Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 47. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 591
Merit: 500
I have a question regarding difficulty. I read that you should set all miners to the same diff if they are all pointing to the same username. I have 3 miners (300, 1400, and 3400) for a total of 5.1G any idea what I should set the diff to?

Thanks!
2 would probably be your best bet. Maybe up to 4 if you don't mind your 300 MH machine getting some pretty high variance.
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
COINMIXER.NET
Thanks for the difficulty question.  That may be it.  I was reading through this thread and saw the difficulty default is 16 (?).

I'm going to change the default difficulty down to 4 since most of my workers run in the 1500 to 1900 Mhash/s range.  

I'll report back...

You do know how to do that right? Set password to d=4. You might even go lower with it...

I have a question regarding difficulty. I read that you should set all miners to the same diff if they are all pointing to the same username. I have 3 miners (300, 1400, and 3400) for a total of 5.1G any idea what I should set the diff to?

Thanks!
Activity: 826
Thanks for the difficulty question.  That may be it.  I was reading through this thread and saw the difficulty default is 16 (?).

I'm going to change the default difficulty down to 4 since most of my workers run in the 1500 to 1900 Mhash/s range. 

I'll report back...

You do know how to do that right? Set password to d=4. You might even go lower with it...
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I love this pool!  However, I had to change pools today because I've been having stratum disconnect errors for the past few days.  I triple-checked my end by connecting to other pools and did not have these errors.

Any insight?  I'm anxious to get back in the pool.
Do you have ADSL or other type of "dial-up" connection? What difficulty are you using? And what is your speed?

Thanks for the difficulty question.  That may be it.  I was reading through this thread and saw the difficulty default is 16 (?).

I'll report back...
I love this pool!  However, I had to change pools today because I've been having stratum disconnect errors for the past few days.  I triple-checked my end by connecting to other pools and did not have these errors.

Do you have ADSL or other type of "dial-up" connection? What difficulty are you using? And what is your speed?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Stratum server was crashing. I've restarted and will monitor it to track down the issue.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
I just got the payment 30 secs ago, sorry for bothering you about this.

I am trying my Blade of different pools and not surprisingly, BitParking gives me the best efficiency results. Now in a perfect world the Blade would have Stratum implemented onboard, well that's probably for the next get ;-)

Thanks again for your work on this excellent pool.
Thanks! I'm glad the pools is working out for you.  Blades look nice!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
I just got the payment 30 secs ago, sorry for bothering you about this.

I am trying my Blade of different pools and not surprisingly, BitParking gives me the best efficiency results. Now in a perfect world the Blade would have Stratum implemented onboard, well that's probably for the next get ;-)

Thanks again for your work on this excellent pool.
legendary
OK, well maybe, I still haven't received the payment yet. I'll keep you posted if nothing comes within hours. Thanks.
I do see a bunch of 0 confirmation payments mixed in with some with 6 confirmations. That's is unusual. Other nodes don't seem to have seen them either. Looks like the transaction propogation had an error. I'll see if they can be resubmitted.
legendary
Payments should still be instant. Possibly just a network glitch at the time.

OK, well maybe, I still haven't received the payment yet. I'll keep you posted if nothing comes within hours. Thanks.
legendary
I noticed that my last BTC payout is not instant (10 minutes or so and still waiting for a 0-conf in my wallet). I'm perfectly fine with non-instant payments, but since last payouts were instant, I was wondering if this was the result of the upgrades (like the dust transactions taking up all space) or not, any idea about this? Or just a temporary delay maybe...
Payments should still be instant. Possibly just a network glitch at the time.
legendary
EDIT: If it helps Smiley I think you have a bug in new system or have you changed system since last block and you waiting for conformations? Last block is still pending... And it is 1 hour since we fond it. Last time it was entered in about 15 minutes.

121   pending   2013-05-28 19:07   08:30:12   pending   26.50064830   13,080,177   pending
This is just a visual thing. User balances are still updated immediately. I manually approve the data containing the block number, reward and whether it was orphaned while I'm testing how how that data propogates to make sure it's correct.
legendary
Could you help me with understanding how to properly use Blockchain to send bitcoins with a signed note.
You can't send bitcoins with a signed note.

What you can do, however, is sign a message with one of your addresses, to prove the author of the message (it can be yourself under certain circumstances, depending on the semantics of the message) that you are the owner of the address, i.e. that you own the private key

I also don't understand the private key.

The private key allows you to recover you bitcoins should Blockchain.info ever cease to exist, or if you want to take control of your wallet outside Blockchain.info

Note: it is very important to distinguish between *the* blockchain, and the site Blockchain.info
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
I noticed that my last BTC payout is not instant (10 minutes or so and still waiting for a 0-conf in my wallet). I'm perfectly fine with non-instant payments, but since last payouts were instant, I was wondering if this was the result of the upgrades (like the dust transactions taking up all space) or not, any idea about this? Or just a temporary delay maybe...

Hello,

Regarding payments using blockchain:

Could you help me with understanding how to properly use Blockchain to send bitcoins with a signed note.
I also don't understand the private key.

I have been trying for 3-days straight and still can't get it.

Sincerely...
legendary
Haven't done the update to v0.8.x on the merge mining server yet as it's still in testing. Seems to be working ok though. It's a bit suspicious since the first go at doing the merge of the code changes worked straight away. Something must be wrong!
I also hate when this happens when programing. It is not logical or expected. But you just must face it. You are just that good. (Sometimes!)

EDIT: If it helps Smiley I think you have a bug in new system or have you changed system since last block and you waiting for conformations? Last block is still pending... And it is 1 hour since we fond it. Last time it was entered in about 15 minutes.

121   pending   2013-05-28 19:07   08:30:12   pending   26.50064830   13,080,177   pending
I think that was the problem, thanks! I set d=2 as per matt4054's suggestion, and have been mining without a disconnect for almost 30 minutes now.

On this pool difficulty 1 or 2 doesn't make much of a difference... But general rule is 1 for sub 2GH. But this rule is more for a Slush method of payment. For DGM with this settings it doesn't mater.

It might be smart to log into the router and remove setting disconnect if the line is inactive...

EDIT: Sent you a tip, thanks again!
Thanks!!! I thought that will never happened.. I added in a signature as a joke since everyone has it...
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
EDIT: It occurs to me that other pools give me lower difficulty shares, so I submit shares a lot more frequently. What's a good difficulty for 775MH/s?
You are using default difficulty 16? Set password to d=1... I think it might be router doping the connection since it is inactive too long... ADSL?

I think that was the problem, thanks! I set d=2 as per matt4054's suggestion, and have been mining without a disconnect for almost 30 minutes now.

EDIT: Sent you a tip, thanks again!
EDIT: It occurs to me that other pools give me lower difficulty shares, so I submit shares a lot more frequently. What's a good difficulty for 775MH/s?
You are using default difficulty 16? Set password to d=1... I think it might be router doping the connection since it is inactive too long... ADSL?
legendary
What's a good difficulty for 775MH/s?

I would say d=2 for 775 Mhash/s
Pages:
Jump to: