Pages:
Author

Topic: 7xGPU + Windows // modding AMD video driver is the answer - page 4. (Read 71690 times)

Activity: 348
Merit: 119
HI ,
please where is  update 2016-02-06 17:10
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
I've tried to get hands on a z97 gaming 5 mobo but that one stock had weird issues. So I'm returning it now. I'm going to try my chances with z87 deluxe quad now. My goal is to get 7 gpu first then maybe more.

The z97 gaming 5 works great with 7 gpu for me.  Undecided

This is what I'm using as well with 2 PSUs and it runs great. Win10

Z97a Gaming 7 is even better and I don't get those weird “shell” messages on your screen, with a “startup.nsh” when you move components around.  BTW if you get this screen "startup.nsh" using MSI Gaming 5 just move the SATA connector from your hard drive to a different SATA port on your motherboard.  With one or two moves, "startup.nsh" goes away and Windows boots normally.  No need to reinstall Windows if you see this.  I have not seen this error message with the Gaming 7, which has more USB 3 ports, HDMI, power on/reset buttons right on the mother board (no need for a paperclip, no need to power on cable).

Gaming 5 is fine, but I love my Gaming 7.

Are these more expensive motherboards consuming more power than the Asrock H61 Pro BTC?
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
I've tried to get hands on a z97 gaming 5 mobo but that one stock had weird issues. So I'm returning it now. I'm going to try my chances with z87 deluxe quad now. My goal is to get 7 gpu first then maybe more.

Z97a Gaming 7 is even better and I don't get those weird “shell” messages on your screen, with a “startup.nsh” when you move components around.  BTW if you get this screen "startup.nsh" using MSI Gaming 5 just move the SATA connector from your hard drive to a different SATA port on your motherboard.  With one or two moves, "startup.nsh" goes away and Windows boots normally.  No need to reinstall Windows if you see this.  I have not seen this error message with the Gaming 7, which has more USB 3 ports, HDMI, power on/reset buttons right on the mother board (no need for a paperclip, no need to power on cable).

Gaming 5 is fine, but I love my Gaming 7.
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
So still there is no way to run 6 GPU with 16.xx drivers on win 7? 'Cause on win 10 i have random crashes or gpu hangs when on win 7 with 5 cards all works rock solid
There is no way(known to me) to run 6x480(or 470 dunno) on Win7/8/8.1.
I forgot exactly which 6xGPUs don't work, 480 or 470.

I'm running 6x 290/390 fine on 2k8(w7 server). With any(looks like) driver version.

On 2k16(w10 server).. since Aero(not Aero per ce but d3d11 desktop rendering) can't be disabled(imo), OS UI consumes more GPU. So a bit more vCore is required. At least that's what I've noticed on my rigs.

6 RX480s works very well under Windows 8.1, 5 RX480s should be no problem under Windows 7.  Try AMD releases 16.10.3, 16.11.5 or 16.12.2 but I have fan issues (random speed ups) with 16.12.2.  Use DSEO or amdpatcher.exe to sign the drivers, turn Testsiging ON using BCDEDIT commands.  Of course download Net Framework 3.5 beforehand (not 4.5/4.6/whatever) to get 6xGPU to do it's magic.  Install one card at a time, copy signed drivers over into C:/Windows/System32/drivers each time you add a new card, run 6xGPU each time you add a new card.  If you make a backup of your "signed" drivers and simply copy them over to Windows/Sytem32/drivers/ then run 6xGPU, and the reboot, should work fine.  Works fine for me.  PM me if you want all the details, but should be rock solid.   No more dreaded "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" :-( if you follow these steps.

Can't say about RX470s, but not a problem for RX480s.
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
..guess its gonna support 7x support like charm
But prly FirePro only, or whatever they are called today.
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
I'm waiting for the AMD to release naples server with  128 pcie3 lanes ..guess its gonna support 7x support like charm
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
On 2k16(w10 server).. since Aero(not Aero per ce but d3d11 desktop rendering) can't be disabled(imo), OS UI consumes more GPU. So a bit more vCore is required. At least that's what I've noticed on my rigs.
card are with stock bios and voltages but still system crashes and reboots
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
So still there is no way to run 6 GPU with 16.xx drivers on win 7? 'Cause on win 10 i have random crashes or gpu hangs when on win 7 with 5 cards all works rock solid
There is no way(known to me) to run 6x480(or 470 dunno) on Win7/8/8.1.
I forgot exactly which 6xGPUs don't work, 480 or 470.

I'm running 6x 290/390 fine on 2k8(w7 server). With any(looks like) driver version.

Activity: 161
Activity: 141
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

Yes, absolutely.  Several pages back, early on, people were saying you cant use this with 470s in win7. Some recently though have seemed to be posting otherwise but not super specific about it for certain.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Is it still not possible to run more than 4 cards, mixing 470s/480s, in win7?  When I try to add a 5th it works great but seemingly chosen at random one of the previous working cards will always develops the dread error 43 and stops working. Sometimes I lose a 480, sometimes a 470, but whatever card is added as the 5th works when the old one 43s.

Did you run the mod as administrator?
Activity: 141
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

Is it still not possible to run more than 4 cards, mixing 470s/480s, in win7?  When I try to add a 5th it works great but seemingly chosen at random one of the previous working cards will always develops the dread error 43 and stops working. Sometimes I lose a 480, sometimes a 470, but whatever card is added as the 5th works when the old one 43s.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io

The price is quite high.
Activity: 126

Activity: 158
Merit: 12
UniFox

Activity: 186
I use 6x gpu mod to work 6 amd gpus.When I enable the onboard intel gpu, the device manager shows an error. I couldn't make to work properly 7 of them.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Is it possible to use 6 amd cards ith onboard intel gpu? I want to use intel gpu default to use for windows. Amd cards for mining.

Yes. You can. Just connect the onboard GPU output to display.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 186
Is it possible to use 6 amd cards ith onboard intel gpu? I want to use intel gpu default to use for windows. Amd cards for mining.
Activity: 512
Merit: 260
Just read this complete thread in the hope of finding out how to get 8 RX working with a pcie 1to3 switch. Clearly not going to happen.

Funny though I have a 8 GPU rig but that is with 3xHd7990 and 3 390x. One of the Hd7990 gpus are defective and disabled. So 8 working gpus running rock stable on Windows 10.

Conclusion is for +6 gpu use Windows 10 and RX cards can't be more than 7 in a rig.
Pages:
Jump to: