Pages:
Author

Topic: £500 to spend, on Ether or Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 3216 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
I think you can put it to eth only. the $ 500 for bitcoin is still very small, and currently the bitcoin price is still in the red market. eth although the situation is still the same, but there is a 50% increase. and the chances for a higher rise are very big.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
Nowadays i prefer etherum cause its price droped down a lot and it could increase in  short time even 2x more, so investing in it could bring more profit than in btc.
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
PRiVCY
Don't ever forget the Volatility nature of these coins that can be very stiffened at times. And that is why one must be ever ready to avert the volatility risk as much as possible. In essence, I shall go along by few of my prior posters that Diversification is far more better for you in this regard , where you shall not be putting all your eggs in one basket. Apart from Bitcoin and Ether you rightly mentioned, you can as much as possible buy about other three potential coins with good features based on your research and invest upon. So that if any of their volatility falls on the negative side, you shall have few others that shall bears the risk.By then you are averagely okay, other than you loosing out on just BTC or ETH if the other way round submerged. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
For me, if it is for a long term investment, I would go all the way on Bitcoin.  We all know the great returns that we can get from Bitcoin, if you can afford to invest  on Bitcoin for long tern, it will have very big return in time, I believe in Bitcoin and trends and historical data show that Bitcoin price is increasing every year, so it has great potential.
Activity: 142
Merit: 0
you should invest in bitcoin because we all know that bitcoin is the best currency and when you invest your money on bitcoin you will earn a lot of money
Activity: 238
Merit: 6
I replied to a similar thread yesterday. if you research a little you will find good answers to this kind of question around the forum.
Anyway, as you are new and still adjusting to the forum i´ll leave my opinion and don´t take it as finantial advice. Just an opinion form a random guy.
1st: i´m a little ceptic about ETH. so i tend to prefer other smart contract platforms.
2nd: I try to diversify so to answer you directly i would buy a little of both. even with 500pounds.
3rd: even with 500 pounds i would diversify even further and would throw some pocket change into a small project of my choosing. I can think of DGB or XBY but there are dozens really. That way you get the security of the biggest crypto, BTC, diversify to a well established alt in ETH and make a riskier investment in a smaller coin that could pump for huge profit.

Hey Thanks for your response.

I have already invested in altcoins such XEM, SIA, IOTA, DOGE, VERGE & RIPPLE.

I have £500 left to invest and bitcoin and Ether seem to be the ones that will around for a long time. So I was hoping to have some high level Cryptos in my portfolio.

Hence the amount of investment is broken into parts  Smiley They do not want to invest everything in one altcoyin, they are looking for happiness in everyone  Wink
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I would recommend going with both the options but through the systematic investment plan which emphasizes on buying in smaller units at a higher frequency of time and that takes the advantage of every price level. I believe that Bitcoin will get popularity in the fund transfer industry in the coming years and corporate organizations would also adopt it after seeking the stability and ETH has a huge growth potential in the automation industry and I am expecting growth of it along with Industry 4.0 evolution.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
Hi All,

I have just over £500 to spend and I'm not sure where I should be investing this.

Do I buy a small fraction of a bitcoin or buy 2 ethers?

What would you do?

I'm looking for some long term investment.

Also, i'm hoping to contribute £100 per month towards either one but not sure which direction I should be taking.

Many Thanks

I prefer investing a huge amount on bitcoins because the growth is really good unlike other altcoins that does not have a decent amount of potential to grow in the market due to less investors who are interested on it.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
According to the chart analysis of some crypto analysts. There are possibilities that ETH might crash in a free fall style. Same with Bitcoin, theres a high chance that Bitcoin might fall again to 6k, and worse is 3k

Hi All,

I have just over £500 to spend and I'm not sure where I should be investing this.

Do I buy a small fraction of a bitcoin or buy 2 ethers?

What would you do?

I'm looking for some long term investment.

Also, i'm hoping to contribute £100 per month towards either one but not sure which direction I should be taking.

Many Thanks
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
Brother buy bitcoin cash on November 13-15 will be fork freebie) and if you are serious, the 2013 coin is not pump at all, the capitalization is small, the code is excellent! 1 is 100% protected from ASIC mining and is available to all people, there will soon be many events and very large growth) I personally communicated with the developer!
If OP believes you mate,maybe hes a rich man now,since bitcoin cash growth is unstoppable

Look how large the price becomes just for a few months and what will be covering for another years,i will i have a capital wayback time,so maybe i come to invest in bitcoin cash and become richer this days
Activity: 126
I think you should invest in ETH. That is my opinion.
Activity: 196
One thing for sure you aren't at the real game of the world. You are in crypto world. Digital connection through internet is what we are facing. If you are decided to invest don't give to much focus on your dream profit but rather as new also you should avoid whatever is necessary to avoid. Risky is given so be careful by your own investment.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
November 10, 2017, 06:16:24 PM
Brother buy bitcoin cash on November 13-15 will be fork freebie) and if you are serious, the 2013 coin is not pump at all, the capitalization is small, the code is excellent! 1 is 100% protected from ASIC mining and is available to all people, there will soon be many events and very large growth) I personally communicated with the developer!
Activity: 168
HODL
October 25, 2017, 08:29:17 AM
This may be personal opinion, but I think while Bitcoin would be good for short term investment, Ether might be more stable to go for in the long run.

Hmm Smiley Why? Bitcoin shown lots of stability. Ether is too young and new, it still can even die.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 08:10:25 PM
This may be personal opinion, but I think while Bitcoin would be good for short term investment, Ether might be more stable to go for in the long run.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
October 22, 2017, 10:53:28 AM
It depends to you want do you think gives you high profit every month because ethereum coin and bitcoin is a potential and for sure the price will increase more. This two altcoin before the price is very low and if you see the price is very high the price of ethereum is hundreds of dollars while the price of bitcoin is thousands of dollars and i hope it will increase more. But i suggest invest your money in both .
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
October 22, 2017, 10:37:48 AM
I always prefer bitcoins over ethereum for investment as bitcoins are increasing like anything and this upcoming forms like bitcoins gold and segwit2x, bitcoins prices would surely increase as people will try to invest more in bitcoins to get the free bitcoins gold.While i do think that ethereum has potential to grow even more but it will be always inferior to bitcoins.I think that invest in bitcoins and also invest some in ethereum.Both of the coins are great at long term investment but profits would be more in bitcoins than in ethereum.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
October 22, 2017, 10:22:57 AM
I thought that ethereum has a future, although at the moment it is still in second position by market cap, and it is almost impossible to replace bitcoin at the top position, because bitcoin is like a mother of crypto currency. But for features owned by ethereum it is worth to consider in the future. Meanwhile, bitcoin still has problems with the speed of delivery and the fee is still very high. Even so, the price continues to increase with time. So that's all your decision.
Activity: 82
October 22, 2017, 10:17:32 AM
In the past month bitcoin has increased by approx 50%, Ethereum by approx 10%. I like Ethereum but I dont think it is going to keep pace with bitcoin as an investment, in the short, medium or long term.

Yeah I also see bitcoin in this matter like even you hold it for short or long term you still have a sure profit. Bitcoin rally isn't over so better you hold some of this for investment.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
October 22, 2017, 08:47:16 AM
This really depends on your plan. If you are going to hold for ages.. i would probably go with Bitcoin.
But if you want to make mid - long term profit i'd probably split this investment.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two completely different investments. This should be wisely considered.
I would split your investment in maybe 300/200 with 300£ into the project you trust more / which will give you your desired return in a given time.
Overall i think Bitcoin is more reliable in terms of crypto investment than Ethereum. But if you are willing to take the risk and see potential in eth, why not invest more to (possibly) gain higher profits
Pages:
Jump to: