Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 92. (Read 499602 times)

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Just thinking outloud.
I have never used the cashout feature I don't think. But it sounds like the problem isn't with being able to cashout early. The problem sounds like there should be a sane limit on bitcoins that can be cashed out unconfirmed per day or something like that. Sure people could potentially cheat, but if you used a % of bitcoins confirmed as a measure or a small enough number it would mitigate the risk.
Second
I feel bad for Inaba. It sounds like right now he is out about 9K. I would hate to be him and be asked a question about payments right now. No answer would be great for all parties. Some will not mind delays while things get better, some may mind. Some people have been paid in advance for a ton of work they may never do. I hope he gets all the bitcoins back. It sounds like for now he has paid quite a price for a small error. I know this is rambling on but I guess my point was no matter the answer some people may over react to it. This pool is awesome and I am glad to mine for it, on it and with it!
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
So concerning the unpaid payouts that took place once the wallet was depleted, how will that take place? Sent at a later time once more funds become available?
And any current mining will be paid once payout amounts are met?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Probably better to remove the Cashout feature to avoid this happening again. It has happened twice now that stats displayed erroneous unconfirmed and cashout balance (first time was when we hit 1TH).
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yeah, it looks like the people who got the illicit funds did it through cashout almost exclusively.  I'm back in town now and can do a proper analysis of what's happened, which I will be doing tomorrow.  I will also be putting in even more code than I already did this morning to prevent this sort of thing in the future. 

I've received ~200 BTC of the ~1200 BTC back, so I appreciate the honesty some people have shown so far.  I will be contacting the other individuals via email privately to see if they are willing to send the funds back, hopefully some of them just don't read the forums. 

As far as the unconfirmed NMC goes, it's a known bug that I haven't had time to fix.  You can ignore it for the moment, I will get to it as soon as I can. 

Dwolla payments are delayed until I can get some more funds into the Dwolla account.. it takes so long to fund the account, I need to find a better way.  As soon as the account has a positive balance again, all the stalled Dwolla payments will process.  I will be investigating other ways to streamline this in the future, but the 4+ business day delay between depositing funds and getting access to them is a major pain.

Share processing has finished (it did several hours ago) and stats should be mostly correct now for real time display. 
Activity: 173
So again, I would kindly request that anyone who has received extra funds erroneously return them to: 1hK7oeDzHTYwSG2BXhfzaucJXenHfTTkL

Obviously, I can't force anyone to do that.  I will be looking through the accounts and seeing who got paid what that they shouldn't have and see if there's anything to be done about it... but I suspect a lot of the people who got illicit funds were on auto-pay, so when their balance suddenly went way positive, it just initiated auto-payouts and they didn't do anything explicitly on purpose.  I know some people have, though... I see a lot of manual payouts happening in the timeframe that the bug was happening.  So we'll see how many honest folks we have here!

For what it's worth, when I logged in and saw the glitch, the erroneous coins seemed to be unconfirmed, so the only way (at least in this case) to get them would be to do a manual Cash Out.

I had Auto Payout set to 5 BTC, and had .752 Confirmed, 58.030 Unconfirmed, and a Cashout Amount of 53.571.  I didn't receive anything via the Auto Payout (and I didn't do a manual Cash Out or any manual transactions).

If the bug affected other accounts the same way, it would look like the only way to get the coins would have been through a manual Cash Out.

+1

If it was auto-payout, only the legit amount will be sent out. During the bug, the erroneous amount only appeared on the unconfirmed and cashout balance.
Activity: 226
So again, I would kindly request that anyone who has received extra funds erroneously return them to: 1hK7oeDzHTYwSG2BXhfzaucJXenHfTTkL

Obviously, I can't force anyone to do that.  I will be looking through the accounts and seeing who got paid what that they shouldn't have and see if there's anything to be done about it... but I suspect a lot of the people who got illicit funds were on auto-pay, so when their balance suddenly went way positive, it just initiated auto-payouts and they didn't do anything explicitly on purpose.  I know some people have, though... I see a lot of manual payouts happening in the timeframe that the bug was happening.  So we'll see how many honest folks we have here!

For what it's worth, when I logged in and saw the glitch, the erroneous coins seemed to be unconfirmed, so the only way (at least in this case) to get them would be to do a manual Cash Out.

I had Auto Payout set to 5 BTC, and had .752 Confirmed, 58.030 Unconfirmed, and a Cashout Amount of 53.571.  I didn't receive anything via the Auto Payout (and I didn't do a manual Cash Out or any manual transactions).

If the bug affected other accounts the same way, it would look like the only way to get the coins would have been through a manual Cash Out.

Same thing with me (different numbers ofc).
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
2012-07-21 10:07:34 15,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HE4kXT 0.56672412 Manual
never arrived in my wallet and there are name coins that have been unconfimed for weeks?
what the heck is going on?
Activity: 344

I had Auto Payout set to 5 BTC, and had .752 Confirmed, 58.030 Unconfirmed, and a Cashout Amount of 53.571.  I didn't receive anything via the Auto Payout (and I didn't do a manual Cash Out or any manual transactions).

Activity: 252
Inactive

Just double checked my manually initiated Dwolla payouts.

I'm missing (no Dwolla payment notification) for three EMC withdrawals between 7/18 - 7/19.  My BTC balance was debited accordingly.
Seems to be working on previous shares. Mine shows 1.3Ghash and should be around 860Mhash but DB rollback earlier is trying to catch up. Your account should show shares incrimenting I would hope.
Activity: 446
Do the worker stats work right now? I sent a lot of hashes your way but I was showing nothing in the worker stats after 10 minutes or so so I left. Let me know if its just a delay or something.

Thanks

Did the payout bug effect the namecoins as well? I only ask because 2 payouts in 24 hours is either really good luck or a bug. I am running 860Mhash and payout on 5.0 name coins.
Activity: 406
LTC
On other side now, I redirected around 15 - 18 Ghs on EMC, but I see only one worker around 10 GHs, should "my workers" page be working? I am asking cause I use some custom software and something may be wrong my peer.
Activity: 35
Well I saw that my account had 146 BTC to cash out and chose not to cash out. It was early this mornIng so the wallet might have not been empty yet. I am glad that I didn't because it would have taken a lot of willpower to give back $1300 worth of coins. Well at least I can go to sleep feeling like a good person tonight now.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
I would wait for the weekend to be up before doing something as drastic as publishing rogue usernames... However I believe that would be a good step to take if they have been given a good chance to return the funds.

I would recommend that any that have not returned overpaid funds be contacted by email, since they might not all be reading this thread.
Activity: 406
LTC
Sorry, I had no intention to cash out real coins, I thought its a GUI bug. I even opened a thread in noobs section ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/emc-rulez-lol-94463) , I could not post in this thread directly cause I did not post anything here until today, but almost nobody noticed it.
When I saw that money actually seem to leave I pmed you and some other guys which seemed to know you. I am not accustomed to this forum.
Activity: 20
So, aside the fact that a lot of BTC went missing, will the shares from those 8 hours back or so be all accounted for for proper payment?
I see that the site is currently indicating activity from my miners even though they aren't pointed at EMC, wanted to know if that was related to the rollback and everyone will be back in spot as it was.

And with the BTC currently returned, will that allow things to keep moving normally or will there be a period of time without payouts available?
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
I've tried to cash out manually, after calling Darkice, so he could warn Inaba, just to keep the money safe and return back...but I was late, it was already empty  Sad. I could've saved around 30btc.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
Thanks for the repayment guys.  Got about 160 BTC so far out of just under 1200 BTC... it's definitely a start!

There was no security issue that I can find.  I was able to duplicate the bug that caused the accounts to go nuts and I've corrected that bug, so it shouldn't be an issue.  I had to manually change a few payments that I believe are erroneous that were still queued... they show as a transaction ID of "Default."  

If you see a transaction ID of "Default" and you believe the payment is actually correct, let me know and I will investigate it further.

As far as shares showing, the database has gone through about 700,000 of the 4 million backed up shares, so it's going to take several hours to clear it up.

I may be the only one that used the 'cash out' option in that rollback period, but I'm positive it's showing me with more BTC than I should have...  I cashed out 0.4483907 BTC & it's showing me at 0.4921077 BTC cash out amount now.   I didn't do much mining after the MtGox lockup.  Not enough to get that cash-out amount back to 0.5 for sure.. (my decaying DGM is 0.00497400 for the block that was just solved, 1482/190118)

Just in case there's someone out there that might have had a meaningful amt of bitcoins that used that feature..

(my payouts still show manual as well, re: 2012-07-21 05:49:56   1NAsM7hM5CpVeak8X5NnW42UNphqkgN8WV   16.46777535   Manual  .. wouldnt want it to still be in the queue or w/e)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Thanks for the repayment guys.  Got about 160 BTC so far out of just under 1200 BTC... it's definitely a start!

There was no security issue that I can find.  I was able to duplicate the bug that caused the accounts to go nuts and I've corrected that bug, so it shouldn't be an issue.  I had to manually change a few payments that I believe are erroneous that were still queued... they show as a transaction ID of "Default." 

If you see a transaction ID of "Default" and you believe the payment is actually correct, let me know and I will investigate it further.

As far as shares showing, the database has gone through about 700,000 of the 4 million backed up shares, so it's going to take several hours to clear it up.
Pages:
Jump to: