Pages:
Author

Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?) - page 16. (Read 46371 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
See, the problem is you can't have a rational discussion with inherently irrational people.  Bryan Micon has shown himself to be irrational, illogical and just a plain liar and scammer.  He's done it in his past, he's doing it now.  There is no point in trying to hold an adult conversation with a child like Bryan Micon.  Just watch his video and you can see how his brain does not quite function properly. He babbles on about e-cigarettes, spews anti-semetic jokes and what you don't see on the video is his crazed reactions to the people around him.  

The bottom line is, I've tried to point out the flaws in his arguments, but he is so blinded by his hurt feelings that he's unable to understand that most people view him as a dolt and that no one but seemingly equally deluded people take him seriously.  If you choose not to believe my words, use your brain and look at his arguments:

He first claimed that BFL took in 25 million in pre-orders.  This was a number he was sure of.  Now he's claiming 10 million.  In either case, he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, yet he makes these claims like he does.

He claims that BFL is a scam and will run off with everyones money.  There is no evidence to back this up and there is, in fact, mountains of evidence to the contrary.  He has made this claim repeatedly, but now, with more and more evidence piling up against Bryan he starts to waffle and then says "Oh well, they won't ship before X date."  When pressed on the issue, he refuses any bet that supports his statements and instead puts hedging and caveats in any bet so that he has a chance of winning if BFL is delayed.  If he actually believed BFL was a scam, as he claims, then there would be no need to put caveats and hedging in his bets.  This in and of itself should be a giant red flag that Bryan is unbalanced and unable to grasp reality.

His claims that I am an internet bully are laughable.  What the hell is an internet bully?  How exactly do I bully someone over the internet?  This is a deranged individuals reaction to someone pointing out what an idiot he is.  As for a bully in real life,  I wasn't aware I assaulted Bryan and if I did, why did he not call the police?  Another lie perpetrated by Bryan.

He claims there is some sort of conspiracy not only on Bitcointalk, but on Reddit (and elsewhere?) against him.  This is the very definition of an unbalanced individual... the claim that there is somehow a cabal of individuals all over the world out to get some insignificant, irrelevant little internet troll that nobody cares about.  It is laughable that the Bitcointalk staff would do anything for me or for BFL that's "special" because we are BFL.  We don't pay them, we don't have a deal with them, we don't have any special arrangements of any sort and any time I have approached Theymos et al with regards to some unusual actions, I've been turned down quite handily.  The claim that we somehow manipulate Reddit is even more ludicrous.  Yes indeed, the conspiracy against Bryan Micon surely runs deep!  Not...

So no, there is no point in trying to rationally discuss anything with Bryan.  He's incapable of it at this point - he is sad and scared that I told him in front of a bunch of people that he's basically an idiot.  He's angry over it and he's lashing out like a little child, so blinded by his embarrassment and rage that he can't understand why no one takes him seriously and why I laugh at him when he throws his little internet tantrum.  After seeing the homophobic, neo-nazi, white trash personality that Bryan Micon has exhibited on numerous occasions, it's impossible to take him seriously.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
From what I hear their about to test 40 chips. So my question is this. What was ready to ship in November to Dec?
Activity: 104
Merit: 11
Translation:  I am butthurt because the big, bad, mean Josh scared me so I'm going to lash out.  I don't understand why people think I'm an idiot!  It must be a conspiracy!

Somebody call the waaaambulance.

Thanks for basically confirming exactly what Micon just said about your lack character and motives. You just painted your hands red.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
I assume you are talking about Gmaxwell
It wasn't enough for him to lock the thread. He went beyond and changed the title to justify a blatant scam!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wow-becoin-failed-to-read-and-comprehend-bfls-policy-on-btc-refunds-137026

I assume you are talking about the "Troll Museum"

yes, the writing was on the wall when they decided to manipulate that thread so it appears there are 100k+ views on their announcements with no negative uproar.  Very, very embarrassing decision by the forum management.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
I assume you are talking about Gmaxwell
It wasn't enough for him to lock the thread. He went beyond and changed the title to justify a blatant scam!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wow-becoin-failed-to-read-and-comprehend-bfls-policy-on-btc-refunds-137026
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
I watch the culture of BFL-influenced mods censoring anti-BFL postings
I was very surprised to experience this myself. One of the mods is really a disgrace for this forum!

I assume you are talking about Gmaxwell, he was the one that msg'd me asking me not to post negative BFL information in the Hardware --> Custom forums.  It is pretty clear they did a good job over the months sanitizing those BFL threads so it was always a "go BFL!" attitude. 

Quite a shame.  The main bitcoin forum should vigilantly fight censorship of issues like BFL where millions of btc community monies are tied up.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot

Question.  Reading through this thread, I didn't at any point read a post from Micon saying that BFL is an outright scam.  Did I miss this as well?  It seems to me that the bets he is taking are more of a calling-them-on-bullshit-timeframe kind of thing, with a strong hint of looks-like-they-tried-and-probably-failed, which to me seems entirely legitimate considering the fact that BFL has collected what seems to be millions of dollars in pre-orders, while producing nothing more than excuse after excuse.  How is Micon a scammer? How is he a liar?

Dude, Micon has his own dedicated thread to the fact that he considers BFL a scam.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bryan-micons-butterfly-labs-scammer-investigation-including-josh-zerlan-136392

1)  It is intentionally named "Scammer Investigation Thread" and I've made it pretty clear I believe BFL to be a scam and bet almost 100 coins on that.

2)  I have never said "BFL is a scam, and here is concrete proof that I have"  - I have only said that I think they are a scammer, have listed many data points as to why I feel that way, and the summation of which is left to each individual human to decide for themselves.  For me, there is is enough info to make me want to bet they will keep missing shipping dates.  Betting "That they won't ship by the end of 2013" is ridiculous for many reasons, first and foremost because the market currently dictates a ~ 1 month wager at even money.  Secondly you could take the millions in pre-order money, if BFL hasn't squandered it, and start R&D today on 2/21 and have a working ASIC in 10 months if you kidnap Yifu or the ASICminer guys.

I will bet 10 coins that this statement is false:

"Butterfly Labs will deliver at least 3 working ASIC devices to customers by 3/20/2013, confirmed via pictures that are mining at an efficiency greater than 350 Mhash/Joule"

If anyone is a serious believer in BFL & their ability to deliver 3+ units 1 month from now and wants to bet on it, I will bet the other side.

We can use C's escrow tool, idk if we even need C anymore - just a trusted escrow

I'll take that bet Micon. Get it set up and let me know.

If you're up for it we can take that bet 5 times (50 BTC total)

Either way, good luck to you!

Cool, let's choose an escrow.  Do you have C's "btc-address" tool?    I feel a little bit bad bugging Cassius for more envib and enviA codes, but i'm going to do it anyway.  If there is a relatively neutral, trusted person reading this who is also familiar with C's btc-address escrow functionality holler at me.  For now, another PM to Mike.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
I watch the culture of BFL-influenced mods censoring anti-BFL postings
I was very surprised to experience this myself. One of the mods is really a disgrace for this forum!
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
u guys are crazy lol
I agree. It's probably a combination of crazy and stuck in the past. For instance, look at my BTC25 bet. That doesn't seem like a lot for some reason, but every once in awhile I realize that BTC is worth USD$30 and "Holy shit, I just bet $750". I normally cash out on a VLT after I win $5. Tongue

What BTC isn't really monopoly money?  Oh the wife is gonna be mad.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
u guys are crazy lol
I agree. It's probably a combination of crazy and stuck in the past. For instance, look at my BTC25 bet. That doesn't seem like a lot for some reason, but every once in awhile I realize that BTC is worth USD$30 and "Holy shit, I just bet $750". I normally cash out on a VLT after I win $5. Tongue
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Question.  Reading through this thread, I didn't at any point read a post from Micon saying that BFL is an outright scam.  Did I miss this as well?  It seems to me that the bets he is taking are more of a calling-them-on-bullshit-timeframe kind of thing, with a strong hint of looks-like-they-tried-and-probably-failed, which to me seems entirely legitimate considering the fact that BFL has collected what seems to be millions of dollars in pre-orders, while producing nothing more than excuse after excuse.  How is Micon a scammer? How is he a liar?

Dude, Micon has his own dedicated thread to the fact that he considers BFL a scam.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bryan-micons-butterfly-labs-scammer-investigation-including-josh-zerlan-136392

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coinlancer.io ICO | Oct 14th
u guys are crazy lol
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

"Butterfly Labs will deliver at least 3 working ASIC devices to customers by 3/20/2013, confirmed via pictures that are mining at an efficiency greater than 350 Mhash/Joule"

If anyone is a serious believer in BFL & their ability to deliver 3+ units 1 month from now and wants to bet on it, I will bet the other side.

We can use C's escrow tool, idk if we even need C anymore - just a trusted escrow

I'll take that bet Micon. Get it set up and let me know.

If you're up for it we can take that bet 5 times (50 BTC total)

Either way, good luck to you!

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Josh calls pretty much everyone he disagrees with an idiot, a liar, and usually something along the lines of failure/trailer trash...etc. It's very formulaic and predictable and likely says more about his own inner demons than the person he's attacking at any particular time. This has been his "policy" for longer than the Micon/Zerlan debate has been raging. It's very much akin to political mud slinging. If you cannot offer anything of substance to refute a claim you attempt to lower the credibility of your challenger(s).
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
4)  Josh Zerlan has backed down from a 20 coin bet that is within his posted timeline.  This should scare most of you with pre-orders: that the man posting the timeline won't bet 20 coins on the timeline he posted.  Oh yeah, and the 2nd independent ASIC maker started mining.   Meaning even if BFL did ship on the fairytale timeline that Zerlan is telling, they would come to market 3rd.  and remember Josh won't bet on it.  
It doesn't scare me.  Josh isn't taking your bet on principle. You've been calling BFL a scam all this time, that they were just going to take everyone's money and never deliver anything.  And now, it appears you're changing your mind, and you believe BFL WILL deliver something, just that it might be delayed further.  Josh wants you to admit that you were wrong about BFL being a scam and that you now only want to bet on how soon they will deliver.

So, you're trying to call Josh out on the ship date.  Josh is trying to call you out on BFL not being a scam.  And neither side is willing to give.  You both have valid points that the other side isn't willing to take the bet, because, theoretically, either bet would match the beliefs of both of you.  But both of you want the other side to admit that they were wrong about their initial beliefs.

I respectfully disagree.

1)  based on Josh's own posted timeline, he should easily win the bet I offered.  

2)  based on JoshZerlan.com, if Josh Zerlan believed his own timeline he would likely jump at the chance to win 20 of my coins.  Ask yourself that one - why wouldn't he just take my monies?
To counter:

1) Based on your own accusations of BFL being a scam who will never ship, you should easily win the bet he offered.

2) If you believe your own statements that BFL is a scam, you would likely jump at the chance to win 2000 coins.  Why wouldn't you just take his monies?

Like I said, it goes both ways...

Thank you SgtSpike.  You have summed up the entire problem with Bryan Micon's lying and scammy behavior in a simple post.  Of course he's back peddling and changing his tune now that it's painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that BFL is no scam.  He's trying to astroturf his earlier stupidity by covering up the fact that he's claimed BFL is a scam and that we are going to run off with everyones money.  Bryan Micon is a liar and a scammer, end of story.  If he really believed what he was saying, as you say, he would jump at the chance to win nearly $60,000 US from me, since I am willing and able to escrow 2000 BTC.  Hell, I'm even willing to do 100 BTC but he won't take that bet, either, because he knows it's a losing bet and everything he's said is a lie.

I'm not as eloquent as most of you here, but I must respond...

I just read through the entire post, and I am thoroughly entertained, as well as disgusted.  Capslock's post says it very well, and maybe I'm missing something here, but how exactly is it "painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that BFL is no scam"?  I would really like a direct answer to this.  I have not seen one shred of evidence, much less proof, that BFL's promise of ASIC's is not a scam and/or a failed project, and furthermore, the atrocious and childish behavior of the COO of BFL doesn't exactly help instill confidence in the legitimacy of the company at this point in time.  One can easily defend themself and company without name calling, cussing, etc.  

Please feel free to correct me on any of this as I'm sure I do not have all the facts.

Jay-Z; nut up, apologize to your customers, and tell them BFL fucked up rather than slinging insults, quarters and exuses at the non-believers... or, produce.  It seems an apology for the painfully long wait is already in order.  If BFL isnt a scam and/or failed project, you owe it to your customers, and their massive amount of lost currency by way of BTC price hikes, lost mining time, etc. to prove that you are legitimate.

B-Mics; I don't have much to scold you for, it seems you have kept a relatively cool head in spite of all the shit that has been thrown your way, but things like joshzerlan.com are unnecessary, and beneath you.  It seems a bit of a cheap shot, with high potential for further escalation.  If Josh and BFL are scamming the community, it will eventually become apparent, and hopefully these people will go to jail, and/or be sued for everything.

ok, phew, just had to get it out, and now, happy betting you jive mothas!

legendary
FPV Drone Pilot

Pages:
Jump to: