Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 50. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 250
BFL Labs amazed us once aggain.
They have got 2 working software, and no devices to work on for sale Wink
Activity: 349
Looks like cgminer will have support for BitForce singles.  Luke-Jr has posted source -- see link.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.683449
Activity: 274
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Thanks for that rjk.   These things can't arrive soon enough.  Sick to death of my GPU's Sad
I'm looking forward to the day when I can stack 2 or 3 of these on top of my 6-card rig and show people that yes, this little box does the same amount of work as this huge rig. Technology moves so fast...
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Thanks for that rjk.   These things can't arrive soon enough.  Sick to death of my GPU's Sad
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I certainly do not mind a performance of 832 mh/s if the delivery is guaranteed.
rjk
1ngldh

So I asked for some pics... why not Grin

Regarding the updated PCB, we'll have photos on arrival at the assembly facility.  However, I'm not sure if we'll get around to posting photos of them until after assembly.

Nom nom nom. I can't wait. Cool

mmm. What was the date on that communicae?
Few hours ago.
Activity: 504

Regarding the updated PCB, we'll have photos on arrival at the assembly facility.  However, I'm not sure if we'll get around to posting photos of them until after assembly.

mmm. What was the date on that communicae?
I feel like feeding the trolls tonight because I am bored, so I shall post some proactive communication from BF Labs for you guys.

Hi rjk,

I'm writing with an update.  The units tested out at a performance level of 832 mh/s and not 1.05 gh/s.  This is largely due to their consuming more power than the simulation indicated and the on board power regulator had a hard time keeping up with the demand.  To resolve this, we've upgraded the power regulation from one 50w route to two 60w route (one for each processor). 

This has pushed our production back several weeks and the PCB's are only now finished.  They're off to component assembly in Taiwan next week, then back to us here in Kansas City for firmware set and burn in testing prior to delivery across the 2nd half of this month.  We can't guarantee more than 832 mh/s until we test, so you'll need to either cancel your order or accept the performance reduction.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,
Sonny K
BF Labs Inc.

Hahaha
rjk
1ngldh
I feel like feeding the trolls tonight because I am bored, so I shall post some proactive communication from BF Labs for you guys.

Hi rjk,

I'm writing with an update.  The units tested out at a performance level of 832 mh/s and not 1.05 gh/s.  This is largely due to their consuming more power than the simulation indicated and the on board power regulator had a hard time keeping up with the demand.  To resolve this, we've upgraded the power regulation from one 50w route to two 60w route (one for each processor). 

This has pushed our production back several weeks and the PCB's are only now finished.  They're off to component assembly in Taiwan next week, then back to us here in Kansas City for firmware set and burn in testing prior to delivery across the 2nd half of this month.  We can't guarantee more than 832 mh/s until we test, so you'll need to either cancel your order or accept the performance reduction.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,
Sonny K
BF Labs Inc.

Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
I LOVE people griping about their merchant fees, hearing about 14% gross fees, when any schmuck can get 1.5%. You really acquit yourself as a savvy businessperson.

It was for processing web-based adult content.  Visa considers it "high risk", thus the high fee.  But yeah, any schmuck can get a standard merchant account at a much lower fee... not so when it comes to processing for pr0n sites though.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Wrd.  I remember for my Visa merchant account I was paying 14% off the top.  It's just ridiculous.

LOL

And oh yeah, I'd rather pay a higher fee to Paypal along with the very real possibility they freeze your accounts for no good reason. WAY better than your own merchant account...

I LOVE people griping about their merchant fees, hearing about 14% gross fees, when any schmuck can get 1.5%. You really acquit yourself as a savvy businessperson.
Oh I will... I'll remember that. My thought is that at $500 (now $600) and a chance of a $25k per rig, they want people to be confident in them. Losing $500 isn't much if 3 people buy 2 singles and one idiot buys a rig box or whatever it is called (the 25k one)

Dude... seriously.  Give it up.  Your rhetoric is getting increasingly tiring.

My ignore list is growing, and this thread is now much, much quieter.   The guys in this thread obviously have nothing better to do, just leave them to it.   

I may have to report your post to the mods for being off-topic. In case you missed it, this thread is entitled, "1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real?   (Part 2)".
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
Pretty sure it was there previously, except that it said "1.05 Ghash +/- 10%" instead of 800 and change.

You sure?
Don't remember it myself.
Decent Programmer to boot!
I'll stop. I'm just speculating way they could be fraud. Whatever. I'll just go back to watching this thread since I seem to have caused trouble.

Sneezing the wrong way...

Apologies.

Lego
Activity: 798
Oh I will... I'll remember that. My thought is that at $500 (now $600) and a chance of a $25k per rig, they want people to be confident in them. Losing $500 isn't much if 3 people buy 2 singles and one idiot buys a rig box or whatever it is called (the 25k one)

My ignore list is growing, and this thread is now much, much quieter.   The guys in this thread obviously have nothing better to do, just leave them to it.   
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

+1000

If you didn't give them YOUR money, why do you care?
legendary
Activity: 1260

Decent Programmer to boot!
Are the people that paid for it while it was still 1.05Gh/s at 20W getting a partial refund? They paid for a product that they won't be getting.

I think they have the option to cancel their order or accept the new lower specs.

I've asked for, and received a full refund.
I believe this serves to sufficiently prove the legitimacy of the project. CanaryInTheMine was one of the first to post in the previous thread, and must have been one of the first orders too, and seeing him get a refund beyond the chargeback window is encouraging.

Don't jump the gun. If they are going to scam, they wouldn't do it this 'early'. If I were in BFL's position (assuming scam) I'd wait until they have shipped to disappear. Not when I get bad numbers
If that were the case, it would be the most epic bitcoin-related scam of the century, and I would have to applaud them for sticking around as long as they have just to gain a few more signups.

I do not at this point see what benefit there might be by sticking around for so long if it were indeed a scam. I don't know of any scammers that have lasted this long, or that have delivered such convincing proof of a product.

If this is a scam, and nothing is shipped, you may quote me in saying that not only will I be out the pre-pay amount ($500 or so), I will also eat my mining rigs piece by piece.

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

If this is a scam, and nothing is shipped, you may quote me in saying that not only will I be out the pre-pay amount ($500 or so), I will also eat my mining rigs piece by piece.

You have sturdier intestinal fortitude than I!  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: