Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 46. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Still seeing the problem, but haven't changed any difficulty settings yet. Also, running cgminer 3.1.1
I ran a test mining at difficulty 32 with 14 Mhash and didn't see these disconnections. I am noticing that users reporting it are running cgminer 3.1.x. I'm running 2.11.x. I'll do some testing with the newer version. Perhaps there's some difference in how they're dealing with stratum.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Even though my rigs are 800 MH/s to 1.8 GH/s, my total farm is 23 GH/s. Is it still advised that I change them all to d=2, or does it make a difference if my entire farm is 23 GH/s?

Still seeing the problem, but haven't changed any difficulty settings yet. Also, running cgminer 3.1.1

It's the individual rigs that time out, regardless of how many total rigs you run. At 1-2 GH/s per rigs you should probably try d=2 and see how it does for you.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
The other thing I don't do is manually set my difficulty. I noticed others here are doing that, but is it necessary? My rigs range from about 800 MH/s to 1.8 GH/s.

You are the third one in a row, if you read the last 3 pages. This problem is caused by the fact that BitParking sets the default difficulty to 16, which is too high for GPU/FPGA mining. You should use "d=1" or "d=2" as your password to set the difficulty lower. This will avoid inactivity timeouts and stratum disconnections.

Even though my rigs are 800 MH/s to 1.8 GH/s, my total farm is 23 GH/s. Is it still advised that I change them all to d=2, or does it make a difference if my entire farm is 23 GH/s?

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
The other thing I don't do is manually set my difficulty. I noticed others here are doing that, but is it necessary? My rigs range from about 800 MH/s to 1.8 GH/s.

You are the third one in a row, if you read the last 3 pages. This problem is caused by the fact that BitParking sets the default difficulty to 16, which is too high for GPU/FPGA mining. You should use "d=1" or "d=2" as your password to set the difficulty lower. This will avoid inactivity timeouts and stratum disconnections.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
No issues here... Do you by any chance have also LTC config and you have just switch back to BTC? I know that someone did scrypt mining on this pool some time back...

No, nothing like that. I configure everything from a batch file. I am seeing a lot of "Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" errors, and then all shares are rejected after that until the pool connects again. The other thing I don't do is manually set my difficulty. I noticed others here are doing that, but is it necessary? My rigs range from about 800 MH/s to 1.8 GH/s.
What is the smallest(800)? And what is the total?
No issues here... Do you by any chance have also LTC config and you have just switch back to BTC? I know that someone did scrypt mining on this pool some time back...

No, nothing like that. I configure everything from a batch file. I am seeing a lot of "Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" errors, and then all shares are rejected after that until the pool connects again. The other thing I don't do is manually set my difficulty. I noticed others here are doing that, but is it necessary? My rigs range from about 800 MH/s to 1.8 GH/s.
Activity: 476
I am, and have been all day, getting zero.
Im getting a crazy amount of rejects from many of my miners. Anyone else having this issue?
Well we just gain 1 TH... Probably ASIC miner... Could be problem with there pool...

EDIT: No there pool just send out block so could be that they like altcoins...

EDIT2: Gain is now 1,5 TH. We are at 3,5TH. We got 1,5TH in 3 hours...
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm sticking with it, gonna find out how long it takes to find a block!

Last Block Found (UTC)   2013-05-29 08:26

Last 5 DGM payments   
Time (UTC)        Duration   
2013-05-29      08:26   
2013-05-29      08:18   
2013-05-29      01:13   
2013-05-28      21:50   
2013-05-28      19:07   

http://allchains.info/calc.html

using pool rate of 2 TerraHash

Chain   Time (hrs)
btc   7.2498
Activity: 296
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm sticking with it, gonna find out how long it takes to find a block!
Newbie here. Thanks for providing such an excellent and efficient pool mining opportunity.

I just got started a few hours ago and am testing the setup. When I go to mmpool.bitparking.com/user/myusername

I see NMC, IXC, and DVC report, but not BTC. Is this normal for the first couple hours? How long is the expected waiting time for BTC report and how much time it takes before it becomes "steady" (bar the normal statistical fluctuations).

Thanks again!
As long as it takes to find a block. NMC, IXC and DVC are PPS but BTC is DGM and you get them when we find a block. And you will see small reword at first but it will get bigger and bigger over day. And if you stop mining you will still get some rewords for some time. This is how DGM works...
Activity: 296
Newbie here. Thanks for providing such an excellent and efficient pool mining opportunity.

I just got started a few hours ago and am testing the setup. When I go to mmpool.bitparking.com/user/myusername

I see NMC, IXC, and DVC report, but not BTC. Is this normal for the first couple hours? How long is the expected waiting time for BTC report and how much time it takes before it becomes "steady" (bar the normal statistical fluctuations).

Thanks again!
legendary
What was and is timeout... I'm asking since I can help if someone has a problem(more data you have the better) and because my test FPGA that I programmed for fun is more or less ready for testing but has only 7 to 10 MH... I know wast of time but I did learn a lot...
The stratum server disconnects users that have no network traffic for a set time. It was 5 minutes, now it's 15 minutes.
There was a brief stratum server restart just now while I increased the idle worker timeout to see if it helps with the disconnect messages people are seeing.
What was and is timeout... I'm asking since I can help if someone has a problem(more data you have the better) and because my test FPGA that I programmed for fun is more or less ready for testing but has only 7 to 10 MH... I know wast of time but I did learn a lot...
legendary
There was a brief stratum server restart just now while I increased the idle worker timeout to see if it helps with the disconnect messages people are seeing.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Thanks for the difficulty question.  That may be it.  I was reading through this thread and saw the difficulty default is 16 (?).

I'm going to change the default difficulty down to 4 since most of my workers run in the 1500 to 1900 Mhash/s range. 

I'll report back...

You do know how to do that right? Set password to d=4. You might even go lower with it...

Thanks Lucko!  Setting all to d=4 has worked like a charm!
Activity: 806
COINMIXER.NET
Awesome, thanks I will give 4 a shot and see where that takes me.
I have a question regarding difficulty. I read that you should set all miners to the same diff if they are all pointing to the same username. I have 3 miners (300, 1400, and 3400) for a total of 5.1G any idea what I should set the diff to?

Thanks!
2 would probably be your best bet. Maybe up to 4 if you don't mind your 300 MH machine getting some pretty high variance.
On a same account it doesn't matter since they are all put together. He can set it to 4 without a problem...
Pages:
Jump to: