Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 7. (Read 146880 times)

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
I'm looking at http://betsofbitco.in and I don't see where the odds can be adjusted and the user can be locked down.

The rules as you laid them out are acceptable. You'll need to bet 10, my max payout is 20. Hey RandyFolds, would you mind acting as escrow?

He's reasonably trustworthy, right?

Here's a recap:

I'm paying 2 to 1

The Deadline is End of Day  2/24 PST

Inaba can't make the video and they can't use his unit. BFL can't make the video. This will have to be an unboxing video with a shipped unit. There will have to be tracking information.

This is a video about a shipped unit that will come out before the deadline. The video needs to be posted and linked in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1ghs-20w-700-was-500-butterflylabs-is-it-for-real-part-2-53530 before the deadline.

yup very clean bet it looks like. i will trust most members on the forum to hold the coins, randy is 100% okay with me. all i need is a btc address peace:)

edit: just to make sure... the year is 2012 lol:)

Deadline is End of Day February 24th, 2012 PST

(plus or minus 10 percent) speaking of, have you checked back in with Inabas Single lately?

https://eclipsemc.com/mw.php?key=196e69b1afe10927460b22a8de1c0d

I assume you mean plus or minus 10% of the advertised specs? Not the deadline? Smiley

If about the advertised specs, that's cool with me.

about Inaba's unit, looks like fail internets or that its getting way too hot. i'm sure he will let us know whats going on.

Yeah sorry, the +- 10 percent was a lame joke. the date is no joke.

Witnessed.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
I'm looking at http://betsofbitco.in and I don't see where the odds can be adjusted and the user can be locked down.
The rules as you laid them out are acceptable. You'll need to bet 10, my max payout is 20. Hey RandyFolds, would you mind acting as escrow?
Here's a recap:

I'm paying 2 to 1

Inaba can't make the video and they can't use his unit. BFL can't make the video. This will have to be an unboxing video with a shipped unit. There will have to be tracking information.

This is a video about a shipped unit that will come out before the deadline. The video needs to be posted and linked in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1ghs-20w-700-was-500-butterflylabs-is-it-for-real-part-2-53530 before the deadline.

yup very clean bet it looks like. i will trust most members on the forum to hold the coins, randy is 100% okay with me. all i need is a btc address peace:)

edit: just to make sure... the year is 2012 lol:)

Woah Goat, I knew you were a great man, But to make a call on a bet like that? Man, You must Really expect BFL to show (within that bet dateline). Because otherwise i just simply Cannot see anyone calling (what i would say) Is a totally stupid bet,
OTOH.... It is about time for these units to appear, and this bet may just make them do so.
Like damn.... You've got a Really Really low chance of winning unless you know some info that we(I) dont such as "i ordered mine on exactly XYZ, so it'll be at my house on ABC"
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
Yeah sorry, the +- 10 percent was a lame joke. the date is no joke.
Deadline is End of Day February 24th, 2012 PST

(plus or minus 10 percent) speaking of, have you checked back in with Inabas Single lately?

https://eclipsemc.com/mw.php?key=196e69b1afe10927460b22a8de1c0d

Here's a recap:

I'm paying 2 to 1

There was a bet like this before in the other thread (the pro scammer side won). But there was a time limit and other details. The way you have this set up the bet will never end because even if they don't send one out in 20 years you could still say they are just 4 to 6 weeks away...

I'll give it a 7 day time limit, same deal to anyone who wants to take it. If no video surfaces by the end of  2/24 PST I'll pay 2 to 1.
To be fair to anyone who bets with you:
you need to add that it has to be someone already posting here and not you Smiley

The whole point of the bet is to give incentive to someone previously not posting. I'm not trying to make money off this, I'm trying to get someone else (kano?) to pay for the unboxing bounty.

I guarantee it will not be me, but I don't know how that can be believed.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
There was a bet like this before in the other thread (the pro scammer side won). But there was a time limit and other details. The way you have this set up the bet will never end because even if they don't send one out in 20 years you could still say they are just 4 to 6 weeks away...

I'll give it a 7 day time limit, same deal to anyone who wants to take it. If no video surfaces by the end of  2/24 PST I'll pay 2 to 1.
To be fair to anyone who bets with you:
you need to add that it has to be someone already posting here and not you Smiley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
... and all this delaying seems to mean I will be getting a free Icarus also Smiley
below half the hash rate and possibly 1/9 of the power usage ...

Huh?

Its unbelievable that we still have no tracking numbers... Should I be asking in the Russian thread?
legendary
Whoever is convinced its still a scam, put your BTC where your text is. I'm putting down a 3 BTC bounty for a tracking number and unboxing video. If you don't think they will ever ship, match my bounty so that IF we never get an unboxing it won't be from lack of incentive..
Umm - nothing gained from throwing away BTC, if it was a bet with returns, it would make sense.
But a bet where you either get your BTC back or lose it ... why would anyone do that?
(but no I'm not betting either way with my BTC Tongue)

... a bet with no possible positive return, that's like giving someone money for free for more than 3 months ... ... ...

Alright kano, make me a bet. Bet me 10 BTC that its a scam. If you lose, that 10 BTC goes to the first person to prove that it isn't a scam by showing a tracking number followed by a video unboxing/test mine.

I'll pay you 20 BTC if it turns out to be a scam. Or whatever amount you want, if you're more comfortable with less we can do that, but 20 BTC is my limit.

2 to 1 odds are pretty good. Hope you're not a pussy.
LOL Cheesy
I have already said many times that I do expect them to eventually show up Smiley
Why would I make a bet that they will never show up for eternity? (and obviously never be able to win)

I even just posted yesterday that they probably will even show up before I get my Icarus in a few weeks.
Why would I bet against what I have said a few times.

I'm simply not willing to risk giving someone money for something that is still unconfirmed and there have been many questions about their company.
... and all this delaying seems to mean I will be getting a free Icarus also Smiley
below half the hash rate and possibly 1/9 of the power usage ...
Whoever is convinced its still a scam, put your BTC where your text is. I'm putting down a 3 BTC bounty for a tracking number and unboxing video. If you don't think they will ever ship, match my bounty so that IF we never get an unboxing it won't be from lack of incentive..
Umm - nothing gained from throwing away BTC, if it was a bet with returns, it would make sense.
But a bet where you either get your BTC back or lose it ... why would anyone do that?

... a bet with no possible positive return, that's like giving someone money for free for more than 3 months ... ... ...

Alright kano, make me a bet. Bet me 10 BTC that its a scam. If you lose, that 10 BTC goes to the first person to prove that it isn't a scam by showing a tracking number followed by a video unboxing/test mine.

I'll pay you 20 BTC if it turns out to be a scam. Or whatever amount you want, if you're more comfortable with less we can do that, but 20 BTC is my limit.

2 to 1 odds are pretty good. Hope you're not a pussy.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
I will buy anyone's spot in the first batch, if you want to get out now.

I'll pay a $20 premium if you want to give up your first batch order.
legendary

I am not convinced that it isn't a scam, but in the event that it is not, I don't care to reward someone for being the fool that provides a zero-interest loan for nearly five months.
Activity: 392
I thought maybe you guys got them today considering the hash rate increase. Maybe butterfly is giving them a few weeks test run...
rjk
1ngldh
Again, I'm starting a 3 BTC Bounty for a shipping number followed by an unboxing video. Anyone else on board? Quote this thread and add your bounty amount so that we can keep a tally.

Its been 5 days since fred0 was told shipments would start and we haven't seen a single tracking number OR unboxing video.
Videos are a pain in the ass to make and edit. I wouldn't bother making one unless you were offering at least 10 BTC.

get an iphone or android phone and tape it to your face while recording video. Problem solved.

In all seriousness, are you implying that you have a shipped device in your posession?

Ok thread, everyone chip in and lets get this bounty to 10BTC.
No I don't have one, but I was saying if/when I get one.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I will buy anyone's spot in the first batch, if you want to get out now.
legendary
Someone today promised to get me a batch3 Icarus in about 2 or 3 weeks Smiley
I wonder if I'll get it faster than the BFL's arrive Cheesy
(but I don't think so)

Icarus is around something like 350MH/s but still working on debugging the preferred mining program.
(It works fine with a simple python miner)

99% off-topic but certainly amusing for me Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: