Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 3. (Read 35836 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 0
September 19, 2013, 07:51:39 AM
chodpaba
Is it still Gox data analysis or you switched to Bitstamp?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 19, 2013, 04:18:50 AM
Backtesting has shown that I should reduce the sampling interval—by quite a bit. I am using more local samples now, which produces a less dramatic result.

No longer assuming a peak of 148, I see.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
September 18, 2013, 06:41:41 AM
Sorry for polluting the OT. IMO the Nickel - Hydrogen reaction is not a hoax, there are several companies trying to develop
a commercial product. And Wikipedia is rubbish when it comes to mainstream science, let alone borderline science.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 06:32:10 AM
During the last 4 days the bid sum has been relatively stable, and the increase in ask sum of the 15th
failed to trigger a large drop, mainly due to the low volume IMO. Right now there is a drop in money flow,
remains to be seen how long it will last and if it will lead to a significant price drop.

OT, regarding energy production with a Rossi reactor, check this PDF:
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1305/1305.3913.pdf

For a more in-depth discussion, read this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

I've come across this hoax several times in the last 15 years. It's just bad science mixed with wishful thinking.
legendary
September 18, 2013, 05:19:49 AM
During the last 4 days the bid sum has been relatively stable, and the increase in ask sum of the 15th
failed to trigger a large drop, mainly due to the low volume IMO. Right now there is a drop in money flow,
remains to be seen how long it will last and if it will lead to a significant price drop.

OT, regarding energy production with a Rossi reactor, check this PDF:
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1305/1305.3913.pdf
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 12:51:32 AM
Hm, I didn't bother to try to understand the patent, and I apologize for derailing the thread further, but the by far biggest source of EM radiation on earth is the sun. And solar photovoltaic energy generation is kind of a big (and growing) business, regardless of some 100 year old patent (and regardless of whether that patent was granted to a big name mad scientist). We're getting better at it all the time. (Visible light is a type of EM radiation.)

So, nothing new under the sun, but don't expect anything to take over the whole existing infrastructure in a short timeframe. A breakthrough technology in the energy production field takes at least 20 to 25 years from first prototype to widespread adoption, much likely much longer. And fossil fuels are going to be burned as long as it's economical to burn them.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
September 17, 2013, 10:38:46 PM

I hate to take such a great thread off track, but two quick points:
1. If there was profit in this (and there would be if it was as powerful as you assume), bankers would be all over it.
2. Collection of electromagnetic radiation (which is what this patent describes) can not possibly supply US energy demands, let alone "all the world's machinery".  Try working out the physics sometime.  There just isn't enough energy there, even if we could collect it all.

same, i am gonna save this discussion for another website, but it sounds like you made your decision. these types of machines, inventions, already have working prototypes but there have been so many conspiracy theories on how they suffocate these kinds of technologies from reaching the public
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
September 17, 2013, 08:15:47 PM
In about 5 years oil is going to be useless because you can run all the worlds machine with a infinite supply of cosmic energy. Nikole Tesla patented his machine in 1901

Just wanted to add that in their with the oil talk

Cool story.  Could you link to the patent that describes how it works?  All US patents are public record.

sure

http://www.google.com/patents/US685957

the elite and oil bankers like to keep this patent a nice secret to keep the oil bankers in business, but not for much longer. Truth is spreading like a wildfire now-a-days..

I hate to take such a great thread off track, but two quick points:
1. If there was profit in this (and there would be if it was as powerful as you assume), bankers would be all over it.
2. Collection of electromagnetic radiation (which is what this patent describes) can not possibly supply US energy demands, let alone "all the world's machinery".  Try working out the physics sometime.  There just isn't enough energy there, even if we could collect it all.
legendary
September 17, 2013, 03:52:27 PM
In about 5 years oil is going to be useless because you can run all the worlds machine with a infinite supply of cosmic energy. Nikole Tesla patented his machine in 1901

Cool story.  Could you link to the patent that describes how it works?  All US patents are public record.

sure

the elite and oil bankers like to keep this patent a nice secret to keep the oil bankers in business, but not for much longer. Truth is spreading like a wildfire now-a-days..

People have been talking about this shit for years. Amirite?

Yeah people have been talking about this for years, and that is why there is more awareness into it now. In the past few years, the alternative energy industries grown so much to lessen the reliance on oil. And its not coming to an end any time soon, thats why in 5-10 years or so, your going to see this type of advancements in energy skyrocket
legendary
September 17, 2013, 03:50:37 PM
Is 85$ the median price at final capitulation? If so, I doubt the 27th October is right, at least not with this shitty volume.
Middle December looks to me more probable right now, at least until volume picks up.

And about 'free energy' patents, those are BS. A technology that may change the world however, is energy out of Nickel - Hydrogen reaction ( Rossi effect ).
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
September 17, 2013, 02:40:59 PM

sure

People have been talking about this shit for years. Amirite?
legendary
September 17, 2013, 02:12:13 PM

So your charts says Bitcoin will be $85 around October 27?
legendary
September 17, 2013, 02:09:56 PM

sure

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 17, 2013, 10:58:00 AM

Must be this one: http://www.google.co.uk/patents/US685957

And another link: http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/tesla-flying-machine/Tesla-aether-dark-radiant-energy.php
legendary
September 17, 2013, 10:46:50 AM

Cool story.  Could you link to the patent that describes how it works?  All US patents are public record.
legendary
September 17, 2013, 10:23:57 AM

legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
September 17, 2013, 07:43:58 AM
Lol what?
Guess what will happen to USD when dollar will loose it's monopoly on oil.
Hint
Much of the worlds oil trade already happen in other currencies than USD.  Most of Europe, where oil is produced and consumed, trade in EUR.  The price is usually given in USD, but that's just for convenience.  Converting between EUR and USD is a trivial matter.

As long as USSA is the world's largest oil importer by far (2 times China), USD will be the predominant currency for trading oil.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
September 16, 2013, 10:57:51 PM
cluster is getting tighter. nice. to remove the (obv?) noise, perhaps consider: a) a z-score filter, say 3 sd  or b) colormap each value with its z-score, or c) just cut it off at 8 weeks

I guess I don't understand what you mean by z-score in this context...  Undecided

you have a set of a couple hundred data points and it looks fairly gaussian besides the outliers outside of the cluster. each value in the set has z-score = x-mean/sd.   there are a few ways you could clean up the data if you wanted, and one way would be to remove data with a z>~3 maybe. z-score colormap would just look nice  Smiley  
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 16, 2013, 09:58:46 PM
Can you help me understand

1. How can this chart [Or, the theory behind it] be dis-proven?

Say for example, Novermber 4th, the price  is $175. This is an outlier yet it is "correct"... however, that means  at least 30 other data points are wrong.

So, how do you make use of the chart? It seems like the only way it can be "right" is if the price is within the 2 red vertical bands, E.G. $75-90 Oct. 7 thru Oct 27. Outside of that? Not enough data.

2. If the band is the only area that matters, why chart outliers? If they are hit, it means the system is mostly saying, "Tomorrow the price will be between 100 and 200 USD." Which really isnt valuable information. I guarantee to you that it will. But does this really help you or me in our trading decisions? No.

I dont mean to come off as rude; I really like your analysis. Its just this chart is throwing me off.

the way i see it, this thread is an indicator, and its a pretty good one...

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
Can you help me understand

1. How can this chart [Or, the theory behind it] be dis-proven?

Say for example, Novermber 4th, the price  is $175. This is an outlier yet it is "correct"... however, that means  at least 30 other data points are wrong.

So, how do you make use of the chart? It seems like the only way it can be "right" is if the price is within the 2 red vertical bands, E.G. $75-90 Oct. 7 thru Oct 27. Outside of that? Not enough data.

2. If the band is the only area that matters, why chart outliers? If they are hit, it means the system is mostly saying, "Tomorrow the price will be between 100 and 200 USD." Which really isnt valuable information. I guarantee to you that it will. But does this really help you or me in our trading decisions? No.

I dont mean to come off as rude; I really like your analysis. Its just this chart is throwing me off.
Pages:
Jump to: