Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 18. (Read 409658 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 3
June 17, 2018, 04:58:24 PM
Hello Guys

I have got 8 Zotac 1080 TI AMP Extreme
What do you think will be the most profitable coin to mine with those GPUs at the moment
Unfortunately i learned that there are so many small cap coins which are not listen on whattomine which are way more profitable
Your advise will be highly appreciated

Thanks!
most-profitable-coin-to-mine-1080-ti-at-this-moment
https://crypt0.zone/calculator/s/most-profitable-coin-to-mine-1080-ti-at-this-moment

Sorry but that cryto zone website is rarely accurate at all. It could tell you that you should be mining 400 coins a day and then you test it out for an hour and you get 1 coin. Not sure where they are pulling their info to make these determinations, but it's pretty far off.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
June 12, 2018, 10:12:37 PM
Well you would be better off just mining a coin when the difficulty is low, and selling it when the price is high.  But thats kinda hard to do, so just research coins you like and support their blockchain by solo mining it if its a small coin.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
June 12, 2018, 03:53:49 PM
Hello Guys

What do you think will be the most profitable coin to mine with those GPUs at the moment
Unfortunately i learned that there are so many small cap coins which are not listen on whattomine which are way more profitable

Thanks!
most-profitable-coin-to-mine-1080-ti-at-this-moment
https://crypt0.zone/calculator/s/most-profitable-coin-to-mine-1080-ti-at-this-moment
Activity: 16
Merit: 1
June 12, 2018, 12:43:26 PM
Hello Guys

Thanks!
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
June 12, 2018, 12:35:51 PM
It was no mistery coin it was xvg,someone was using hash from nicehash to atack it

XVG is a total shit show but I love it. When it gets pumped I make money from the switching pool. When it gets hacked I make money from rentals. Just got to be careful to never hold any actual coin Cheesy
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
June 12, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
Are you using nicehash and not directly mining with a pool? If so, id really recommend switching away from nicehash. You could be earning more by directly pooling with nanopool for example.

You apparently don't realize how profitable lyra2v2 has been on nicehash this past week.

Very. And now it's down again, right? Went from 10 euro per day to 5 euro per day.

I thought it was some kind of scheme to lure new users. Cheesy

There was some mystery coin being mined and I could never find out what it was.  At time it was around block 95,000, but no lyra2v2 coins fit the profile.  From what I could tell there was one person paying a very inflated price for a very large hashrate.  Kind of crazy really.
It was no mistery coin it was xvg,someone was using hash from nicehash to atack it(thats the reason behind high payments)but yeah i agree it was nice profit on it while it lasted Grin Also not alot of people knew about that amount of profit

That may have also been happening, but whatever coin I was mining on Nicehash had a block under 100,000.  XVG has over 2 millions blocks
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
June 12, 2018, 09:55:22 AM
Are you using nicehash and not directly mining with a pool? If so, id really recommend switching away from nicehash. You could be earning more by directly pooling with nanopool for example.

You apparently don't realize how profitable lyra2v2 has been on nicehash this past week.

Very. And now it's down again, right? Went from 10 euro per day to 5 euro per day.

There was some mystery coin being mined and I could never find out what it was.  At time it was around block 95,000, but no lyra2v2 coins fit the profile.  From what I could tell there was one person paying a very inflated price for a very large hashrate.  Kind of crazy really.
It was no mistery coin it was xvg,someone was using hash from nicehash to atack it(thats the reason behind high payments)but yeah i agree it was nice profit on it while it lasted Grin Also not alot of people knew about that amount of profit
June 11, 2018, 03:54:04 PM
I think Gincoin is a good option right now, especially with the summer.  Coolminer is living up to its name.
June 11, 2018, 03:39:26 PM

Activity: 15
June 11, 2018, 03:08:57 PM
Very quiet thread

Where are you mining guys currently ?
Lasts weeks I was on blazepool. Income arround 2 - 3€/card/day, with 12xGTX 1080 Ti @60%

Any advice ?

I'm on CMM currently https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-commercium-masternodefintech-equihash-commerce-made-modern-4355691
Building a long hold bag before the Equihash ASICs dominates the hashrate.
Finally not a copy-paste clone and the coin has lot of potential hence the long term plan.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
June 11, 2018, 02:33:35 PM
Very quiet thread

Lasts weeks I was on blazepool. Income arround 2 - 3€/card/day, with 12xGTX 1080 Ti @60%

Any advice ?

ive been sitting on lyra for the last week or two since it overtook equihash as the best "set-and-forget" option. Vertcoin (VTC) is actually a pretty decent coin too - feels like a revamped version of the LTC community
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
June 11, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

The GP104 GPU is capable of providing a 1607MHz base clock. This base clock value closely matches the base clock value of a stock GTX 1080. However, the boost clock only goes up to 1683MHz on factory overclocking presets. But that doesn’t mean you cannot overclock it even further!

Generally speaking, the 10xx series overclocks to the 1620-1700 range, most of mine like to sit around 1630 but one commonly gets up around 1720 without issue (all at ~70% PL)
Activity: 51
June 11, 2018, 07:54:41 AM
Very quiet thread

Any advice ?
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
June 10, 2018, 07:00:12 AM

June 09, 2018, 05:24:47 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 507
June 09, 2018, 02:55:50 PM
Which miner currently prefered with 1080Ti for lyra2v2 mining ?
 ccminer-alexis-1.3 / ccminer-hsr-alexis-(x86, cuda8) / ccminer tpruvot 2.2.5

i'm using ccminer alexis, i've tested few month back and it was the fastest one which is available for free.. maybe there is a better and faster payed version of ccminer fork. but i do know nothing about it
Activity: 42
June 09, 2018, 11:02:42 AM
Activity: 74
June 08, 2018, 08:19:28 PM
Which miner currently prefered with 1080Ti for lyra2v2 mining ?
 ccminer-alexis-1.3 / ccminer-hsr-alexis-(x86, cuda8) / ccminer tpruvot 2.2.5
Activity: 49
June 08, 2018, 09:35:27 AM
Setup this discussion so we know the best way to max out the potential for this expensive GPU.

We know from time to time the profitability shift, so hope here can get advise and suggestion for near optimum profit.

Best Algo/hashrate:
Which pool:
which mining software:
current expected daily profit before electricity:
Any OC (core/memory):

Or any tips on extra mod:

23/Dec posted:
Maybe as we get this discussion further, I will group the list of Algo and coin that is most used by the 1080ti. To do this, might need some help from all of you as I might missed to capture what you have posted.

Could be like:

Current reported profitable coin:
- Date / Coin / Algo / maybe link to the coin or the miner?
- to ensure the list not too long, we will keep it within the top 20 reported by date. Any older date will be moved out (or I might put this to a google spreadsheet link)

As for the setting of the OC, I think just have to do own test as the variance just too large and every card is not the same

What other key info you believe should be in the 1st page?

I know many dont like to share the profitable coin as when it got listed here, likely is taking away the profit from them. but just post only if you are willing to help.

The GP104 GPU is capable of providing a 1607MHz base clock. This base clock value closely matches the base clock value of a stock GTX 1080. However, the boost clock only goes up to 1683MHz on factory overclocking presets. But that doesn’t mean you cannot overclock it even further!
Activity: 6
June 08, 2018, 05:55:01 AM
I'm actually mining raven with EnemyMiner 1.10 and I would like to know the best configuration in afterburner. I'm having an avarage of 20 hash rate per card.

Thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: