Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 8. (Read 146879 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Well I sent an email to BFL on Feb 6th. At this point I didn't think I would actually hear anything. But here is the response I got today.

Hi *****,

We have begun shipping of the product.  However, the lead time on new orders is 4-6 weeks from the date of purchase.  Now that we're underway with production, this could be much faster but it's best to assume 4-6 weeks when making a purchase decision.

Kind regards,
Sonny K
BF Labs Inc.

Boiler plate. I'm afraid we've all seen that.

Yeah. I think that is all we will see after they run to Jamaica with our money Wink

BFL communication is so crappy. Same old 4-6 weeks crap from them. They were saying "4-6 weeks" last year and since then they have not progressed at all Huh
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
Well I sent an email to BFL on Feb 6th. At this point I didn't think I would actually hear anything. But here is the response I got today.

Hi *****,

We have begun shipping of the product.  However, the lead time on new orders is 4-6 weeks from the date of purchase.  Now that we're underway with production, this could be much faster but it's best to assume 4-6 weeks when making a purchase decision.

Kind regards,
Sonny K
BF Labs Inc.

Boiler plate. I'm afraid we've all seen that.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Hi *****,

Kind regards,
Sonny K
BF Labs Inc.
Again, I'm starting a 3 BTC Bounty for a shipping number followed by an unboxing video. Anyone else on board? Quote this thread and add your bounty amount so that we can keep a tally.

Its been 5 days since fred0 was told shipments would start and we haven't seen a single tracking number OR unboxing video.
Videos are a pain in the ass to make and edit. I wouldn't bother making one unless you were offering at least 10 BTC.

get an iphone or android phone and tape it to your face while recording video. Problem solved.

In all seriousness, are you implying that you have a shipped device in your posession?

Ok thread, everyone chip in and lets get this bounty to 10BTC.
Activity: 295
Again, I'm starting a 3 BTC Bounty for a shipping number followed by an unboxing video. Anyone else on board? Quote this thread and add your bounty amount so that we can keep a tally.

Its been 5 days since fred0 was told shipments would start and we haven't seen a single tracking number OR unboxing video.
Videos are a pain in the ass to make and edit. I wouldn't bother making one unless you were offering at least 10 BTC.

I will give you 10 BTC if you make an unboxing video and then give me your single  Smiley
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
I've already ordered once and asked Sonny to refund the payment, there were a few reasons I needed the money back, he did it instantly. I used PayPal so I feel a little more comfortable with the purchase. I doubt this is a long con as they seem to have gone through a lot of trouble to prove themselves.

Starting up a Business for the first time is tricky, I did it with a Web Service and made a few mistakes on the way.

They gave a tour of their office, met with posters on this forum, they have exposed themselves and seem to be pretty open. That seems to be a lot of work/risk to make a few thousand bucks.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I placed an order for 2 units the other day, haven't heard from Sonny at all. Sent him an email to confirm they received the payment and have not heard back. Have you stayed in communication this week Inuba? Bit nervous I haven't heard from them at all, last time I ordered one I got an email within a few hours confirming.(i canceled the order until a unit was in the hands of someone on this forum.)

I would give Sonny a couple days to get back.  I'm sure they are working hard to deliver units right now.

I received this e-mail response last night regarding future orders (so it should apply to your order for 2 units):

It's best to assume 4-6 weeks from the date of purchase.  It's possible delivery will come earlier as we're already into the production cycle at this point but 4-6 weeks is a safe measure.

Good luck to those that ordered. Hope you can afford to lose it all.

Report on forums if they ship you one unit but I doubt it at this point in time.

Just like you doubted they would produce any working product... so we know what your doubts are worth, at least.
Activity: 518
I placed an order for 2 units the other day, haven't heard from Sonny at all. Sent him an email to confirm they received the payment and have not heard back. Have you stayed in communication this week Inuba? Bit nervous I haven't heard from them at all, last time I ordered one I got an email within a few hours confirming.(i canceled the order until a unit was in the hands of someone on this forum.)

I would give Sonny a couple days to get back.  I'm sure they are working hard to deliver units right now.

I received this e-mail response last night regarding future orders (so it should apply to your order for 2 units):

It's best to assume 4-6 weeks from the date of purchase.  It's possible delivery will come earlier as we're already into the production cycle at this point but 4-6 weeks is a safe measure.

Good luck to those that ordered. Hope you can afford to lose it all.

Report on forums if they ship you one unit but I doubt it at this point in time.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Icarus is for sale, he is on batch 3... i don't know if I am helping or even if this is what you are talking about...

i have a bounty for the first person to get a BFL single and that has not been claimed yet.

also ill pay 5 BTC to anyone who full helps me understand why this things gets 500% eff when my 7970 only gets 99%...

ill pay much much much more to get my 7970 at 500%
Run cgminer on EMC (with -g 1 and probably -I 11) - how much more will you now pay me over the 5 BTC I'm obviously not gonna get Tongue
Edit: Oh yeah you need SDK 2.6 and -k poclbm (but I think the latest version works out it's a 7970 and uses poclbm anyway when you have SDK 2.6)

As stated already but I will repeat - Efficiency makes no difference to how much BTC you get.
It is just the number shares you return vs the number of getworks you do.
It still takes the same amount of time to generate each share.
It's good for the pool if you only ask for a getwork on average every 5 shares rather than every 1 share.
It may be good for you also if your miner is ever waiting for work to do (i.e. is running below it's normal hash rate) but that should be rare if ever.

Why would you not get the 5 BTC? It has been sent to the address in your sig. I will work on getting the this up to 500% but i'm still not sure I will be able to on a 7970 now that I understand this a bit more.

Thanks.

Thanks for the 5 BTC! (Yes I got it)
I was just goading you into paying me Smiley
But no I was joking about paying anything for the setup info coz you don't gain anything from it so there's no reason to pay anyone to tell you about it.
Higher efficiency does give you less work requests, but the only extra BTC you could gain out of that would be idle GPU time due to emptying your work queue.
If your miner doesn't handle the work queue well enough to avoid that - change to cgminer now!

Edit: there's about to be a new SDK apparently out soon ... hmm I wonder if they fixed the crap 2.6 is for the cards before the new 79xx series
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Here is what i got from ButterFly Labs this morning:

Hi XXXXX, your production is scheduled for late february giving you delivery within your 4-6 week delivery time.

Activity: 350
Of course bitcoin is going to live or die based on its own merits, but when a new person becomes interested and the first place they're confronted with is this forum filled with sociopaths it's obviously not going to create a fantastic first impression is it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is screwed if this place isn't put under some stricter guidelines.

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency, if it "fails" because of trolls on a forum then it wasn't worth saving to begin with.

x1000
Activity: 266
The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

Says the guy with 58 posts (about half of which were battle of "wits" with trolls).

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency, if it "fails" because of trolls on a forum then it wasn't worth saving to begin with.

+1

why are we still on this thread???
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Says the guy with 58 posts (about half of which were battle of "wits" with trolls).

Activity: 350
I disagree with nearly every point.  Not sure it's worth going over point by point though.  

Believe what you want, I'd say I'm basking in the warmth of a functioning unit making a couple bucks a day, but it's not really that warm.

I'm with you.  There must be a mild form of retardation sweeping this forum Wink

Just on that, this place is an absolutely terrible advocate for Bitcoin.   The idiot ratio is off the charts.  There needs some serious changes to moderation here if we ever want the general public to get serious about this currency.   Its absolutely shocking that this place is likely one of the first places new people are exposed to when investigating Bitcoin Sad

B
Hold the phone, what's wrong with the points that Kano raised? I don't believe that BFL is completely absolved from any unethical behavior because the end justifies the means... and rolo, straw men don't exempt you from the merits of Kano's points.

I didn't even read Kanos post, he's just out to cause trouble in this thread, I have no time for him.

I'm with Inaba with regards to "who cares what the trolls think".   He has a unit he's happy with, I'm certain mine will arrive shortly, that's all that matters.

Trolls will be trolls, that's never going to change.

I stick by the rest of my post regarding the dire state this forum is in.  Bitcoin is screwed if this place isn't put under some stricter guidelines.
I disagree with nearly every point.  Not sure it's worth going over point by point though.  

Believe what you want, I'd say I'm basking in the warmth of a functioning unit making a couple bucks a day, but it's not really that warm.

I'm with you.  There must be a mild form of retardation sweeping this forum Wink

Just on that, this place is an absolutely terrible advocate for Bitcoin.   The idiot ratio is off the charts.  There needs some serious changes to moderation here if we ever want the general public to get serious about this currency.   Its absolutely shocking that this place is likely one of the first places new people are exposed to when investigating Bitcoin Sad

B
Hold the phone, what's wrong with the points that Kano raised? I don't believe that BFL is completely absolved from any unethical behavior because the end justifies the means... and rolo, straw men don't exempt you from the merits of Kano's points.
Pages:
Jump to: