Pages:
Author

Topic: [500 GH/s]HHTT -Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 11. (Read 56478 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
FD,

Any chance to add the following:

1.  Current shares for the pool in current round
2.  Luck meter for each round (going back perhaps 40-50 blocks)
3.  Individual stats that show shares per block

Just a few things I enjoy seeing on other pools that are more block based like DGM or PPLNS (i.e., not PPS).

Thanks for the consideration!

Yeah, I think I can swing that.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Looks like more because this user has been inactive for a week already.

http://hhtt.1209k.com/user-details.php?user=1GQAFP1yGcQfa94MvjD8bwqS6XPkCWnKiy

These Avalons seem to be more of a curse than a blessing. The difficulty rating was too slow to react to the huge hashrate increases.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Not when the pool is only 40 Gh/s.

The N is 2x diff (or nearly 18M shares).  It will be a week or more until they phase out
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Most of the credits are being eaten up by avalon miners with little/no shares submitted during the last several days.

Shouldn't the entire credit be gone after one day ?
legendary
My good luck continues for HHTT -- found this one just in time (right before diff change)...

Best Diff = 7988061  Grin

Activity: 536
Merit: 500
look's like more and more difficulty to mine.
legendary
FD,

Any chance to add the following:

1.  Current shares for the pool in current round
2.  Luck meter for each round (going back perhaps 40-50 blocks)
3.  Individual stats that show shares per block

Just a few things I enjoy seeing on other pools that are more block based like DGM or PPLNS (i.e., not PPS).

Thanks for the consideration!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Hi guys, I'm not playing in this pool at the moment (not related to the recent payout issues, I'm just trying a different tech) but for those who are using my Android app, I have applied some of the updates I mentioned before. Now it should be less network heavy and look a little nicer. I'm wanting to do a similar app for the new pool so I'll try and see about back-porting any changes to this one (who knows, I may be back sometime in any case).

Download is here:

http://perihelion.nfshost.com/hhttwatcher.apk

with PPLNS, pool operator (fireduck) has no risk of losing money (unless he does something extremely wrong).
PPS needs a high fee (3%-4%+) to cover the variance / risk.

Sure, but he still has to pay for hosting and time he puts into his pool at least.

spiccioli

Yep.  And those numbers are correct.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore

with PPLNS, pool operator (fireduck) has no risk of losing money (unless he does something extremely wrong).

Sure, but he still has to pay for hosting and time he puts into his pool at least.

spiccioli
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
fireduck,

is it correct that all fees, as shown on your site, for difficulty above 16 are less than one per cent?

spiccioli
bitminter offer 0% (will be raised to 1%) PPLNS & all fee is distributed to miner.

legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
fireduck,

is it correct that all fees, as shown on your site, for difficulty above 16 are less than one per cent?

spiccioli
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Anyways, the PPLNS software seems to be working smoothly now.  I hope people come back but if they don't I will have my 6 BFL singles (maybe one day) and a friend of mine is obligated to run his avalons on my pool (once he has them) as part of a deal.  So that is Around 500 GH/s right there.

Epic. Smiley
Why are some people showing with a huge negative balance?  e.g. 18Udhe at -21 owed and 115NY at -13?  Was it another case of updating bitcoind, or..?

fireduck says it is a bad implementation bug ... sadly those avalon miners in China wont pay back Sad

Yeah, in a few weeks once all the PPS shares are more historical I'm going to do some simplifications of the accounting software.

Anyways, the PPLNS software seems to be working smoothly now.  I hope people come back but if they don't I will have my 6 BFL singles (maybe one day) and a friend of mine is obligated to run his avalons on my pool (once he has them) as part of a deal.  So that is Around 500 GH/s right there.
Why are some people showing with a huge negative balance?  e.g. 18Udhe at -21 owed and 115NY at -13?  Was it another case of updating bitcoind, or..?

fireduck says it is a bad implementation bug ... sadly those avalon miners in China wont pay back Sad
This sucks for me because I have a bunch of risk and am not really making any money for my efforts and significant hosting costs.  It sucks for miners because they are not getting paid consistently.

I think most pool operators running PPS haven't really looked at the math. It only makes sense to run a payment model that is sustainable forever regardless of variance.

So I am thinking of switching to PPSLN, which has no risk for me but adds some variance to miners.  Anyone with thoughts on that?

I'm new to mining, have one 7950 I bought, and don't even use your pool. So my feedback isn't worth a lot. But look at this:

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Capped_PPS_with_Recent_Backpay

When I was searching for pool software I came across them (as a result of eloipool), and this is their latest payment model. I really like it. Feels as close to PPS as you can get with zero risk to you, and recent miners have priority treatment. Everyone, eventually, gets paid for all that is owed once the pool get more blocks than expected instead of less.

I would have the payments for a block be build into the coinbase for the block so everyone gets paid as soon as that block matures and the accounting gets much simpler.

Eligius does this too, and I think it's super elegant. (Edit: One other tip from their experience, make your policy that shares are based as a share of the next payoff based on the reward at that time. So if the reward drops, you aren't paying out of pocket a share of a previous higher reward that was never realized. Your % of the total work is set at the time you earn the share, but your actual amount of BTC payment is based on the block reward at the time a block is found.)

It will delay your payment for a long time if bad luck happens. RSMPPS (itzod) & CPPSRB (eligius) is actually the same type. it wont get much attention.
This sucks for me because I have a bunch of risk and am not really making any money for my efforts and significant hosting costs.  It sucks for miners because they are not getting paid consistently.

I think most pool operators running PPS haven't really looked at the math. It only makes sense to run a payment model that is sustainable forever regardless of variance.

So I am thinking of switching to PPSLN, which has no risk for me but adds some variance to miners.  Anyone with thoughts on that?

I'm new to mining, have one 7950 I bought, and don't even use your pool. So my feedback isn't worth a lot. But look at this:

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Capped_PPS_with_Recent_Backpay

When I was searching for pool software I came across them (as a result of eloipool), and this is their latest payment model. I really like it. Feels as close to PPS as you can get with zero risk to you, and recent miners have priority treatment. Everyone, eventually, gets paid for all that is owed once the pool get more blocks than expected instead of less.

I would have the payments for a block be build into the coinbase for the block so everyone gets paid as soon as that block matures and the accounting gets much simpler.

Eligius does this too, and I think it's super elegant. (Edit: One other tip from their experience, make your policy that shares are based as a share of the next payoff based on the reward at that time. So if the reward drops, you aren't paying out of pocket a share of a previous higher reward that was never realized. Your % of the total work is set at the time you earn the share, but your actual amount of BTC payment is based on the block reward at the time a block is found.)
So I've spent all evening reading up on Amazon's various services and thinking about how cool it'd be to set up a pool using all of the various tools they provide. And then I found your thread here by accident, and I see you did exactly that. Too cool. Smiley
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
In the process of updating things for PPLNS [...]

Should I update your entry on the mining pools list?

Yes, please.

Done.

I'm at work and for some reason HHTT is blocked. Could you post your new fees? I'll update that too.

Share Difficulty   Fee
2   10.4917 %
4   7.5173 %
8   5.555 %
16   4.2604 %
32   3.4062 %
64   2.8427 %
128   2.4709 %
256   2.2256 %
512   2.0638 %
1024   1.957 %
2048   1.8865 %