Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 82. (Read 267187 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Until the pool reaches 5Nd shares, every block found will pay all shares found since the pool started.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Correct, they are all paid. Your shares / all shares of the pool = your reward.
The reason some person see their estimated reward going down is that some of us are trowing high quantity of th and then make a lot of share in short time.
Doing 500th for 1 day is like doing 50 th for 10 day. But the system calcul your estimated reward base on the share that are actually done. So when a lot of person come at some point and trown a lot of power, then your estimated reward go down. Because you got a smaller % of all shares.  Wink  Simple math  Grin
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
What you said is true. 5n is 5 times the network difficulty and all share in that range get paid.
But they get paid base on the % of their share.
So let said you have 1 000 000 share out of 5 000 000 total shares, you wil get 1/5 of the block.
If the pool cross the 5n shares than the first share that have been done will start to be revoe from the calculation.

So, let said you mine 1 000 000 at start and we reach 5n. Your 1 000 000 shares will slowly go down.

Hope its more clear.

You get paid for each share you submit base on the total amount of share the pool have.

I agree but since the pool did not reach 5n then all shares submitted for this block should be paid, correct?

Edit- all shares submitted from ALL 3 found blocks should get paid since we have not reached 5n with all the shares
legendary
What you said is true. 5n is 5 times the network difficulty and all share in that range get paid.
But they get paid base on the % of their share.
So let said you have 1 000 000 share out of 5 000 000 total shares, you wil get 1/5 of the block.
If the pool cross the 5n shares than the first share that have been done will start to be revoe from the calculation.

So, let said you mine 1 000 000 at start and we reach 5n. Your 1 000 000 shares will slowly go down.

Hope its more clear.

You get paid for each share you submit base on the total amount of share the pool have.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Philipma1957,
I appreciate your explanation of the payouts but 5n is 5 times the network difficulty in my understanding, which would be approx. 720,000,000,000 unless the N is defined elsewhere for the pool.  If it is indeed 5n then ALL shares would be paid because we have not hit 5n shares since the pool began.

I could be wrong but I think the pool operator needs to explain the N for the pool.

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Sweet pool got a block. Congrats everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Actually, I don't qualify for my own promotion... So that means the bonus is still available to the next block finder Smiley.  I will keep the promo running.  Same rules as before: 1BTC to the block finder until the pool crosses 110% of expected shares, at which point it goes to 0.9BTC until it crosses 120%, then it becomes 0.8BTC and so on.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Woke up to see Jonny found us a block.

The upside of that is that Jonny gets to keep his 1BTC Smiley   (he's done a ton for this pool so there's nothing wrong with that).

Phil as usual has the proper explanations - everyone would be wise to heed his words.

Thanks a ton Jonny!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Wow... a ton of activity on the thread... you'd think the pool found a block or something! Tongue

To those asking about payouts, I truly hope Phil has shown how changes in hash rate of the pool will have an effect on your estimated and actual earnings.

Now I've got to think up a new promotion...
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Look don't trash this thread, JonnyBravo has a very good track record and reputation. Plus a real trooper. If there is an issue it will be looked into not to worry. I''ve been here since the beginning  and can tell you that there are good miners here

I think that he does not understand we share the block according to hash spent.  Right Now someone is tossing 2 ph at the pool and once I clear my nicehash coins I will toss 500th at the pool.

This causes all miners share in the current block to drop unless they beef up their hash to match the 2 ph and 500th added.  

which causes  the earnings for a block in progress to drop for all that do not keep up with the additions.

I will show some screenshots that prove this and it is a perfectly normal thing to happen.

here I am right before I fired up hash.  I spent 0.05 btc for 500th on nice hash

four minutes later  I grew from 0.00 to 0.027

nine more minutes and rapid growth in earnings

at this minute I have over 500th mining ant the pool has around 700th

I am up to .282 btc  those earnings are being taken from the rest of the miners  so at the moment every one is shrinking and I am growing.
This makes sense as I have 5/7 of the entire hashrate at the moment.

now here I am I bumped order to 1ph and I have seconds left on it  look at my earnings if I hit the block right now over 1 btc

now I spent all my hash on nice hash order is gone.  I blew my wad so to speak.

so what happens next?  Shrinkage occurs when your hash ratio drops.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Look don't trash this thread, JonnyBravo has a very good track record and reputation. Plus a real trooper. If there is an issue it will be looked into not to worry. I''ve been here since the beginning  and can tell you that there are good miners here
legendary
Awesome!  Grin Good job Jonny
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
something going on, something dodgy...
Jonny should explain whats happening, but Jonny is not here.
My earnings going backward...
Do you have similar issues guys ?

see pictures
in 2 minutes i lost 0.025btc and still losing

http://imgur.com/yxVpocN
http://imgur.com/zrWwEfx
It would be easy to fake the pic, yet its first time i enter this thread so i cannot say.

yes, its easy, but why would i do that?
its few $ only,
that is way im asking if anyone has similar issue?

your earnings on a current block do shrink:

A)  if someone adds a ton of hash
B)  if you stop mining on that block
C)  if you hashrate drops a bit.

If you want I can give a clear example and recreate exactly what happened to you.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Firstly, just wanted to say congrats to all those mining here.

I also want to state that JonnyB is one of the few good people I trust in the bitcoin world.
 But... I did find the payout for the second block (#392809) to be under what I had expected given my shares.
I did ask Jonny to look into it at the time.

The payout for this third block seems ok given that I have only been mining on/off recently.

I mine as GoJonnyGo by the way.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

see pictures

It would be easy to fake the pic, yet its first time i enter this thread so i cannot say.

yes, its easy, but why would i do that?
its few $ only,
that is way im asking if anyone has similar issue?
You prolly right but i left that pill just in case Tongue.
legendary

see pictures

look at the time stamp on pc

edit
2nd pic is first, now is like supposed to be
i mean that its easy to change the timestamp, or the amount shown on the site.
legendary

see pictures

Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Way to go Jonny!!  Grin
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
nice block Johnny
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
nice one, and payout is even better Smiley thanks

estimated earnings on main dashboard-how accurate it is?

I have some problems with earnings too. Few hours before block was found I had estimated earning of around 1.6BTC. Now, as unconfirmed balance, I only have 0.89BTC which is quite a huge difference for a few hours Huh
Pages:
Jump to: