Pages:
Author

Topic: £500 to spend, on Ether or Bitcoin? - page 12. (Read 3216 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 06:04:27 AM
BTC is so high atm, ?500 wouldn't do much for me. Unless I put the initial ?500 in BTC and added ?100 per month to it?!! But what if the BTC price doubles in a short period that would mean my buy would be peanuts.

So confusing Smiley

Almost every month you can see a change in price on bitcoin. If you are going to observe there is a decrease on the price of bitcoin but it always recovers. And when you're going to consider the foundation of bitcoin, it is probably the most firm coin in the cryptocurrencies. There is a bigger chances that your investment will double in short time as well.

500£ is quite a small investment for bitcoin but it will profit too.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 21, 2017, 05:52:15 AM
BTC is so high atm, ?500 wouldn't do much for me. Unless I put the initial ?500 in BTC and added ?100 per month to it?!! But what if the BTC price doubles in a short period that would mean my buy would be peanuts.

So confusing Smiley
September 21, 2017, 05:42:30 AM
I replied to a similar thread yesterday. if you research a little you will find good answers to this kind of question around the forum.
Anyway, as you are new and still adjusting to the forum i´ll leave my opinion and don´t take it as finantial advice. Just an opinion form a random guy.
1st: i´m a little ceptic about ETH. so i tend to prefer other smart contract platforms.
2nd: I try to diversify so to answer you directly i would buy a little of both. even with 500pounds.
3rd: even with 500 pounds i would diversify even further and would throw some pocket change into a small project of my choosing. I can think of DGB or XBY but there are dozens really. That way you get the security of the biggest crypto, BTC, diversify to a well established alt in ETH and make a riskier investment in a smaller coin that could pump for huge profit.

Hey Thanks for your response.

I have already invested in altcoins such XEM, SIA, IOTA, DOGE, VERGE & RIPPLE.

I have £500 left to invest and bitcoin and Ether seem to be the ones that will around for a long time. So I was hoping to have some high level Cryptos in my portfolio.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
September 21, 2017, 05:09:38 AM
Hi All,

I have just over £500 to spend and I'm not sure where I should be investing this.

Do I buy a small fraction of a bitcoin or buy 2 ethers?

What would you do?

I'm looking for some long term investment.

Also, i'm hoping to contribute £100 per month towards either one but not sure which direction I should be taking.

Many Thanks
Why not to go to the altcoin if you are having limited amount to invest in the crypto, as far as i can see the ether and bitcoin looks same right now, but the price of bitcoin was too high if you are not having a lot of money invest in both will never give you a decent profit
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 04:50:01 AM
I replied to a similar thread yesterday. if you research a little you will find good answers to this kind of question around the forum.
Anyway, as you are new and still adjusting to the forum i´ll leave my opinion and don´t take it as finantial advice. Just an opinion form a random guy.
1st: i´m a little ceptic about ETH. so i tend to prefer other smart contract platforms.
2nd: I try to diversify so to answer you directly i would buy a little of both. even with 500pounds.
3rd: even with 500 pounds i would diversify even further and would throw some pocket change into a small project of my choosing. I can think of DGB or XBY but there are dozens really. That way you get the security of the biggest crypto, BTC, diversify to a well established alt in ETH and make a riskier investment in a smaller coin that could pump for huge profit.
September 21, 2017, 04:27:40 AM
Hi All,

I have just over £500 to spend and I'm not sure where I should be investing this.

Do I buy a small fraction of a bitcoin or buy 2 ethers?

What would you do?

I'm looking for some long term investment.

Also, i'm hoping to contribute £100 per month towards either one but not sure which direction I should be taking.

Many Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: