Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 1878. (Read 878582 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299
August 16, 2020, 01:28:00 AM
Spurs have been great for a very long time but they are actually quite unlucky to miss out this season because they have a very good young core players that could prosper under the coaching staff and become very good playoff players soon as well. I am not saying they will be right away, but if they could handle few more seasons of barely making it, I am pretty sure that team has a chance to turn into a team that could make it to playoffs every year without missing it once again.

The problem with Spurs right now is that they are too young or too old, players like murray, white, lonnie are all great young talents but they are too young, players like derozan (sort of) lamarcus and patty are great players but they are too old, they need to find newer players for older players spots and they need younger players to gain experience and develop.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 16, 2020, 12:18:56 AM

So this is it, Portland Trail Blazers now clinched the last playoffs spot on the Western Conference.
Which team will be you in on Wednesday?

The match for Portland vs. Lakers.

The majority will be with Lakers on that time but somehow, there's this connotation to me about going for Blazers since it's just the game 1. What you think guys?

Very possible. It's tough to say that Lakers will intentionally give the first game to Lakers but who knows right.
If there's something behind like mafias from gambling industries, we can't tell or with this new found blends
from Trent Jr,  CJ, Lilard, Melo and Nurkic. I love the way they've played against Memphis, Lets see if they'll
bring the same rhythm against the dominating Lakers.
I'm not really thinking about the mafias but it's all about how they'll perform for their very first game.

So, who's you're bet for this match? Blazers?
legendary
Merit: 1028
August 16, 2020, 12:07:05 AM

So this is it, Portland Trail Blazers now clinched the last playoffs spot on the Western Conference.

The majority will be with Lakers on that time but somehow, there's this connotation to me about going for Blazers since it's just the game 1. What you think guys?

Very possible. It's tough to say that Lakers will intentionally give the first game to Lakers but who knows right.
If there's something behind like mafias from gambling industries, we can't tell or with this new found blends
from Trent Jr,  CJ, Lilard, Melo and Nurkic. I love the way they've played against Memphis, Lets see if they'll
bring the same rhythm against the dominating Lakers.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 81
August 15, 2020, 10:28:05 PM
Damian Lillard is named the new MVP with the most votes unanimously. The superstar led all games in the bubble with an average of 37.6 points per game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29668104/trail-blazers-damian-lillard-wins-bubble-mvp-suns-monty-williams-named-top-coach%3fplatform=amp

An anecdote when he was younger.

"Don Lippi, how the team coach was known, was extremely demanding and strict with Lillard since his arrival.

He even told him that his chances of reaching the NBA were very low.

His height did not help much, he was barely 1.67 m, and that he was more on the bench.

https://twitter.com/alfredogr_98/status/1294748175832502272?s=19

When perception breaks all obstacles...
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 15, 2020, 09:20:31 PM

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 15, 2020, 07:52:26 PM
On the other hand, a great job by the Future Rookie of The Year. Memphis can come back stronger next season. Not a bad run for a team that doesn't have a considered superstar level player.

Ja Morant did his best even with a thumb injury. After the game Damian Lilliard also called him a "star" and I agree with you that they will really get back stronger next season. Anyway, I read that someone should really award Dame about his performance in the restart of the league and he's been named as the Players of the Seedings Game, he really deserves that.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/memphis-grizzlies
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
August 15, 2020, 07:22:57 PM

Hell of a stats. They are really playing aggressively snatch the last spot.

Lillard: 31 (with 10 assists)
McCollum: 29
Anthony: 21
Nurkic: 22 (with 21 boards)

Their run is really exhausting. In their last few games, all were closed games. A few days rest and they will now face the Los Angeles Lakers.

On the other hand, a great job by the Future Rookie of The Year. Memphis can come back stronger next season. Not a bad run for a team that doesn't have a considered superstar level player.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
August 15, 2020, 04:35:02 PM
Here's the scores of Lillard in the last 5 games.
Damn!! That 61% FG% is insane for his total points  Shocked, not to mention his position though. It must be very tough to achieve, however, he made it looked so easy. Grizzlies is really in trouble disaster with this guy, and it seems no one from that team could tightly defend Lilliard  Undecided.  Anyway, so he's basically averaging 55% on his FG% and avg 44.2 on pts on his five recent game? (He deserved some recognition). Looks like, their play-in match up is already been decided.

In the game today between the Grizzlies, Lillard already made over 30 points, I think he can end up with over 40 points in this game but I don't know if they can win as Grizzlies is ahead at the moment. Good luck Grizzlies backers, looks like it's your night.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
August 15, 2020, 12:47:34 PM
Damn!! That 61% FG% is insane for his total points  Shocked, not to mention his position though. It must be very tough to achieve, however, he made it looked so easy. Grizzlies is really in trouble disaster with this guy, and it seems no one from that team could tightly defend Lilliard  Undecided.  Anyway, so he's basically averaging 55% on his FG% and avg 44.2 on pts on his five recent game? (He deserved some recognition). Looks like, their play-in match up is already been decided.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
August 15, 2020, 11:59:23 AM
Sad that Spurs playoffs streak now broken. It was expected. It's a good run.

Spurs should trade DeRozan. He is not fit for the team. Already 2 seasons with the team but still can't blend properly with his teammates. He is acting a main man that's why. When he is off-night, he should make Aldridge as the main man.

Spurs is playing well even without Kawhi so DeRozan is the problem.

Coach Pop needs to take a rest too. Smiley

First, thank you, that is a good way to remember people especially Kobe.
But please....
Don't forget about JJ Redick.  Grin
This is his first miss of the playoffs since he was a rookie.

Damn! That was some achievement. Is he lucky or what? Like a Robert Horry charm.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
August 15, 2020, 08:12:03 AM

Spurs should trade DeRozan. He is not fit for the team. Already 2 seasons with the team but still can't blend properly with his teammates. He is acting a main man that's why. When he is off-night, he should make Aldridge as the main man.

I don't remember that much but this is just sad. They did well, and I agree that he needs to rest. It's been a while and since their loss, that is when I feel that it is really changing. I don't know, I feel down not about this. Another history going down, and another emerging from Houston Rockets.

The game is changing and old guard like Coach Pop will have to adjust as well.

But we have to understand that time is catching up and if he retires I think San Antonio will have to overhaul their system itself. Maybe have some trade and reorganised themselves. Of course who wouldn't be sad to not see them in the playoffs. But this could be a learning experience for them and make their mind in the summer on what to do next.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
August 15, 2020, 07:52:03 AM
There's no betting odds yet but I believe Blazers will be the favorites to win.
The Blazers has experienced players compared to the Grizzlies that composed with young fellas and not that much of experienced in the playoffs. Dame is on the zone when playoffs is approaching, literally on fire.

Trail blazers waving to Lakers.

We will find out later tonight, Blazers is currently -6 against the Grizzlies, so that says already that they have a very high chance of winning and ending the Grizzlies season. Damian Lillard cannot be stop, I expect him to still dropped at least 50 points in this game, they'll make sure there will be no more game so they can rest.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6606/damian-lillard

Memphis is not Clippers, so I think you are right, 50 is possible as his high was 61 points.

I can already expect a raining 3s from him, his confidence is really high and especially now that it's not a do or die for them.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
August 15, 2020, 07:24:00 AM
There's no betting odds yet but I believe Blazers will be the favorites to win.
The Blazers has experienced players compared to the Grizzlies that composed with young fellas and not that much of experienced in the playoffs. Dame is on the zone when playoffs is approaching, literally on fire.

Trail blazers waving to Lakers.

We will find out later tonight, Blazers is currently -6 against the Grizzlies, so that says already that they have a very high chance of winning and ending the Grizzlies season. Damian Lillard cannot be stop, I expect him to still dropped at least 50 points in this game, they'll make sure there will be no more game so they can rest.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 15, 2020, 06:55:09 AM

I don't remember that much but this is just sad. They did well, and I agree that he needs to rest. It's been a while and since their loss, that is when I feel that it is really changing. I don't know, I feel down not about this. Another history going down, and another emerging from Houston Rockets.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
August 14, 2020, 09:40:40 PM

Spurs should trade DeRozan.

That's probably be the best solution, DeRozan is very inconsistent, does not even have a decent percentage of shooting from the outside.
Maybe this is one of the mistake of the Spurs when they acquire this for Leonard, they could have get something that is at par with Leonard.

If Spurs will decide to trade him, who would they get for him? A star or a bunch of players?

He went out of the Raptors and the team win the first ever ring and they are still making a good run, Spurs should think bout
this DeRozan is not fit with the system, he's not the leader that this team needs.

Maybe trading him with another star who are more consistent.

No disrespect to DeRozan fans here, but it seems he was really exposed as a B-level player. He was touted to be the next great player and he did his share when we has in Toronto but always felt short.

And then the trade, but still he can't elevated his game and I agree that he is inconsistent. One solution for Spurs is to trade him because there seems to be a chemistry problem. I doubt that coach Pop will retire after this though.
legendary
Merit: 1028
August 14, 2020, 08:19:44 PM

That's probably be the best solution, DeRozan is very inconsistent, does not even have a decent percentage of shooting from the outside.
Maybe this is one of the mistake of the Spurs when they acquire this for Leonard, they could have get something that is at par with Leonard.

If Spurs will decide to trade him, who would they get for him? A star or a bunch of players?

He went out of the Raptors and the team win the first ever ring and they are still making a good run, Spurs should think bout
this DeRozan is not fit with the system, he's not the leader that this team needs.

Maybe trading him with another star who are more consistent.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
August 14, 2020, 06:35:17 PM

That's up to Pop now.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 14, 2020, 06:24:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
August 14, 2020, 05:30:24 PM

The game between Nets and Portland is intense!

I was amazed by the Nets throughout the game playing much better without their key players. Their shooting is unbelievable and Blazers able to keep it up. I thought Nets will win that game as they just maintaining their lead but the "Dame Time" activated during the last quarter and Nets able to make the game close.

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612
August 14, 2020, 05:14:18 PM
Portland is in a better mood right now, they always had a chance but they also played insanely well during this period, I don't know how long CJ will be out but if they can handle themselves until he comes back, we are talking about the new style Melo and the MVP level player Dame with the second best player on the team coming back, they are definitely going to be a big threat to any team they face.

CJ did not rest despite of the injury, he understand that the spot in the playoffs is very important so he keeps playing.

Blazers' C.J. McCollum has played last three games with fracture in lower back, per report

Also played against the Nets, even played 43 minutes.

Grizzlies on the other hand have been horrible in the bubble, the only reason why they went to play in is the fact that they were far ahead of everyone else before the bubble, after the bubble they even lost their 8th seed with all that lead. I think Blazers will win the first game and send Grizz back home without delaying it too much. Lakers vs Blazers will be a good matchup as well.

That's what the public is thinking, Blazers are hot, Grizz are tanking and they need to beat the Blazers twice to advance.
Jump to: