Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 130. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The DC is redoing some of their power systems, it seems, and the backup generator that was suppose to kick over apparently failed.

I am exceptionally displeased... it was up for awhile, but I guess they just killed it again or something.  Should be back shortly.

@data center admins - pfffft... amateurs
Depends on your data centre ...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yeah, I am working with the datacenter to figure out when they are going to be done doing the power issues.  I keep bringing the servers back up, then the power goes out again and I have to do it all over again.

GAHHH

I am going to take the website offline until power is restored.  They are saying 1 more hour at the most, but I'm not sure how much faith i have in that.

Mining should still be active and working while power is there, and all shares will be accounted for once power returns to the webserver. 
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
us.eclipsemc.com seems to be working again for me. Still can't get to the eclipse.com site though.
Activity: 150
The DC is redoing some of their power systems, it seems, and the backup generator that was suppose to kick over apparently failed.

I am exceptionally displeased... it was up for awhile, but I guess they just killed it again or something.  Should be back shortly.

@data center admins - pfffft... amateurs
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Seems to be working now.

I couldn't get US3 to work, but US2 is working for me at the moment.
Activity: 226
Seems to be working now.
legendary
Looks like the whole datacenter is offline, I can't even get to the support site for the DC.

I will update when I know something.
Are the website and pools both down atm?

edit: nvm, works now, must have been you, Inaba, fixing the block thing.

edit2: Thanks for the fixes!!

edit3: I guess you still are working on stuff, can't connect to both site and pools.
legendary
Well, it looks like I reduced the block processing time from 6 minutes to 6 seconds... literally, lol.  I think I may have solved the blocking problem.
legendary
I just found a huge bottleneck in block processing that was a complete surprise.  part of it was an unindexed table column, which should really help out.

If it doesn't fix the problem, I can actually move that portion of the code to another, delayed process (share counts for a block will be off briefly if I do, but that's not a big deal) that will hopefully eliminate the hiccups after a block is solved.

I can't believe that this particular bit of code was responsible for as much of the problem as it was, it's a complete surprise.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
please send all unwanted NMC to me.
Is merged mining still worthwhile?
@0.0038 $ per NMC, it seems fairly pointless.

Personally, every last bit counts.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Is merged mining still worthwhile?
@0.0038 $ per NMC, it seems fairly pointless.
legendary
Yeah, that was the on that had the problem I believe... so I imagine that was it.
I think there was a problem with one of the servers.  I restarted them all just now, so I think your disconnection may have been related to that.

Which server are you mining on, Math Man?

I'm on US3.
legendary
Seems fine here, I haven't noticed any issues.

Anyone else?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
DDOS? I'm not able to access the website. Miners are doing fine though.
legendary
I think there was a problem with one of the servers.  I restarted them all just now, so I think your disconnection may have been related to that.

Which server are you mining on, Math Man?
Jump to: