Pages:
Author

Topic: [500 GH/s]HHTT -Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 9. (Read 56345 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Apart from the fact that this is becoming a monologue Smiley

We found another block tonight (UTC) but I see pool has lower hashing speed today?!? WTF?

DE-CE-TRA-LI-ZA-TION this is the name of the game, move some hashing power here to help keeping bitcoin network healthy.

spiccioli

Blame it on the Asics. They are part of a conspiracy to centralize the hashpower of any crypto currency that they can get their CODE on. :/

Bitcoin's second pre-mine began 3-4 months ago.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
Apart from the fact that this is becoming a monologue Smiley

We found another block tonight (UTC) but I see pool has lower hashing speed today?!? WTF?

DE-CE-TRA-LI-ZA-TION this is the name of the game, move some hashing power here to help keeping bitcoin network healthy.

spiccioli

legendary
nec sine labore
Ok guys,

last week we reached a steady half a TH/s of hashing, this week we need to break the 1 TH/s barrier!

So, start moving your rigs here NOW, there are just a few days left!!  Smiley

spiccioli
legendary
nec sine labore
Another one block found today and a steady hashing power Smiley

Fireduck, did you see/apply this patch to your bitcoind?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2677

spiccioli
legendary
nec sine labore
Back to half a TH/s Wink

BTW, this pool, between those with at least 100 GH/s and not considering p2pool, has one of the lowest fees (or is on a par).

If you have an Avalon you can easily mine with difficulty 512 or even 1024 for a fee of less than a half of one percent and it pays you, if you find a block, half of the block fees.

I'd say only p2pool is better, but Avalons don't work there and setting up a p2pool node requires a lot more efforts so I don't really understand why this pool is not bigger.

spiccioli
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Probably, but then everybody talks about pools becoming too big while all it takes is a couple of minutes to move here...

By the way, if I were ASICMiner I would be mining solo, I really dont' understand why they are mining in a pool with so much hashing power.

spiccioli

I've heard they will go solo on their next round of upgrades. Who knows.

Long live fireduck!
legendary
nec sine labore
Maybe they all hang out at BTC Guild with ASICMiner. Smiley

Probably, but then everybody talks about pools becoming too big while all it takes is a couple of minutes to move here...

By the way, if I were ASICMiner I would be mining solo, I really don't understand why they are mining in a pool with so much hashing power.

spiccioli
Maybe they all hang out at BTC Guild with ASICMiner. Smiley
legendary
nec sine labore
Where are all the Avalon owners when they're needed?

I think most are still waiting to get theirs.

Cheesy

All those from batch 1 and those happy twenty or so from batch 2 would be enough to make hhtt one of the biggest pool.

Right now, 5 more Avalons would be enough to make hhtt as big as p2pool, for example.

spiccioli
Activity: 634
Merit: 500

I think most are still waiting to get theirs.
legendary
nec sine labore
Well,

it should be clear that I like this minimalistic pool... Smiley

anyway it seems it cannot attract enough hashing power... and fireduck is silent since a long time.

This pool needs you!  (with a big pointing hand) Smiley

spiccioli
legendary
nec sine labore
And a block today! Cheesy

spiccioli
legendary
nec sine labore
So a block yesterday,

but pool still lacks enough hashing power to reach the psychological level of a block a day...

spiccioli
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I'm so confused about your dislike of DGM on short rounds, because it pays out full to the miners. It's similar to PPLNS like that. If lots of short rounds happen in a row, you make lots of coins.

It's ok. I don't think I've come across a  Hippie Tech post that was accurate, or even correct. He's just posted a section of 30 rounds that had average (D1 shares per round) / (mining difficulty) that was very low. Since the pool's DGM is set to reduce variance, it has more in common with PPS. The longer the round, the greater the payout, and the shorter the round the lower that payout. That's all.

The problem with "common sense" is that it's really just intuition. If you haven't bothered to study the math and the concepts behind pooled mining (let alone DGM) then you'll always get it wrong since so much about pooled mining is not intuitive.
legendary
I'm so confused about your dislike of DGM on short rounds, because it pays out full to the miners. It's similar to PPLNS like that. If lots of short rounds happen in a row, you make lots of coins.

Don't be.. just add 25 + 25 + 25... Smiley Instead here we see...

Activity: 378
What tangible info/ data do you have on these matters ??

Yeah!  WTF does organofcorti know about maths, statistics and data analysis?   Tongue   Roll Eyes
legendary
'Variance', is a myth and a scare tactic that takes advantage of people's insecurities and greed.  Tongue

What?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variance

Its a psy-op that makes miners choose pure PPS or DGM and thus takes luck/chance out of the equation.

I try not to look at PPS and DGM pool stat pages because seeing all those uber low payouts gives me a headache.

Do try to learn a little about reward methods. Nothing in the sentence above makes any sense at all.

What doesn't make sense is why you seem to think that low block payouts are a good thing for miners.

Block payout =/> 25 BTC = good
Block payout < 25 BTC = bad and waaaay to common with the previously mentioned payment methods.

Or, here is a little of what I like to call.. experience. I earned 7.23889297 BTC in approx 48 days. Or..  0.15081027020833333333333333333333 BTC/ day.

During that time, my hashrate grew from 1260 to 2250 mhash/s and would have averaged 0.11 - 0.12 BTC per day with pure PPS. It stayed roughly the same b/c my hashrate increases kept pace with the difficulty jumps.

The DGM payouts would have been laughable as several of those rounds took 1 day or less.

What tangible info/ data do you have on these matters ??
legendary
nec sine labore
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
'Variance', is a myth and a scare tactic that takes advantage of people's insecurities and greed.  Tongue

What?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variance

Its a psy-op that makes miners choose pure PPS or DGM and thus takes luck/chance out of the equation.

I try not to look at PPS and DGM pool stat pages because seeing all those uber low payouts gives me a headache.

Do try to learn a little about reward methods. Nothing in the sentence above makes any sense at all.
Pages:
Jump to: