Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 9. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
forgive me being a noob, how is the pool luck calculated? it's now becoming another long round and luck is showing at 110...  what does this mean?

CDF is a much better number to look at than "luck" which can vary from pool to pool on what they even mean by the word. The CDF you can think of as the probability a block would have been found given the current difficulty and number of shares that have been submitted to the pool.

Right now, the pool CDF is 62.73%. So given the amount of work done since the last block, the pool would have found the block by now 62.73% of the time.

50% CDF is the median (half of all blocks found should be < 50% and half > 50% with a large enough sample size), 63.2% is the average.

Remember no matter how long the current round has been it has no effect on the odds of finding a block. The purpose of calculating and graphing things like the CDF of rounds is so the pool can be analyzed to be sure there's not something wrong with it.

When a round goes really long and has a CDF of 95%, it's annoying, but 5% of all blocks will end up at or higher than 95%. 1% of all blocks will end up at 99% or higher. But on the other hand, 5% will end up at 5% or lower and 1% will end up at 1% or lower.

Edit: Corrected typo and re-worded something for clarity.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Yup bitparking #1
so higher than 100, and we might see a block reward soonish... i won't hold my breath.
tulips again after this block is found, the wife likes tulips  Grin

After 100 we are late but in my experience it doesn't matter. We take weeks then find 3 at once

well i'm still here, even after that 190hr round and i've not budged, apart from setting up a new account to make sure I get all the alts i want too... i should have done it on my first setup as I knew i'd have had to ramp up again... oh well, you live and learn. Locked in now and going nowhere. Great pool.
legendary
so higher than 100, and we might see a block reward soonish... i won't hold my breath.

After 100 we are late but in my experience it doesn't matter. We take weeks then find 3 at once
legendary

http://bitmonitor.usr.io

You can get alerts for hash issues, hash recovery, block finds, system will auto payout your coins owed at the levels you define and also alert. All alerts via SMS and/or email, SMS to all countries supported. Could also just be used for auto payout of coins with no alerts if you like. Let me know of issues and I will fix I am unsure on the block alerts, it works in my mind, but need some block finds to actually test it.

forgive me being a noob, how is the pool luck calculated? it's now becoming another long round and luck is showing at 110...  what does this mean?

As far as I know normal luck is supposed to be 100%

You can get alerts for hash issues, hash recovery, block finds, system will auto payout your coins owed at the levels you define and also alert. All alerts via SMS and/or email, SMS to all countries supported. Could also just be used for auto payout of coins with no alerts if you like. Let me know of issues and I will fix I am unsure on the block alerts, it works in my mind, but need some block finds to actually test it.

forgive me being a noob, how is the pool luck calculated? it's now becoming another long round and luck is showing at 110...  what does this mean?
Activity: 161
Merit: 100

Thanks for the help so far, could use one or two more testers!

would like to help you testing
Obfuscated Name   0dfd19ac

can you also do email notification?

feel free to pm me

Thanks I sent you a PM, also I added email alerts now. I think the system is ready for anyone to test now.

fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000
I got bored today and made a monitoring site that sends alerts via SMS for blocks and hashrate drops etc. Anyone bored and want to help test?

sure, i'll help test it, sounds fun.

would like to help you testing
Obfuscated Name   0dfd19ac

can you also do email notification?

feel free to pm me
I got bored today and made a monitoring site that sends alerts via SMS for blocks and hashrate drops etc. Anyone bored and want to help test?

seems to be working great Nick, after our preliminary tests, I set a high hashrate indicator before going to bed last night, to make sure notifications were steady and true. Woke up this morning (and where I should have been making brekkie in bed for my lovely wife) I was, as ever checking my miners etc. and sms's were indeed constant and true.

I'll vouch for the legitimacy of this, it's a good notification system and actually quite useful too. We are still waiting on a block being found to make that that that particular notifier is working OK, but I agree, you could use more testers.

Nick, i'll leave it up to you to post the bugs and issues which you ironed out, for info.
happy to have been of help.

Activity: 322
I havent bothered as i mined back in 2012. At this time namecoins weren't worth much.
A few days ago i checked different accounts i used back then for lost/ forgotten coins, one was btce and found some namecoins sitting there waiting for me xD - at this point i remembered i mined them at this pool and eventually there is a nice load lurking around in my old account. So i checked the account credentials i noted back then and it sayd there isnt such an account, then i wrote the email and now im here.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I can not access my old bitcoin/namecoin account. I contacted the pool operator by email and provided my old account credentials - he claimed that he can not find the account.
I also provided bitcoin and namecoin withdrawal addresses i eventually utilized to make withdrawals.

This is the second pool after bitclockers where i can not cash out old coins, VERY SAD.

Sorry for your loss; not sure how "old" these coins are, but you should cash out regularly to avoid such issues.

That said, I've been able to cash out coins that I mined in 2011, so I'm not sure what you're referring to...
Activity: 322
I can not access my old bitcoin/namecoin account. I contacted the pool operator by email and provided my old account credentials - he claimed that he can not find the account.
I also provided bitcoin and namecoin withdrawal addresses i eventually utilized to make withdrawals.

This is the second pool after bitclockers where i can not cash out old coins, VERY SAD.

being reasonably new to mining and very new to Bitparking, i am now wondering why there are not many more miners using it....

been a good day :0)
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Well I'm glad that's over.
legendary
i don't give up that easily  Wink
Pages: