Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 14. (Read 499491 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hi Josh, everyone

If i ask the miner software to request a certain difficulty (say, 16) is there a way I can ensure EMC accepts this? Or does it like doing its own thing.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
If you changed your email, then yes it will be active until it expires.  There's no way to remove it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
There was a bug that should be corrected now.  It locked all of the payout lock accounts temporarily.  If it's still locked and shouldn't be, let me know.

I think i got this bug, my auto payout has stopped (over the threshold). It says payout lock is active with 1170 mins remaining.

EDIT: i did change my email to have miner fail notification to my phone. If this lock is a feature, how can i remove it?

Thanks
legendary
Yeah, I'm looking into that issue, not sure why that's occurring.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Nothing too big but when left on the account page of the web site the miners hash rate just disappears, and Error shows up, have to hit the refresh button to update the page and problem is gone, till page auto  updates.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Looks like the pool is wonky again. Gone from 389mh to 1.93 gh in 2 mins. My average on bfg showing as 3.34gh/s

You know, this pool might have some issues reporting rates and other statistics, BUT it seems it is an honest 0% pool.

I've tried many pools (btcguild, slush, eligius, gigavps to name few), and I come back here because it makes most money.  I don't know if it just
pool luck or the way it distributes work, but  it does find more blocks per pool hash rate than any other ASIC pool I've tried.

gigavps is good for stability, very ASIC friendly, but it does not make as much money as this pool.  I'm sure other pool operators are honest, but somehow  I get 0.7/block when this pool rate was 40GH/s on my 900-950 GH/s vs 0.6/block on gigavps (~40GH/s).  AND EMC finds more
blocks/day.  Not sure if gigavps is "taxing" by keeping some blocks, but my 900 GH/s just makes more money here on this pool.

If anyone has suggestions for a better pool.  Let me know.

legendary
I've made some code changes and database optimizations that should speed things up and alleviate if not eliminate the "drop outs" some people were experiencing, which was not actual drop outs as far as hashrate goes, just the servers getting backed up.

It should also make the site more snappy going forward.
legendary
Your account appears to be fine, I don't see any issues with it.
legendary
Can you please send me a screen shot of your My Account page?  [email protected]
legendary
There was a bug that should be corrected now.  It locked all of the payout lock accounts temporarily.  If it's still locked and shouldn't be, let me know.
legendary
Minimum difficulty will be changing to 4 in the next couple of days.

af_newbie: It depends on which server you're talking about.   Typically mostly defaults though.
legendary
It was probably this block: http://blockchain.info/block-index/411831/000000000000000e574e965e02234f21e3b5dd1ff5d830bd5e47005da9996146

Which was actually found by BTCguild.  It often happens that two blocks are found in fairly close proximity time wise, when that happens, they don't even show up as invalids, since they did not even have time to get paid out, so they are just discarded.  The only time you'll see an invalid is if there is a significant time delay between when a block was found and when it's validated by the network.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
True, but "in the long-term we are all dead"  Smiley

Again, your timescales for comparing pools is too small.

You'd need at least 1-2 months to do any type of proper comparison.

vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
gigavps is good for stability, very ASIC friendly, but it does not make as much money as this pool. 

Pools have good luck and bad luck unless you are using PPS. My pool has been unlucky for the last week or so which should account for your payments.

I must say though, your time scales for comparison are far from what is needed to make any kind of proper judgement.

It took 6 months for my pool to have a run of luck that brought it back to 100% PPS.

http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2013/08/151-semi-private-mining-pool.html
Looks like the pool is wonky again. Gone from 389mh to 1.93 gh in 2 mins. My average on bfg showing as 3.34gh/s

You know, this pool might have some issues reporting rates and other statistics, BUT it seems it is an honest 0% pool.

I've tried many pools (btcguild, slush, eligius, gigavps to name few), and I come back here because it makes most money.  I don't know if it just
pool luck or the way it distributes work, but  it does find more blocks per pool hash rate than any other ASIC pool I've tried.

gigavps is good for stability, very ASIC friendly, but it does not make as much money as this pool.  I'm sure other pool operators are honest, but somehow  I get 0.7/block when this pool rate was 40GH/s on my 900-950 GH/s vs 0.6/block on gigavps (~40GH/s).  AND EMC finds more
blocks/day.  Not sure if gigavps is "taxing" by keeping some blocks, but my 900 GH/s just makes more money here on this pool.

If anyone has suggestions for a better pool.  Let me know.

You have how much gh?HuhHuh
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I just think that you get better results here because of DGM. Other pools use PPS or PPLNS.
I like the pool also. I've ued eligius btc and deepbit but this is the only pool I use now
legendary
Intel based for the most part.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
What kind of hardware do you run the servers on?
Pages:
Jump to: