Pages:
Author

Topic: ㅤ - page 7. (Read 15181 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
June 23, 2022, 01:33:26 PM
Not only cryptocurrency cards are affected with the relatively low limits, but the regular ones issued by banks as well (albeit withdrawal limits are higher). For example, card issued by my bank has 5000 kuna daily withdrawal limit (approximately 660 euro) so its a little bit more than a double of Binance card. Big advantage of Binance card is that daily spending limit is 8700 euro which should be enough for 99.99% users.

Its all probably about governments not liking the thought of us withdrawing money without them knowing on what exactly we are spending it.

These are very good limits. I do not use bank cards at all and do not have bank accounts, I use only alternative solutions. The best solution that I found in my country is a card of one payment service, which allows you to withdraw no more than 1,780 euros per day, and no more than 10,700 euros per month. It is a pity that the Binance card is not available for me, so I have to use only such solutions. I used Advcash until 2018, it was probably the most convenient card for both shopping and travel, but it was also limited for my country. Residents of the European Union, of course, have a wide variety in the choice of crypto cards, this is a definite plus for them, there is plenty to choose from.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
October 07, 2022, 11:06:00 AM
As expected, FTX is expanding their business and after US, they plan to release debit card in ~40 countries, focusing this time on Europe, Asia and Latin America. Since I am pretty satisfied with my Binance card and I really don't want to do KYC on another exchange, I think I will skip this one. Will be interesting though to see the perks & fees as they would have to be really good to get people move away from competition.

As mentioned earlier, the debit cards would be launched in about 40 countries. It was noted that both the parties involved were focusing on Latin America, Asia, and Europe. The cards will instantly connect to a user’s FTX crypto account and are already accessible in the United States.

One thing I don't understand from that article is this part : "Unlink other debit cards, this one would allow customers to make purchases without having to move their cryptocurrencies from the exchange". I mean, how is that different from my Binance Visa card as I also don't have to move crypto from exchange. Or I misunderstood that sentence.
legendary
October 01, 2022, 03:18:36 AM
For this moment i dont understand how can tax service of EU country see Binance card (or not) and count that spended money also.
Well, you are supposed to report your spending Binance card spendings to the tax office in your country but whether you will do it or risk it by not reporting is up to you and probably depends on how vigilant tax service in your country. Vast majority of people I know that are using crypto debit cards are not reporting it to our tax office, but mainly because procedure in my country is incredibly complicated so they rather risk it.

At this moment i'm thinking what different services are most reasonable for exit from crypto to EUR bank account by SEPA to lower comissions directly without p2p.
You might wanna look into Coinbase as well as some of my friends exited to EUR that way.
June 23, 2022, 09:48:50 AM
Hm I thought that Coinbase was the first exchange that release debit cards as IIRC one friend got his Coinbase card back in 2019 while Binance card  came to Europe in mid 2020 and I got mine few months after that. But Binance one is immensely more popular, at least here in Croatia.

In general, if you seriously delve into this aspect, then the first exchange that announced its crypto debit card was the Bitfinex exchange, it was back in 2015, but the first exchange that not only announced, but was able to issue a physical plastic card was precisely Coinbase, yes.

So pretty much the standard stuff and its good to see how situation changed compared to 4-5 years ago when Wirex had fees for every possible thing making it very impractical to use. What i would like to see is debit card with high daily ATM withdrawal limit as Binance allows only 290 euro which can be quite restricting.

I think the situation with KuCard will be the same, yet these cards are poorly suited for cash withdrawals, but more for online purchases or through payment terminals. The same applies to cards of payment services that work with cryptocurrency, for example, the advcash card also has a very limited cash withdrawal limit. I think this is due to the regulation around cryptocurrencies, and regulators do not want people to be able to withdraw a lot of cash through banking systems using crypto cards.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018
September 26, 2022, 06:23:53 PM
which card today is best to add after Binance card as cheapest alternative second service for spending crypto in EU to use also with ATM in EUR?
Imo that would probably be Revolut (its not a crypto card though), but for that to work you would need Coinbase account as well. Few of my close friends have it and I think its even more reliable than Binance card, but the downside is that you will have to do two separate KYCs, for both Coinbase and Revolut. I personally don't have it because I don't really want to do extra KYCs and Binance card works pretty good for me, but if that's not the problem for you then Revolut is way to go and that's the one I would get if something happened to Binance.

I'm Revolut user. But the point is that i plan use eur bank service not for regular spending, because taxes. For this moment i dont understand how can tax service of EU country see Binance card (or not) and count that spended money also.

At this moment i'm thinking what different services are most reasonable for exit from crypto to EUR bank account by SEPA to lower comissions directly without p2p.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 26, 2022, 04:09:21 PM
which card today is best to add after Binance card as cheapest alternative second service for spending crypto in EU to use also with ATM in EUR?
I think Advcash is a good alternative especially for Europeans since it is cheaper than the card available for the rest of the countries in the world.
Otherwise there is Neteller but honestly I am not sure if you can spend directly crypto deposited there with their mastercard or you have to use a third party service for deposit.
June 23, 2022, 08:41:30 AM
So after FTX announced their card, Kucoin decided to go down the same road.

It is unlikely that the development of the card could have been carried out even earlier, and Binance became the pioneer among exchange cards, if I am not mistaken, other exchanges also began to follow this trend. Most likely, FTX just released this product earlier, and Kucoin is still testing it.

where you maybe able to find any info about fees and withdrawal limits?

There is little information. It is known that no money will be taken for issuing a card, and it will also be free in terms of annual maintenance. Withdrawal limits and commissions for purchases will be announced, most likely when it is officially launched.
legendary
September 26, 2022, 02:51:56 AM
Imo that would probably be Revolut (its not a crypto card though), but for that to work you would need Coinbase account as well. Few of my close friends have it and I think its even more reliable than Binance card, but the downside is that you will have to do two separate KYCs, for both Coinbase and Revolut. I personally don't have it because I don't really want to do extra KYCs and Binance card works pretty good for me, but if that's not the problem for you then Revolut is way to go and that's the one I would get if something happened to Binance.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018
September 25, 2022, 07:28:02 PM
June 22, 2022, 06:56:26 PM
KuCoin exchange launches its Kucard crypto debit card: https://www.kucoin.com/kucard

The card will be available for residents of the European Union and England. List of available countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, United Kingdom, and Switzerland

You can also participate in testing this card and get USDT, but you need KYC and only KYC of citizens of the countries from the list. Details here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJ8hQsa_ZJBA1cfRobpw1pmg1DExkjzDEWjiCq7_yKnI2zLA/viewform
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 19, 2022, 05:55:16 PM
As helpful information:

We have a similar thread on the German-language board. And we recently started taking a closer look at individual crypto debit card services (e.g. Binance, Crypto.com, Bitpanda or Wirex) and listing the benefits of each provider.

I know the thread is in German, but contains many useful links and up-to-date information (all edited in September 2022). Therefore, it may be interesting for some of the English-speaking users as well. You can use a translator if necessary.

Anbieter von Bitcoin Prepaid Kreditkarten
Thanks for the information Smiley
Although it is in German but you could understand with the translation. I found Ammar cards that looks interesting but dunno if it was tested or not. Astropay didn't mention the accepted countries and dunno why someone has to contact them to know he it is eligible to join them or not. Mastertango seems interesting also but only business accounts are open for the moment..
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 4327
September 19, 2022, 11:21:57 AM
As helpful information:

We have a similar thread on the German-language board. And we recently started taking a closer look at individual crypto debit card services (e.g. Binance, Crypto.com, Bitpanda or Wirex) and listing the benefits of each provider.

I know the thread is in German, but contains many useful links and up-to-date information (all edited in September 2022). Therefore, it may be interesting for some of the English-speaking users as well. You can use a translator if necessary.

Anbieter von Bitcoin Prepaid Kreditkarten
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 07, 2022, 10:37:12 AM
In addition to OmegaStarScream's post, Reef also launched their crypto debit card after a long delay: Reef’s highly anticipated Reef Card is officially available for crypto holders

- It's issued by Optimus Cards UK Limited and powered by Baanx (available to UK and EEA residents).
- For fees, refer to the footer area of "this" page.

Just found out Nuri [formally known as Bitwala] "filed for insolvency in August" and if there are still some that use their services, perhaps it's the right time to look for an alternative provider [regardless of what they've said in the blog post]!
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
September 07, 2022, 05:18:39 AM
NearPay recently launched a virtual visa card[1]. The card is available for the residents of EEA and the UK. You can find the limits and fees here[2].

[1] https://cryptonews.com/news/nearpay-launches-virtual-crypto-cards-wallet-for-ios-and-android-physical-cards-to-be-launched-soon.htm
[2] https://nearpay.co/card
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 14, 2022, 09:36:18 AM
I wonder if anyone used Spendl?
Had no luck in finding someone from this forum, but here's an "unsatisfied" customer!
- It's worth noting that there are still no non-KYC cards, so it's limited to European countries [+ UK].
I failed too to find more information about it in social media and web... They aren't active in the forum, last posts/tweets are 1-2 years ago. I found someone complaining about money still pending months ago in a scam or not site.
Their promotional strategy is weird..
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 14, 2022, 01:19:29 AM
Lightning Network-powered payment app, Strike, launches its Visa debit card:
Considering what Jack and Strike have been trying to achieve in the past year or two, this move is a strange one...

Their service is available for USA, El Salvador and Argentina..
It seems that they still have to wait for an unspecified amount of time [waitlist] before they can use that particular service.

I wonder if anyone used Spendl?
Had no luck in finding someone from this forum, but here's an "unsatisfied" customer!
- It's worth noting that there are still no non-KYC cards, so it's limited to European countries [+ UK].
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 12, 2022, 08:13:33 PM
Lightning Network-powered payment app, Strike, launches its Visa debit card:

https://i.imgur.com/c31JoEi.png

A system of rewards for using the card has also been announced, whether it is a deposit in bitcoins and fiat, payment in bitcoins and fiat, Apple Pay and Google Pay payments, etc.
Their service is available for USA, El Salvador and Argentina.. It is good to see a new card issued anyway.
I still find the best option that is available worldwide is advcash although the huge fees for cards and the unavailability of the visa one + no virtual for non Europeans.
I wonder if anyone used Spendl? or have an idea about virtual card that is available everywhere?
March 29, 2022, 11:24:16 AM
Robinhood has released a debit card with cashback calculated in cryptocurrencies.

Announce here: Introducing the Robinhood Cash Card

The card will be available to pay for purchases and withdraw cash from ATMs. When making purchases, cashback will go towards investing in cryptocurrencies or stocks.

The card’s big new feature is the option for users to automatically invest in assets like stocks and crypto when spending money. Robinhood will round up transactions made using the card to the nearest dollar, and use that extra money to buy assets chosen by the user. So, you might spend $10.55 on a burrito bowl with your Cash Card, and Robinhood will round the payment up to $11 and use the extra $0.45 to buy Dogecoin or Ethereum (if you like).

Also, to encourage the use of this feature, Robinhood will give its users no more than $10 per week to invest in cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
July 08, 2022, 02:33:42 AM
I don't know what is its uniqueness with such download limits, 250$? This is not a card in the broadest sense of the word, but just a beautiful little thing, as a gift for a crypto beginner it can fit, and it is almost pointless to use it as a card with such limits. It would be unique if there was a limit of at least 1 bitcoin. It's like having an anonymous smartphone, but which can only call one number, there is almost no point in this, but it's a cool unique feature.
While its true that $250 limit disqualifies it for any serious use, I wouldn't say that it couldn't be useful in certain situations so its a good addition and I would like to have one just in case.

My problem with anonymous debit cards is that it sounds good at first but when I think about things I use debit card for (99% is ordering stuff online), it makes it kinda pointless as I have to give my info anyway and places where I actually want anonymity us offer bitcoin as a mean of payment. Another problem is that those type of cards have very high fees simply due the fact that there is no much competition which seriously limits its usefulness.

Pages:
Jump to: