Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 16. (Read 499491 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Where are you looking at your hashrate, on the EMC dashboard?  Hashrates on pools are only estimates based on the shares submitted, so no pool will tell you your actual hashrate, only an average rate based on an estimate.  As long as your average hashrate over time is correct, you are good to go.

If you want a more accurate hashrate measurement, change your window under the settings tab.  It's labeled as "Minutes to estimate miner hashrate" ... change it to 45 or 60 minutes.

@af_newbie: The pool sets difficulty dynamically.  If you are being reset to 2 a couple times a day, it means you are disconnecting from the pool (or changing servers) for an extended period of time (I think it's set to reset after a minute or two).  Any idea why you might be disconnecting or switching servers?

I will be increasing the minimum difficulty here in the near future from 2 to 4 or so, but i'm not sure that's helpful to you specifically.  I think you can specify minimum difficulty in cgminer/bfgminer upon connecting, too, which you might want to do.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I have a different problem, my hash rate drops almost to half overtime, since i do not have access to my machines (hosted) I assume they are using EasyMiner to connect to EMC. Is this a hardware issue or something to do with configuration setting?
legendary
US2 and US3 should be back up now.  Stats will be wonky as the servers synchronize and catch up with each other.
legendary
Having a power issue in one of the DC's that host US2 and US3.  US1 is still up and will continue to accept shares.

I'll have US2 and US3 back up ASAP.
legendary
I must have missed that.  Merged mining has been removed as an option a long time ago and I've updated the post now... I thought I had removed it from everywhere, but must have missed that line.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
First post say:

Merged Mining - Mine both BTC and NMC at the same time!

I've been looking through my settings and I can not find my NMC address. I have not mined eclipse for a long time but it used to be there.

What am I missing? I plan to mine pps btw. I'm able to do that merged too right?
Activity: 45
Locked out of my account due to Google Authenticator. Any chance my account can be unlocked? Still have some BTC in it.
Activity: 21
It seems I still have a lot to learn.  Thank you both for the info.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
New miner here with a rookie question.

I have one worker hashing away with about 3.5 GHz worth of Erupters, and everything with it is working great.  I want to start a second worker on a separate computer that only has one Erupter (to which I'd be adding more down the road).  The problem is, the pool is assigning this worker a difficulty of 2 (I'm guessing due to the first worker).  One Erupter with a 2 Difficulty = not many accepted shares.

I don't see anywhere in the settings where I can manually assign a difficulty.  Is there a way for me to change the difficulty of my second worker down to 1?  Or would I be better off pointing it elsewhere until I get more Erupters?

Eclipse uses diff=2 as the minimum now, to help discourage botnet miners.  Running at diff=2 does not hurt your earnings in any way, it just reduces the frequency of shares.  You'll see more variance, but given time it will earn you the same as you would at diff=1.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
You'll have to make that choice about the single Erupter - the minimum difficulty of the pool was set to 2 recently and there is no way to manually change the difficulty.  You should be getting 1/2 as many shares accepted at difficulty 2 as you would have at difficulty 1 and being paid the same since each share is worth 2x.  It shouldn't matter...
Activity: 21
New miner here with a rookie question.

I have one worker hashing away with about 3.5 GHz worth of Erupters, and everything with it is working great.  I want to start a second worker on a separate computer that only has one Erupter (to which I'd be adding more down the road).  The problem is, the pool is assigning this worker a difficulty of 2 (I'm guessing due to the first worker).  One Erupter with a 2 Difficulty = not many accepted shares.

I don't see anywhere in the settings where I can manually assign a difficulty.  Is there a way for me to change the difficulty of my second worker down to 1?  Or would I be better off pointing it elsewhere until I get more Erupters?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Thanks! However, I don't think the 24 hour BTC earned thing works.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Hey Inaba,

I started mining BTC again, and have gone back to your pool (3 month hiatus). It looks like you removed the PPS rate stat and the total 24 hour profit stat. Any chance you'd be adding those again?
legendary
PPS is @ 5%.

As for Gox, depends on which problem you are talking about.  I'm currently on day 20 of waiting on a wire transfer.  As such, that's why we are switching.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Yes, we are no longer using Gox.  Basically no one uses the Gox rate anymore, since it's impossible to get money out of Gox, except as BTC.  We are using Bitstamp as the rate now, as that seems to be in line with the rest of the exchanges, with the exception of Gox. 

Were your problem with Gox ever been dealt with promptly? like any compensation or apology? I recall you had an issue with them regarding funding.

Btw, what is the fee of PPS on your pool?

Didnt pay attention and now your pool grows so fast.... wow.  Good job
legendary
Yes, we are no longer using Gox.  Basically no one uses the Gox rate anymore, since it's impossible to get money out of Gox, except as BTC.  We are using Bitstamp as the rate now, as that seems to be in line with the rest of the exchanges, with the exception of Gox. 
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
just an FYI at the time of this posting your trade price is under  $~10 vs what Mx Gox has it at.

EMC :  Last Trade: $93.37    Daily Avg: $90.0000 USD

MT. Gox: Last price:$102.60000  High:$103.89999 Low:$101.93500

Just an FYI

legendary
Stuck blocks have been fixed and paid out properly.  

On a side note, I made a small change and workers will now default to PPS instead of DGM.  New users seem to be very confused about DGM and PPS makes more sense to the uninitiated and I spend a lot of time explaining it, so it defaults to PPS now to hopefully cut down on the questions as to why a user isn't getting what they expect in the beginning.  DGM is still available via the drop down.

Minimum difficulty is currently set at 2.  Expect that to rise in the near future as more ASICs come online. 
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Pages:
Jump to: