Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 ETH - should buy alt or hold on to it - page 55. (Read 4928 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 102
February 11, 2018, 01:42:34 PM
It's definitely worth holding ETH, you should aim for the long term though. Its growth potential hasn't been exploited yet. Since it's a "cheap" coin and stated the aforementioned, you should definitely hold it Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 01:35:34 PM
You can hold some eTH and and buy some alts. Get some cheap coins from the top 50-100. Look into them and see which ones you like and you think have potential for growth.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 09, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
hold on to it
H0M
Activity: 12
February 05, 2018, 12:35:30 PM
It depends on what one's goal is. If it is is a long term investment than it make sense to focus on one cryptocurrency, rather than investing in few. Having a focus is important as it is a very good idea to follow the news and to try to understand the market trends. The more alt's, the more time one needs to spend on them.
Activity: 199
February 05, 2018, 12:07:35 PM

I have seen so many alt coins that were cheaper and I was holding on to ETH thinking  it will pave out. I wish i bought altcoins with it as that would got me some profits.

For e.g

I was watching VERGE xvg recently when it was less than 1 cent. today it is 25 cents. I wish that I had invested in it when My gut  instincts was for it.

Did not want to loose the only ether as i lost my Previous eth in Confido scam. Please advise.

Ethereum is not loosing its value if you are trading it with bitcoin. The price in bitcoin is not much affected and still have a very stable price at  0.1BTC. It may get a lower price but i believe it will still make another bull run just like BTC and i hope this two will both pump up together.
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
February 05, 2018, 10:42:28 AM
You can hold some ETH and and buy some alts.
Get some cheap coins from the top 50-100. Look into them and see which ones you like and you think have potential for growth.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 05, 2018, 10:41:12 AM
I think you should hold half of your Eth with you and invest half in 2,3 top ranked icos of the month. Also read their roadmaps before investing in them. You may get much more that you think.
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
February 05, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
I think its better to find any alt with strong project and team but with low price like Stratis, Komodo and ARK because Ethereum price is too high now, I think it would be better to invest in some alts wiht low price.
Activity: 194
Grow with the flow.
February 05, 2018, 10:13:53 AM
I think now is the time to buy some more since ETH is on discount right now. Wait for a couple of weeks, it is bound to go up again. Than you can decide to keep it and profit from some gains or split it up and buy some altcoins with it. I would diversify. Diversifying portfolio = spreading chances for more/greater returns.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
February 05, 2018, 09:58:47 AM
You should see the market trend that is the price of altcoin is increasing if yes than see for how many days it started to increase. If it is incresing more than a week than invest into it.
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
February 05, 2018, 09:56:07 AM
Always keep a significant portion of your portfolio in ETH/BTC. These will be the most stable long turn and will hedge your risk with alts. For most the idea of alts is to trade with intention to gain more ETH/BTC, it wouldn't be smart to go all in on a single alt or completely lose your ETH position. slowly enter the alt market and scale your way in.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 09:52:38 AM
I think now is better to hold Ethereum because all alts are droping because of bitcoin drop. It will be better to hold it till btc will gonna be stable.
Activity: 392
0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d
February 05, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
For me keep hold it or keep some certain amount money in Eth, then the rest is invest in some alt coins with a very good opportunity like Ripple. And if you do this always think that always have a risk.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
February 05, 2018, 09:43:30 AM
You can invest in other alt coins that have potentials in the future because you may not know for example if their project will succeed in the future, so you will succeed too. You can distribute your ethereum by investing some portion of it and holding others. We can never predict the value of ethereum so it is way more safer if you also keep some of your ethereum with you. Just like what I am doing right now, I have my ethereum and I also hold some of my alt coins. 
Activity: 392
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
February 05, 2018, 09:35:31 AM
you better buy altcoin from 1 eth you have, because profit from invest in altcoin is bigger (altcoin which price is still low, like under $1 and has never risen in price).
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
February 05, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
I think if you're willing to cut your losses, now's the time to do it. ETH has been falling for a while now and will likely continue doing that. You can reinvest in smaller altcoins to profit though.
Activity: 196
February 05, 2018, 09:16:52 AM
You can split it.
Keep some ETH and get 2-3 coins you think will give the profit.
Its a good opportunity now that the prices are low. They will soon start to stabilize and rise again.
Activity: 182
February 05, 2018, 08:27:07 AM

I have seen so many alt coins that were cheaper and I was holding on to ETH thinking  it will pave out. I wish i bought altcoins with it as that would got me some profits.

For e.g

I was watching VERGE xvg recently when it was less than 1 cent. today it is 25 cents. I wish that I had invested in it when My gut  instincts was for it.

Did not want to loose the only ether as i lost my Previous eth in Confido scam. Please advise.

Ethereum is a good choice. If you invested in other altcoins, then you could not only make x25, but could lose your money. Ethereum is a relatively stable coin, so your investment has remained intact.
If you like the risk, then you can invest part of your ethereum in ICOs.  Wink
Activity: 630
February 02, 2018, 05:08:41 PM
It's a risk but it depends on how quickly you want your profits. If you need a quick return and high profits then you need to gamble on low market cap altcoins, but you never really know with these as they can just dump the next day. Ethereum is a lower risk slow gainer, you won't lose but have to wait a long time for big profits
Activity: 35
February 02, 2018, 04:52:57 PM
Buy 100$ x 10 small coins under 10$
Pages:
Jump to: