Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 128. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Thought you guys might want to see this.  http://www.chiphell.com/thread-333027-1-1.html
7990 pics, not sure if its real. It looks real to me though.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I tried EC2 a long time ago and had a lot of stability issues.  I have, however, made a lot of changes to the backend since then, and perhaps it's time to revisit the possibilities there.

I will try to look into that this week.
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist
I also wouldn't know any web hoster around here, I always used US hosters. Local hosters are mostly GoDaddy's with rip off prices. And dedicated lines are cheap and reliable in HK, many companies host in-house.

Would a cheap EC2 instance in Singapore or Tokyo work, or is this overkill for the few miners in Asia?

My setup seems to work fine now.

Edit: Not that EC2 would change anything probably, a ping to one of my EC2 instances in Singapore is also around 200ms, same as for your servers in the US.
Correction (seems I need another coffee): A ping round trip from HK to SG to my EC2 instance is 43ms right now.
legendary
Not currently ... there seems to be a serious lack of cheap webhosts that are reliable.  I'm still evaluating the options, but its' taken a back burner to other issues lately.
Activity: 489
Immersionist
I am pointing my 5 Icarus test boards at your pool now via us2.eclipsemc.com. Ping times are about 220ms from over here in Hong Kong.

I noticed some old post talking about pacrim.eclipsemc.com, but it seems to resolve to the same IP address.

Do you still run a server for Asia?
legendary
Ah... yeah, looking at the code, I see that it will make the buttons go poof if there is no balance on either NMC or BTC. 

Hrmmm that bit of code is really ugly; you'd be surprised how hard it is to get the button to go grey or red depending on conditions.  I will see what I can do about rectifying that, though... if nothing else, I'll have it display a message informing you that you have to wait.
Activity: 807
When I joined, the buttons didn't show up until 120 confirmations, but at that point I was doing merged and namecoins showed up faster so it didn't take too long.  The change to always show them had already been made, but I assumed the issue was with my browser and not the page itself.  As long as there were NMC or BTC, two buttons were grey and two were red.  When there were NMC and BTC, all four were red.  When I pulled out all NMC and BTC, they disappeared again (still happens, confirmed today).
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
Err, it should be greyed out, not invisible.  Are you saying you don't see 4 grey buttons below the pay me option?
I don't see the words "pay me" anywhere on the web site.  The only button I see is "Cash Out"

I should say that I don't have any confirmed BTC yet, only unconfirmed since I only just started on this pool.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Err, it should be greyed out, not invisible.  Are you saying you don't see 4 grey buttons below the pay me option?

I think he's imagining that there is an actual "pay me" button which in fact does not exist.  Maybe he doesn't realize that the 4 different buttons offer 4 different payout options.
legendary
Err, it should be greyed out, not invisible.  Are you saying you don't see 4 grey buttons below the pay me option?
legendary
OK, I was just being my usual impatient self.  I'll wait for the "Pay Me" button to appear when my balance becomes confirmed.

Having the "Pay Me" button visible but grayed out would be more intuitive than having it invisible like it is.  I was left wondering when/how to collect my mined BTC.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
So is there some point where I can take BTC payment to my wallet without the 10% fee?
After 120 confirmations.
legendary
So is there some point where I can take BTC payment to my wallet without the 10% fee?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I've been experimenting with the Eclipse pool and noticed something funny.  The FAQ says there are no fees but the "Cash Out" button on the Account part of the web site says, "A 10% fee has been already been deducted from the displayed total." when I hover over it.

Are there no fees or is there a 10% fee?  I'm not going to PayPal, just my BTC wallet.
There is no fee for using the pool, if you want your btc converted to usd with paypay there is a fee.

The paypal fee just covers paypal costs. There is also a fee on any unconfirmed funds to give Inaba some protection against any of the unconfirmed funds being from a block that ends up being invalid.
I've been experimenting with the Eclipse pool and noticed something funny.  The FAQ says there are no fees but the "Cash Out" button on the Account part of the web site says, "A 10% fee has been already been deducted from the displayed total." when I hover over it.

Are there no fees or is there a 10% fee?  I'm not going to PayPal, just my BTC wallet.
There is no fee for using the pool, if you want your btc converted to usd with paypay there is a fee.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Actually, the correct answer is to watch your hash rate after an LP (get a good cgminer monitoring tool)
If the rate isn't dropping, then it doesn't matter, cgminer is expecting more than it needs.
If the rate drops at all, yes blame the pool for "not providing work fast enough"

Well, see that's why it throws a tantrum.  CGMiner can/should differentiate between the two distinct problems and provide a different message. 

Additionally why do you need a separate tool to do that?  Isn't that built into the display already?
Unless you are really bored and like watching numbers while waiting hours for many LPs to happen, a reliable graph of that is going to show if a pattern exists.
legendary
Actually, the correct answer is to watch your hash rate after an LP (get a good cgminer monitoring tool)
If the rate isn't dropping, then it doesn't matter, cgminer is expecting more than it needs.
If the rate drops at all, yes blame the pool for "not providing work fast enough"

Well, see that's why it throws a tantrum.  CGMiner can/should differentiate between the two distinct problems and provide a different message. 

Additionally why do you need a separate tool to do that?  Isn't that built into the display already?
I was going to ask you, are you running 5970's on linux? I thought I would test out bamt since since wireless is working with it now, but over-volting does not work on linux. Are you flashing your cards?

Not that you asked me, but all of my video cards are 5970s on Linux (LinuxCoin+SmartCoin). 

You can definitely control the voltage on 5970s with AMDOverdriveCtrl.  I use it to undervolt.  However, I do not know about overvolting.  My MH/s per watt ratio starts dropping above 875MHz using stock volts.  Overvolting would only decrease that ratio for me and add excessive heat.  You might have different results though.
I think it sets the max voltage at stock 1.049, probably the same with 5870s. I've had pretty good luck with 1.100, 870mhz clocks, most stay under 70c unless the sun hits them. I only get stable clocks between 800-830 on stock voltage, 875 would be impressive.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
That's normal and a deficiency in cgminer... I've not found a pool that it doesn't say that on now and again.  CGminer is just really aggressive and if it doesn't get it's way it has a tantrum Smiley  Otherwise, it's a pretty good kid.

Jump to: