Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 48. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 250
im am or was getting many "stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted"

But it might be on my side.

EDIT: i checked miners on 3 different locations tho, and i have it on the 3 of them (much more often on the 2 that share the same ISP, which has issues from 19:00 to 2:00
I am not seeing this myself. Is anyone else seeing this? What cgminer version are you using?

I get this periodically, too, every 10 minutes or so. It's alarming because cgminer spins down the fans on my cards but continues hashing until the connection is restored. I'm on cgminer 3.1.1. I see this occasionally with other pools but much less frequently.
This sounds like a problem on your side. I have trigger happy monitoring system(made in last days with Slush just to be sure it was the pool not me) and with exception when I posted I had no problems. And that were not problems by the pool but upgrades...

EDIT: But I do use a older version of cgminer since I did have some problems with 3.x versions... I'm still on 2.11.4. I say don't fix it if it is not broken... Unless 3.1.1 brings something like more speed. If this is the case please let me know.

It may be a problem on my side, but the weird part is that it doesn't happen very often with other pools (or at all with some pools). Any ideas what on my side might cause that to happen? Maybe stratum is timing out, or the TCP connection is being dropped? I do have a fairly low hash rate (775MH/s), and I usually submit 0.5-0.7 shares/minute on average, so maybe the pool and/or cgminer thinks I've dropped out.

I just started mining a little while ago, so 3.x was the latest and greatest. But this only started happening recently, so I'm not sure the cgminer version is to blame.

EDIT: It occurs to me that other pools give me lower difficulty shares, so I submit shares a lot more frequently. What's a good difficulty for 775MH/s?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

EDIT: i checked miners on 3 different locations tho, and i have it on the 3 of them (much more often on the 2 that share the same ISP, which has issues from 19:00 to 2:00
I am not seeing this myself. Is anyone else seeing this? What cgminer version are you using?

I get this periodically, too, every 10 minutes or so. It's alarming because cgminer spins down the fans on my cards but continues hashing until the connection is restored. I'm on cgminer 3.1.1. I see this occasionally with other pools but much less frequently.
This sounds like a problem on your side. I have trigger happy monitoring system(made in last days with Slush just to be sure it was the pool not me) and with exception when I posted I had no problems. And that were not problems by the pool but upgrades...

EDIT: But I do use a older version of cgminer since I did have some problems with 3.x versions... I'm still on 2.11.4. I say don't fix it if it is not broken... Unless 3.1.1 brings something like more speed. If this is the case please let me know.
Activity: 456

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
If it helps you might see if BTC guild would addnode you (or you addnode them if their server info is public), so you'll get new blocks from them as fast as possible. Of course they don't make all of the blocks but as the largest pool, they do make a bunch.
I've addnoded a bunch of connected servers and send out to a couple of my own nodes that are relatively unconnected from each other (to encourage dispersion of the blocks). Of the four orphans two are actually the result of failure rather than bad block propogation. One due to the slowdown of nodes as the result of spam and another due to a pool bug losing the block before it even got submitted. Both have been fixed or worked around now.
What I'm doing is porting the merge mining modifications to the 0.8.2 bitcoin branch. That'll help with the orphans. And I'm also looking at migrating to paying transaction fees but not paying orphans. Most miners seem to prefer that approach that the way I've got it at the moment. Part of the move to the stats, where the full block reward is shown, is the move towards being able to pay transaction fees.

If it helps you might see if BTC guild would addnode you (or you addnode them if their server info is public), so you'll get new blocks from them as fast as possible. Of course they don't make all of the blocks but as the largest pool, they do make a bunch.
Well since ASIC miner made there own pool I think they will get the biggest soon... They moved miners from small pools about a week ago and now I see that they are moving them from big pools... In 7 days BTC guild lost 9TH...
legendary
Upgrade? I got msg that one miner jumped ship because of rejected shares... And I see other close to threshold... Are we cool? Move the miner back?

EDIT: Just did since everything looks to be OK.
Yes, did some minor updates to improve performance in areas and preparing for transaction fee payments. Unfortunately on the restart it failed to send a clean block out so got lots of rejects for 20 seconds or so. Haven't done the update to v0.8.x on the merge mining server yet as it's still in testing. Seems to be working ok though. It's a bit suspicious since the first go at doing the merge of the code changes worked straight away. Something must be wrong!
Activity: 434
What I'm doing is porting the merge mining modifications to the 0.8.2 bitcoin branch. That'll help with the orphans. And I'm also looking at migrating to paying transaction fees but not paying orphans. Most miners seem to prefer that approach that the way I've got it at the moment. Part of the move to the stats, where the full block reward is shown, is the move towards being able to pay transaction fees.

Upgrade? I got msg that one miner jumped ship because of rejected shares... And I see other close to threshold... Are we cool? Move the miner back?

EDIT: Just did since everything looks to be OK.
legendary
Another question. Are we over 51% of devcoin? I'm asking that since PPS for devcoin is less then 50% of what it was just after we started merged mining...
The pool is over 50% devcoin and ixcoin occasionally. There seems to be a couple of other big miners that hop on now and then. Most of the time it's over 50% though for those two coins.
Don't get me wrong about orphans... I'm not saying that pool is complicity responsible for them. It is only responsible if it has bed connection and doesn't send new work fast enough to miners and block to the network. And don't get me wrong about paying orphans. I love you are paying them but saying that I'm not sure that you are not paying them out of your pocket since your idea to pay them from fees(that was your idea right) isn't working from what I can see. And I would not like to see the day you are force to close the pool. So that why I'm saying that it might be a good idea to see fees included in payment and you stop paying for orphans. Just make sure they are not coming on regular bases...

Another question. Are we over 51% of devcoin? I'm asking that since PPS for devcoin is less then 50% of what it was just after we started merged mining...
legendary
Again. Grate job. But I think you need to rethink your payments. You have to have higher fee or stop paying for orphan(even if they are sort of pool fault) and add transaction fee to payouts or something... I would hate to see this pool go just because you have to pay more then you make.
I've added to http://mmpool.bitparking.com/blockstats to show the block number, block reward and whether the block was orphaned for the blocks the pool has found. The pool reserves section also now takes into account the transaction fees the pool received whereas before it just assumed 25btc per block.
Again. Grate job. But I think you need to rethink your payments. You have to have higher fee or stop paying for orphan(even if they are sort of pool fault) and add transaction fee to payouts or something... I would hate to see this pool go just because you have to pay more then you make.
legendary
I've added to http://mmpool.bitparking.com/blockstats to show the block number, block reward and whether the block was orphaned for the blocks the pool has found. The pool reserves section also now takes into account the transaction fees the pool received whereas before it just assumed 25btc per block.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Yes, thank you doublec for brining this back up. Awesome.
My Blade has just started hashing at 12G and you'll get 8G more from my GPUs back soon Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
THANK YOU! I was about to go shopping for a new pool with merged mining, when I stumbled on this page. Saw a post saying 20 minutes, and decided to give it a little longer. Back up just in the nick of time.  Grin
Merge mining is now active again.
Great. Good job. Thanks for all your afford.
legendary
Merge mining is now active again.
legendary
Pool down? Switching Merge mining back on?
Yes, doing the switch. I'm running some tests and will enable in the next 20 minutes or so all going well.
Pool down? Switching Merge mining back on?
The block download is up to 230,000 so it has not long to go now. Once complete I'll re-enable merge mining.
I know that last blocks takes forever but where we are at?
Pages:
Jump to: