Pages:
Author

Topic: 7xGPU + Windows // modding AMD video driver is the answer - page 3. (Read 71690 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I am running windows 7 AMD 16.9.1 driver.  I have 6 rx480 installed, 4 work and 2 show driver issues in windows manager.  Will this mod work for me?

If that is #43 error, it should work.

So I ran it and now I have 5 working cards instead of 4.  It seemed to fix one of them but not both.  Is there anything special you have to do to that i left out?

Thanks,
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I am running windows 7 AMD 16.9.1 driver.  I have 6 rx480 installed, 4 work and 2 show driver issues in windows manager.  Will this mod work for me?

i hv same problem like you..sad
Activity: 123
Merit: 10

If that is #43 error, it should work.
Activity: 164
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
i use 8 gpu on window must be in uefi mode, must be install with gpt, must use old driver without signature check or patch will break window startup.

Which windows? Which motherboard? M2/1-3 Pci-e? Can you show print screen?
Activity: 169
i use 8 gpu on window must be in uefi mode, must be install with gpt, must use old driver without signature check or patch will break window startup.

Which graphic cards?
Please motherboard?
Activity: 129
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Hello

Which of you has successfully installed 7 gpu with asrock btc pro?

I can not boot with 7 gpu, and when I get to boot, I lose the driver or bsod, yet windows 10 recognizes my 7 gpu.

I tried using 6 GPUs and 1 of them was a dual-gpu GPU so technically it was 7 GPUs and it wouldn't boot either or the last GPU was never recognized.

Activity: 63
Merit: 1
Hello

I can not boot with 7 gpu, and when I get to boot, I lose the driver or bsod, yet windows 10 recognizes my 7 gpu.

Do you use PCIE expander?
Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !
Hello

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Ok, final installation Done, 2 7990 and one r9 280, the third 7990 cooler covered the riser so no go there. Still happy with my 5 gpu setup! Voltage lowered to 1000 mVolt compared to stock 1200. Temps at full load is around 65 C for the hottest core! 1450 sols/s. Very happy!
Sounds very promising Smiley Do you think ill need any modifikations? Or just plugg em all in? Smiley

Plug'em all! ; ) Run the mod app.

Tho, there may be issues with integrated GPU being primary.
You may be required to use the dummy or disable integrated GPU or try Force monitor

2 Cards up so far, lowered voltage a bit and reduced temps by 10-15c but lost only 15 sols from 600. Very pleased!
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
Sounds very promising Smiley Do you think ill need any modifikations? Or just plugg em all in? Smiley

Plug'em all! ; ) Run the mod app.

Tho, there may be issues with integrated GPU being primary.
You may be required to use the dummy or disable integrated GPU or try Force monitor
God damn! Good to hear and know! If win7 fails with my triple 7990 ill give it a shot! Ty 4 info Smiley

It won't. Or at least it shouldn't. I've seen Win7 rig with 4x7990.

lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
God damn! Good to hear and know! If win7 fails with my triple 7990 ill give it a shot! Ty 4 info Smiley

It won't. Or at least it shouldn't. I've seen Win7 rig with 4x7990.
In case anyone is interested.

You can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free from the microsoft website and you can do it headless using teamviewer. Won't have to even plug a mouse or monitor into your rig.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
In case anyone is interested.

You can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free from the microsoft website and you can do it headless using teamviewer. Won't have to even plug a mouse or monitor into your rig.

Hi guys, what do you think about the 7990s? I have 3 incoming and would love to have it to work Smiley I have integrated GPU on my CPU. Best to disable it I guess? What I am afraid of IF I do that I´ll lose headless function. As of now Teamviewer works perfect and no dummy plugs are needed.

What are my best bet to get this all working? I do have a "backup" plan, to use 2 7990s and one r9 280, which makes it a 5 GPU setup (if built in GPU is disabled that is).

7990 is mainly good for the ZEC mining. It is too slow for ETH mining due to the large DAG file.
Absolutely, the 7990s Will mine zec. I hope ill get all up and running in win7 Smiley
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
Hi guys, what do you think about the 7990s? I have 3 incoming and would love to have it to work Smiley I have integrated GPU on my CPU. Best to disable it I guess? What I am afraid of IF I do that I´ll lose headless function. As of now Teamviewer works perfect and no dummy plugs are needed.

What are my best bet to get this all working? I do have a "backup" plan, to use 2 7990s and one r9 280, which makes it a 5 GPU setup (if built in GPU is disabled that is).

7990 is mainly good for the ZEC mining. It is too slow for ETH mining due to the large DAG file.

Pages:
Jump to: