Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 123. (Read 499602 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Its me, Im bad luck Im telling ya, but I love this pool! LOL

And where did all the crazy hashrate come from the last 10hrs?!?!?!?!?

I believe the jump in hash rate is due to hoppers calculating that there's a high probability of us finding blocks.  In other words, we're so down on our luck that there's bound to be a bright future.
Or more correctly known as ... Gambler's Fallacy Smiley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamblers_fallacy

No,  not really. I was referring more to the law of large numbers.
The numbers aren't large, it's Gambler's Fallacy.

The Gambler's fallacy is more concerned with discrete cases or the following event.  That was not my original point, and you are mistaking my intentions with a completely separate idea.

Don't let the "large" in the name of the law fool you.  The law of large numbers doesn't depend upon what you may think is a "large" number.  In fact, the largeness is arbitrary.  The law of large numbers simply states that "as the number of trials of a random process increases, the percentage difference between the expected and actual values goes to zero," 

If you really want to continue this debate, we can do so via PM.  Although, this is about all I'm going to say about this for a while.  I have an actuarial exam that I'm studying for.  So, don't expect an immediate response from me.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
No leftovers.  They are mine.

I have 10 bags now.  I need more to last me until next Easter.  Send Crazy Beans!
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
How long until you offer Crazy Bean payout after purchasing Starburst's manufactory? - Or are you not planning on having leftovers?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

I believe the jump in hash rate is due to hoppers calculating that there's a high probability of us finding blocks.  In other words, we're so down on our luck that there's bound to be a bright future.

The numbers aren't large, it's Gambler's Fallacy.
legendary
GPUmax moving on I am guessing Smiley
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
I wonder what caused that sudden drop in hash rate from around 880 to around 500 a few hours ago...
legendary
Yeah, I think the two huge hashrate's are from GPUmax.

As far as the FAQ goes, I should probably reword it, but it does give a benefit when compared with proportional pools and it's possible to end up with more than your share of proportional depending how early the hopper(s) start and when they leave compared to when it's solved.

Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

<3 hoppers on ECM! Time to cash in DGM benefits! Grin
DGM does not benefit from pool hoppers. I don't know why it says that in the FAQ. That is false though. I think the extra hash rate may be from GPUMAX, they can use up to 200gh here. Most of the hashrate is coming from 2 large miners.

Reduced variance is a good enough benefit for me! Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

DGM does not benefit from pool hoppers. I don't know why it says that in the FAQ. That is false though. I think the extra hash rate may be from GPUMAX, they can use up to 200gh here. Most of the hashrate is coming from 2 large miners.
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
Since you're talking about hoppers, and to confirm the robustness of DGM, I had used EclipseMC as a backup during a bithopper week-long session. My earnings on Eclipse were only 1% less than PPS-equivalent.
Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I believe the jump in hash rate is due to hoppers calculating that there's a high probability of us finding blocks.  In other words, we're so down on our luck that there's bound to be a bright future.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

legendary
No joke.. this has been one crappy ass week.  We are sucking on the namecoin blocks, too, which is surprising. I have checked everything and it all appears to be functioning properly. 

At least we just solved a block... jeez.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
4.45 GH/s = 0.67 BTC/24 hours.. wow.. worst week ever?
legendary
Ok... had a fairly productive weekend.  We are almost done with the major changes behind the scenes and I will be revealing at least some of what I've been working on, hopefully by weeks end. 

Block generation with proper coinbase should now be running properly for all servers.

Don't forget to vote before the poll closes: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.795464

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
OK, my RIGs are getting work again!
legendary
No, but I had to restart the DB a couple times just now, so the hashrate drops to 0 when I do that, even if the pool is only "down" for a couple seconds, since it flushes out it's memory.
Jump to: