Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 129. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I was going to ask you, are you running 5970's on linux? I thought I would test out bamt since since wireless is working with it now, but over-volting does not work on linux. Are you flashing your cards?

Not that you asked me, but all of my video cards are 5970s on Linux (LinuxCoin+SmartCoin). 

You can definitely control the voltage on 5970s with AMDOverdriveCtrl.  I use it to undervolt.  However, I do not know about overvolting.  My MH/s per watt ratio starts dropping above 875MHz using stock volts.  Overvolting would only decrease that ratio for me and add excessive heat.  You might have different results though.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I was going to ask you, are you running 5970's on linux? I thought I would test out bamt since since wireless is working with it now, but over-volting does not work on linux. Are you flashing your cards?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
That's normal and a deficiency in cgminer... I've not found a pool that it doesn't say that on now and again.  CGminer is just really aggressive and if it doesn't get it's way it has a tantrum Smiley  Otherwise, it's a pretty good kid.

Activity: 392
cgminer shows a pool not providing work fast enough message when the network finds a block. I have not paid much attention though, not sure if it means anything yet.
legendary
Yeah, the blocks found is off due to the recent block processing problem.  I need to go through and normalize the blocks found field on each user with the actual user who found the blocks.  A few people got counted twice (or more than twice), and some not at all. 

I plan on doing that soon, I just wanted to make sure everything is stable before poking at it with a stick. Smiley

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Glad your pool is back up Smiley thanks for the hard work!
Activity: 16
I've run into something odd--not sure if it's related to the recent changes.  Either yesterday or today, my total blocks found went from 8 to 9 (both on the "My Account" screen and the "Hall of Fame" screen), but there is no new block found for me listed in the "Block Stats" page.  If I go to the "My Found Blocks" page, it only shows 8 blocks (7 valid + 1 invalid).  I took a look at a few of the other account's links on the "Hall of Fame" page, and those added up correctly.

My EMC user name is cobracommander.

[EDIT: Just saw another discrepancy while looking through the "Hall of Fame" page.  ocminer is listed as having found 16 blocks there, but clicking the link shows 17 blocks for that account.]
Activity: 230
Everything seems back to order now on my end. Thanks Inaba! Smiley
Activity: 226
Everyone working properly now?  

Everything looks good from this end, all shares processed and stats should be in sync.  Servers appear stable and all is well...

While it was down, I made some mods to the getwork server that eliminated some resource hogging and unstable code related to long polling - if anyone notices problems with LPs, let me know, but it should work much better and faster now.  A long poll should hit as soon as a new block is broadcast on the network instead of a second or two later.  

Also, let me know how the drop outs after a block is solved work out now... I will keep an eye on it, but I can't always see it when a block solves, if I'm off killing people in BF3 Smiley  Block processing time seems to be between 3 - 6 seconds, down from a maximum of 6 minutes previously.

Seems to work fine. The fixes/optimizations sound good, let's hope they work Smiley

Everything looks good from this end, all shares processed and stats should be in sync.  Servers appear stable and all is well...

While it was down, I made some mods to the getwork server that eliminated some resource hogging and unstable code related to long polling - if anyone notices problems with LPs, let me know, but it should work much better and faster now.  A long poll should hit as soon as a new block is broadcast on the network instead of a second or two later.  

Also, let me know how the drop outs after a block is solved work out now... I will keep an eye on it, but I can't always see it when a block solves, if I'm off killing people in BF3 Smiley  Block processing time seems to be between 3 - 6 seconds, down from a maximum of 6 minutes previously.

Nice work Inaba.
legendary

The DC is redoing some of their power systems, it seems, and the backup generator that was suppose to kick over apparently failed.

I am exceptionally displeased... it was up for awhile, but I guess they just killed it again or something.  Should be back shortly.

@data center admins - pfffft... amateurs
Depends on your data centre ...

Obviously...are you not following the conversation in this thread?
legendary
Power is stable... bringing the servers back up.  I will add another DNS server not in the DC.

I added two DNS servers located in geographically distinct areas. I had meant to do that a long time ago, but it got lost in the shuffle.

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
well, 69.30.224.137 won't load for me.  

the other things, like 208.110.68.114 to 117 are fine
Activity: 372
Thanks Inaba for your hard work.  Your pool just rocks, even though it's down right now. 
legendary
Hrrmm... forgot about the DNS.  I keep meaning to geographically distributing it, but keep forgetting...

I will bring one of the DNS servers back up.
Activity: 12
I'm trying with google dns

> server 8.8.8.8
Servidor predeterminado:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

> eclipsemc.com
Servidor:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Se agotó el tiempo de espera de la solicitud a google-public-dns-a.google.com

> microsoft.com
Servidor:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

Respuesta no autoritativa:
Nombre:  microsoft.com
Addresses:  207.46.197.32
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
https://eclipsemc.com -> Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)  Shocked

DNS lookup failed, yeah. Is your DNS hosted with your server provider?
Activity: 12
https://eclipsemc.com -> Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)  Shocked

Test with my local dns and google dns
legendary
Well, this has given me a chance to test automated server recovery, that's for sure.  Lots of things were not right!  That last reboot on the server was over 6 months ago, heh.

So, I think I have all the auto recovery stuff working now... we'll see next reboot, server should recover all on it's own. 

DC's got 20 more minutes before they miss their commitment!
Jump to: