registration to support the increase in traffic.
3:00 AM: Database management and improved design for scaling laterally.
7:00 AM: QA testing and UI updates.
11:00 AM: Begin accepting new user registration while continuing to improve customer experience and UI enhancements.

I will be providing further updates as we get near the final deadline. Thank you all for (still) being patient.
I stopped mine with cgminer, it got to the point of just rejected shares.

I am also going with direct cgminer until zenminer is up,  but getting way too many invalids and hardware errors. Are you getting hardware errors.

I'm running at 1.3 MH/s on cgminer with 2400 accepted to clevermining with 131 hardware errors, which is not too great. Using the config they posted with chip count at 6. Hopefully when I get to work tomorrow the zenMiner stuff will be sorted out, and I can test with that.
I left my Pi plugged in but jacked the Fury to a PC because I don't want to wait anymore. Plug it in then do the USB. It will fail to install drivers so head over here:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Install the right one for Windows and you should be good to go. Make yourself a .bat file for cgminer and you should do fine from there. Fury has 6 chips so you need to change that and also enter your COM port found in device manager. Here's the example from GAW:

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u 1KQxLLQNxgn2upd4TtGbtiRdm3f5UWC9k8 -p x --nocheck-golden --chips-count 128 --ltc-clk 328 -S //./COM4

Performance right now:

avg MHs: 1.228 WU: 1333.1

I'm mining at Clever.

Pages:
Jump to: