Pages:
Author

Topic: [500 GH/s]HHTT -Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 12. (Read 56478 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
In the process of updating things for PPLNS [...]

Should I update your entry on the mining pools list?

Yes, please.

Done.

I'm at work and for some reason HHTT is blocked. Could you post your new fees? I'll update that too.

Share Difficulty   Fee
2   10.4917 %
4   7.5173 %
8   5.555 %
16   4.2604 %
32   3.4062 %
64   2.8427 %
128   2.4709 %
256   2.2256 %
512   2.0638 %
1024   1.957 %
2048   1.8865 %
4096   1.8401 %
8192   1.8094 %
16384   1.7892 %
32768   1.7758 %
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

Yes, please.

Done.

I'm at work and for some reason HHTT is blocked. Could you post your new fees? I'll update that too.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
I have a few questions about the latest updates of the pool's software.

- What does the new PPLNS field mean? Is it the pay each already submitted share of an account will receive after blocks are found?

- What does this sentence mean: "The look back for the PPLNS is 2 * network_difficulty" ? Has it to do something with shifts?

- Since hashing power is down, I guess the above suggested diff 20 is not a good idea for a user to apply?

We found 1-2 blocks today which is good luck imo considering the new hashing power. On a site note there is still PPS mentioned on the Web site and there's this typo at the 'Orphans' heading.

Yes, please.
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.

Great to hear of the display bug fixes in HHTT!! I will be back in the pool tomorrow as well, currently running a round robin / comparison on different pools.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Thank you very much! Now everything's clear. I'm considering moving my Avalon back
In the process of updating things for PPLNS I found a bug in some code that was building a table of daily user summaries that is used for some display pages and creating payments.

I've corrected the bug and am running the code for fix previously incorrect values.  There will likely be another round of payouts as these corrections go in.

Also, I am very stupid.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
Yes, I have been paid what was owed, like it seems everyone waiting to be paid out was.

Sadly the lose of confidence has already occurred, we lost 9/10 of the hashing power this pool use to have.
Good news everyone, the pool is paying out again, at least for me. The owed is fully paid now. Thanks Fireduck!
Now I saw the Owed is clear, but there is still couple of hours' shares wasn't even added to the Owed, am I wrong?
And the people still mining there is also not earning anything, according to the data on the site?
Could you please tell me will that part of shares be paid?
Sorry for my bad English
Has the pool already shifted to PPLNS now?
Will the people still minging there be paid, cause I see the balance isn't increasing

Not yet, I am still working on the code.

I'll relax some rules so that people who have been waiting will get paid sooner.  Sorry for the trouble.  Everyone who is owed will be paid.
Has the pool already shifted to PPLNS now?
Will the people still minging there be paid, cause I see the balance isn't increasing
Sorry to be that guy but it is PPLNS...  Roll Eyes

PPLNS - Pay Per Last N Shares. Similar to proportional, but instead of looking at the number of shares in the round, instead looks at the last N shares, regardless of round boundaries.

A great write-up by Meni -- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pplns-39832

Hopefully that was a mistake and PPLSN is not some new payment system.  Please don't get creative!  We have well defined and studied payment methods that users can clearly see the benefits/drawbacks of.  HHTT would be able to make great use of PPLNS due to its speed.

At 3-4+ TH/s, you could very effectively run N as a value much higher than difficulty (5x or more).  My pool actually runs N at ~20x difficulty.  It's a bit extreme, but it also makes the payouts much more steady per shift.  While that has no effect on 24H earnings, miners are generally much happier when shifts don't swing wildly.

It was a mistake on my part.  Pay Per Last N Shares is what I intend.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Thanks for chiming in E -- I was curious about where N should be relative to diff. Meni talked about 2x IIRC but that was a while ago (i.e., before the ASIC revolution)

Higher 'N' values aren't required, but I find that if your pool is fast enough to do it without making maturation time too long, it's a good idea.  You need to find a good balance.  Higher N values = longer time for a share to be fully paid, but more likely to get steady payments.  I think any N-value where a share is fully paid within 24 hours should be considered effective enough that miners don't feel like they're being held hostage.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Thanks for chiming in E -- I was curious about where N should be relative to diff. Meni talked about 2x IIRC but that was a while ago (i.e., before the ASIC revolution)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Sorry to be that guy but it is PPLNS...  Roll Eyes

PPLNS - Pay Per Last N Shares. Similar to proportional, but instead of looking at the number of shares in the round, instead looks at the last N shares, regardless of round boundaries.

A great write-up by Meni -- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pplns-39832

Hopefully that was a mistake and PPLSN is not some new payment system.  Please don't get creative!  We have well defined and studied payment methods that users can clearly see the benefits/drawbacks of.  HHTT would be able to make great use of PPLNS due to its speed.

At 3-4+ TH/s, you could very effectively run N as a value much higher than difficulty (5x or more).  My pool actually runs N at ~20x difficulty.  It's a bit extreme, but it also makes the payouts much more steady per shift.  While that has no effect on 24H earnings, miners are generally much happier when shifts don't swing wildly.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I don't really have a problem with the delayed payments myself... my problem is that there is no specific code in case of payment delays... so if you're under 1.00 BTC and don't have the hashrate to make more than 1BTC a day, you'll get a single daily payment which will consist of some small percentage of the available wallet.  The available wallet gets emptied every hour or two by the people at 60000mhash+.

Yeah,

payments should start from low hash rate suckers and pay up towards high hash-rate suckers Smiley and pool should pay every hour if it has available coins.

spiccioli

I'd even be happy if the payments were just buffered up. Calculate my payment from the insufficient purse every hour then pay me the sum on the 24 or 72 or whatever.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
Two things might help;

1) Make the default rate variable per miner. 32 is great ( I use it ) even though my hash rate is only 1700Mh/s - Yes that is average of over 1 minute a share. You already have some of the code in place, you use it to display the ideal difficulty for each miners current hash rate; If you want to complete one share every 15, 30, 60 and 120 seconds. Make it the min allowed for that specific miner, people can set higher if they wish. So it just as simple as, they can request a lower one, but they'll actually receive the min allowed. No need to restrict what shares you allow to be submitted, if their min happens to change between request and submission.
I notice a lot of your biggest miners ask for a difficulty well below the 15 seconds one. This could reduce a lot of the strain on your servers.

2) Reduce the price range between lowest and highest % fee, say sliding scale between 3% and 5%. Then assign them based upon the above numbers. So if your request a difficult near you min difficulty 5% (15 seconds), if you do it nearer to the one for 120 seconds, it's 3%.
Trust me you can't be making that much off the few who actually do mine at a rate above 5%, but you are scaring them off, it is kinda proven in how many miners are 1Gh/s and above and how many are below that. The above change will mean their is less of a reason to charge differently because you are making sure each miner is not stressing your server. The main reason for this is to encourage more miners in general, not just large ones. Variance is high and we need a good way to lower that, one is with more miners.

The miners here like this pool as one of the original high difficulty pools, with low fees, with reliable payouts. It can be turned around.
I hope my ideas help and not too unrealistic.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
I don't really have a problem with the delayed payments myself... my problem is that there is no specific code in case of payment delays... so if you're under 1.00 BTC and don't have the hashrate to make more than 1BTC a day, you'll get a single daily payment which will consist of some small percentage of the available wallet.  The available wallet gets emptied every hour or two by the people at 60000mhash+.

Yeah,

payments should start from low hash rate suckers and pay up towards high hash-rate suckers Smiley and pool should pay every hour if it has available coins.

spiccioli
Pages:
Jump to: