Pages:
Author

Topic: 17.2TH/s, 1570W Innosilicon announces the most powerful and efficient BTC Miner - page 13. (Read 6724 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
this... I pretty much lost my shirt trying to go w/ halong I can't imagine innosilicon being anything worthwhile to anyone at the price they're trying to hawk these for

If they were smart they could compete with a two year warranty.

But 1600 for 17th vs 1780 for 28th. Is a big edge for bitmain .

Of the three out there Avalon is best for me due to the long warranty.
My power deal means I can not lose unless the gear breaks.
So I look for gear with best warranty
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Huh? At current 1600 price, S9 is already far more competitive, especially with coupons. Getting 80% more hashrate is alot better than 10% more efficiency.
Go ahead and crunch your numbers.

this... I pretty much lost my shirt trying to go w/ halong I can't imagine innosilicon being anything worthwhile to anyone at the price they're trying to hawk these for
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
My moderation standards have not changed in many years as moderator here but I'm not the only moderator.

As for this mining hardware, specifically I'm contracted by MyRig for the driver to the HalongMiner T1 and have nothing to do with Innosilicon directly.

yea...was talking with Gordon at Consensus this week and he was saying all their driver work is done by luke.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
This is so important for the miner besides performance. Bitmain’s still capable of lowering their S9 price if the Innosilicon comes close to it in price or performance to stay competitive. This will have to be near the price of an S9 to have decent sales at all.

We already know the price in bulk ($1600/100 MOQ), but resellers will definitely markup the price. The question is how much it will cost for us and what Bitmain will do in response- they’ll probably lower the price of the S9 further as aforementioned (S9i 14TH/S is currently at $1050 with PSU).

Huh? At current 1600 price, S9 is already far more competitive, especially with coupons. Getting 80% more hashrate is alot better than 10% more efficiency.
Go ahead and crunch your numbers.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
S9s and avalons are selling cheap these days. They need to compete strongly on price too, or it wont make sense to purchase.

This is so important for the miner besides performance. Bitmain’s still capable of lowering their S9 price if the Innosilicon comes close to it in price or performance to stay competitive. This will have to be near the price of an S9 to have decent sales at all.

We already know the price in bulk ($1600/100 MOQ), but resellers will definitely markup the price. The question is how much it will cost for us and what Bitmain will do in response- they’ll probably lower the price of the S9 further as aforementioned (S9i 14TH/S is currently at $1050 with PSU).
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Missing one key piece of information:  How much?

S9s and avalons are selling cheap these days. They need to compete strongly on price too, or it wont make sense to purchase.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
My moderation standards have not changed in many years as moderator here but I'm not the only moderator.

As for this mining hardware, specifically I'm contracted by MyRig for the driver to the HalongMiner T1 and have nothing to do with Innosilicon directly.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Missing one key piece of information:  How much?

$1600/unit and MOQ 100  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I won't be having a Innosilicon T2 for review, bought or for free,
their business policy is bad for the community and I also have bad personal experience with them..
legendary
@ -ck thank you for reply

price does matter  would like to know.

I would not buy this without proper firmware support.

My t1's are fine at low and medium speed.

If I can not set this gear to 3 speeds I do not want it.

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Math doesn't care what you believe.
Missing one key piece of information:  How much?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
If you have a choice, which half refund from order of Innosilicon or miner, I will now always choose a refund.
You will get more money back, than with miner from Innosilicon.

My recommendation is, not buy and stay far away from this company.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
Hmm........should I buy a lot of this to test out? Inno being Inno and all
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
So from experience the specs are something more along these lines:

17.2 - 6% = 16.17TH

1570w + 6% = 1664w

In all fairness, if they can operate at 50c external temps they have a place in the market because nothing else does.

Activity: 181
Merit: 53
The original T2 thread is listed here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/halong-mining-announces-the-t2-a-17-175th-miner-3389644

Innosilicon, do you have an explanation for CK not supporting your hardware, and your current relationship with Halong?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
It means to me that Inno needs to make it clear that it only works with pools that supports AB.

Until the majority of pools support AB failure to mention that is false advertising by omission because people will naturally assume that it works with all pools  - and for all sha256-d coins - as historically all miners have. This miner and the T1 do not.

As I've said about Halong and their T1, if Inno wants all pools to support AB then they need to get some of these in the hands of the pool operators so they can test the changes on their pool using Testnet to verify how it behaves with their setup. Only a fool would make live changes to what is essentially financial software without testing on their pool hardware/software setup first.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
legendary
Is it same chip as the Halong T1 correct?
Will -ck provide firmware to this gear?
Does it only mine BTC?
Is it limited to 5 pools?

i was not able to the pool i wanted

is it only possible to mine on slush and ck? i dont like these pools at all there are more profitable o es but if i enter the details it keeps loading and not connecting is it hence only possible to mine on 2 pools
The public pools it currently works on are:
ckpool
solo ckpool
slush
bitminter
f2pool

I would love to demo one for you if you answer my 4 questions. Above
I don't mind being  limited to the 5 pools above as long as I know this before I buy it.
Activity: 243
Merit: 108
Innosilicon ASIC official representative
17.2TH/s, 1570W at the wall, Innosilicon announces today the world most powerful and efficient BTC Miners---INNOSILICON Terminator 2 (T2) Miner ready for mass shipment!

Innosilicon, the worldwide leader of crypto currency mining ASIC manufacturer, unveiled the 10nm innovative SHA256 miner, the Terminator 2 miner, which is a leap forward in the current hot contested BTC mining market. This new product again showcase the Innosilicon's engineering capacity to deliver the most advanced mining ASIC miners nonstop.

http://www.innosilicon.com/uploadfile/2018/0517/20180517084212979.jpg

INNOSILICON Terminator 2 (T2) Miner is the next generation BTC mining product that adopts the state-of-the-art semiconductor technology with the innovative dynamic frequency scaling architecture for added efficiency and reliability. The typical hash rate reaches over 17.2TH/S  per miner, and power consumption can go as low as 85W/TH at the wall in the high efficiency mode. Innosilicon T2 miners will generate considerable better ROI, cost much less to operate over competition, and will be the last one standing as today's mining difficulty increases sharply. T2 is likely to operate with profit and good re-sell values when other miners become obsolete in the sharp difficulty rise. Own T2, worry free.

http://www.innosilicon.com/uploadfile/2018/0517/20180517084751448.jpg

From http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/25.html

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove inline image tags.
Pages:
Jump to: