Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 11. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
January 19, 2019, 07:36:04 PM
selling 5 of these for $250 including global shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Hyper-M-2-x16-Card/dp/B0753JTJTG
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
January 18, 2019, 01:03:26 AM
Did you guys see BuriedONE Crypto Mining video from January 17 and checked all the screen shots of Discord conversations? The reality is worse than all the speculations. Of course it was all on Discord but here we got a nice summary

https://youtu.be/zO0k7amzS1U

^^^ Worthless waste of time watching that, just post the screen shots.

https://mega.nz/#F!FyoQkKgR!n7aurENH6xIqsoHvU2kHQg
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
January 17, 2019, 11:12:40 PM
Did you guys see BuriedONE Crypto Mining video from January 17 and checked all the screen shots of Discord conversations? The reality is worse than all the speculations. Of course it was all on Discord but here we got a nice summary
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 17, 2019, 09:55:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
January 17, 2019, 07:32:31 AM
Activity: 208
Merit: 3
January 16, 2019, 08:07:21 PM
Waiting for godot 2.0  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 16, 2019, 05:22:45 PM
Any updates?

Miner probably in one month. Interesting discussion on Discord this morning (follow up on last night's discussions)

Can you post it here for those of us that don't discord/telegram.

give me a minute here it is

Code:
SickRefManToday at 12:01 AM
ye$$$ new memes
@GPUHoarder https://imgur.com/a/OVLAuBE

rofl
SoonTM
HoneyMustard68Today at 12:06 AM
I’m saving that one. You better put this in the update channel
NubiToday at 12:07 AM
god damn trolls allready making it worse
BazzaarToday at 12:09 AM
but...
ExplosiveprotonToday at 12:14 AM
Lol that's just so savage.
GPUHoarderToday at 12:16 AM
I may not agree with what you’re doing, but I support your right to do it
Biker_the_crayonEaterToday at 12:18 AM
GPUHoarder you have some thick skin there sir :muscle::skin-tone-3:
SickRefManToday at 12:20 AM
@GPUHoarder i love u too, i still believe, but i like to have fun too and the calendar worked there
NubiToday at 12:31 AM
He is a Nerd/Geek that grew up when we where the outcasts he has to have thick skin
HoneyMustard68Today at 12:44 AM
It’s all in good fun....till it gets serious
danthelionToday at 1:22 AM
the idea of these acorns are great, you cant just go down to the local computer store and get these, we are the first people to have them, we are the early adopters, who cares if it takes an extra couple of months for software development, the market is crap anyway.
Roblowe91Today at 1:38 AM
@danthelion  agreed pal, patience is key.
It's AliveToday at 1:42 AM
discord noun
dis·​cord | \ ˈdis-ˌkȯrd  \
Definition of discord (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)
… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained?
— Sir Winston Churchill
SerfToday at 1:56 AM
@GPUHoarder  I have a few rigs Z270-a MB with 8-RX580. Should I put acorns in a nest or in the 2 available m2 slots or do both. What’s the best setup for the near future with the miner. And what acorn is best suited for my setup?
techtotToday at 2:08 AM
Entertaining day here - 30 days or bust!
HoneyMustard68Today at 2:30 AM
Oh man... now people are locked in on 30 days!!
blieToday at 2:31 AM
he ment 300, forgot the zero :rofl:
HoneyMustard68Today at 2:32 AM
Hahahaha
QuirkSilverToday at 2:35 AM
Acorn miner was there by new year  but people had to take thier holidays.  Now?  Two weeks gone.
OhGodAJeannieToday at 2:52 AM
Back to the Future :  May 2019 @ FPGA Discord
Is the SQRL Miner out yet?
:SoonTM:
HoneyMustard68Today at 2:54 AM
Maybe some people are still on holidays
mfurmanToday at 8:24 AM
I looked at last night discussions and I am absolutely confused why there were still only some snippets of info and innuendo from SQRL. They almost feel offended that people are asking about dates and are, perhaps, upset(edited)
@danthelion  You can buy Acorn on Amazon. They are a product to be bought by anyone
SQRL_LimsToday at 8:34 AM
No one is offended that people want an ETA. It is perfectly understandable why people are upset at the delays. They are working on getting a firm ETA.
Sadly Meat and I are not devs so we don't have the knowledge to provide better updates than we do, we are just support staff. The people who can provide a bit more info come in every now and then and some interesting information comes out through the flow of conversation and the search bar is an excellent function to keep on track of what GPUHoarder has been saying.
Darius510Today at 8:45 AM
So miner in 30 days or money back if we return?
HoneyMustard68Today at 8:47 AM
@mfurman I think sometimes when you are too far in (have bought too many Acorns), you are just in denial...
👍
Sprengmeister1Today at 8:47 AM
I just know that under normal business conditions this case would have been a court matter. And It doesn't matter in which country the case has to be fought out.
mfurmanToday at 8:50 AM
SQRL_Lims - search bar should not be the only way to find some critical (often "between the lines")  info for an existing product.(edited)
@Darius510 : GPUHoarderYesterday at 11:44 PM
"My advice is this - keep them, you’ll want them. If you don’t want them in 30 days I’ll buy them all from you, including import tax."(edited)
SQRL_LimsToday at 8:53 AM
@mfurman I never said critical info, that will be in email as he has stated, I meant small bits of info
@Darius510 that was directed at one person, not everyone
mfurmanToday at 8:54 AM
Is it the message above not extremely important?(edited)
SQRL_LimsToday at 8:54 AM
it's difficult for him to say anything here when people will willfully take it out of context
mfurmanToday at 8:55 AM
There should be no "context" only straightforward answers to questions
👍
It's AliveToday at 8:55 AM
this is just a bad place
Moon
Definition of discord (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)
Darius510Today at 8:55 AM
Can I be one of those people it’s directed at though
SQRL_LimsToday at 8:56 AM
I cannot speak for GPUHoarders personal decisions on purchasing Acorns
mfurmanToday at 8:56 AM
Another interesting one: GPUHoarderYesterday at 11:38 PM
"We honestly should have never done a monolithic miner and just kicked out simple command line miners for whatever coins one by one" - so why SQRL Miner was always "advertised" on SQRL Web site and discussed?(edited)
SQRL_LimsToday at 8:58 AM
erm because they are still doing it
hindsight and so on, it was a bigger task than anticipated, doesn't mean they won't complete it
blieToday at 8:59 AM
just do what everything else does, a front end for bunch of miners
boom, unified
mfurmanToday at 9:00 AM
Last comment from me: there should have been much more discussions about SQRL miner from the beginning (Summer 2018) instead of some minutiae about hardware subtleties. Once again: there were numbers illustrating the performance of SQRL miner (suppposedly)(edited)
coltrainToday at 9:00 AM
when there are ongoing lawsuits and there are lists of can-t-talk-about-things Im sure that muddies it up @mfurman
An1malToday at 9:27 AM
Happy overall with z270 taichi, despite 2 Acorns in the A. T. M. position... AC makes it not matter, a 10° delta from sucking the exhaust from the first one.
legendary
January 16, 2019, 03:19:29 PM
Any updates?

Miner probably in one month. Interesting discussion on Discord this morning (follow up on last night's discussions)

Can you post it here for those of us that don't discord/telegram.
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
January 16, 2019, 02:47:51 PM
Any updates?

Activity: 33
January 15, 2019, 02:44:20 AM
Any updates?
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
January 12, 2019, 11:23:32 PM
Hello, and great work on your unique project!

Will any drivers or programs be required for this device to be recognized on PiMP OS (based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) ? If so, please describe what we will need to do. We want to make sure that we can support your Acorn devices with PiMP OS. If you have the capability to test it, we would be most appreciative!

Also, a common question we get is whether it is cost-effective to buy an Acorn or another GPU for the rig. What's the best "TLDR simple answer" in your opinion? Thanks!

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm

Acorn doesn't exist at the moment. Acorns are supposed to be hw+ sqrl miner sw (GPU accelerator)
Right now there are only CLE-101,CLE215 and CLE215+ which is the hw and a standalone mining support of 1 coin (read shitcoin).
legendary
January 12, 2019, 07:10:23 PM

Will any drivers or programs be required for this device to be recognized on PiMP OS (based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) ? If so, please describe what we will need to do. We want to make sure that we can support your Acorn devices with PiMP OS. If you have the capability to test it, we would be most appreciative!

Also, a common question we get is whether it is cost-effective to buy an Acorn or another GPU for the rig. What's the best "TLDR simple answer" in your opinion? Thanks!

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm

IT is not cost effective as there is NO GPU Acceleration at this point, only unfulfilled promises and unconfirmed statements.
Activity: 42
January 12, 2019, 12:25:39 PM
GPUH mentioned on Discord that "Team Red" for linux is expected to be first release.

I'll believe it when I see it... He also said there will be a lot of updates and releases in the week before Christmas....
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
January 12, 2019, 12:00:41 PM

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm
Activity: 8
Merit: 1
January 12, 2019, 11:30:36 AM
GPUH mentioned on Discord that "Team Red" for linux is expected to be first release.
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
January 12, 2019, 10:56:09 AM
well gpuhoarder released some info yesterday on discord along with a screenshot of an early build (one that was solo mining).

1st version for public consumption will likely be very limited.. linux version may run better as opposed to the windows version. amd cards are talked to direct, nvidia goes through cpu. things will change though as it is refined.

thats just what i recall, take with much salt.

time frame was "near future" iirc.

hit up fpga discord for the real info.
From my understanding of last week, Linux was working, windows wasn't there yet, one gpu was working great, multiple needed more work (I don't know if that was Nvidia or AMD) and they were worried about pushing this now and people jumping to conclusions and freaking out if they released a beta software.

I'll volunteer to beta test on Windows.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 11, 2019, 11:20:19 AM
Only planning to use these either standalone (CLE-215+) or to boost amd (CLE-101).  Will the 1st version boost monero and eth, just eth, just monero, something else?  What will it standalone mine, lyra, keccak, etc.?

unknown.
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
January 11, 2019, 11:05:21 AM
well gpuhoarder released some info yesterday on discord along with a screenshot of an early build (one that was solo mining).

1st version for public consumption will likely be very limited.. linux version may run better as opposed to the windows version. amd cards are talked to direct, nvidia goes through cpu. things will change though as it is refined.

Soon.TM

Near Future.TM

Only planning to use these either standalone (CLE-215+) or to boost amd (CLE-101).  Will the 1st version boost monero and eth, just eth, just monero, something else?  What will it standalone mine, lyra, keccak, etc.?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 11, 2019, 07:41:37 AM

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
January 10, 2019, 11:43:46 PM
As a pushback on the debbie downers, here are some reasons to be optimistic:

SQRL

1)  I spent a chunk of change on their stuff. I'm really impressed with the build quality/engineering of the circuit boards. Definitely superior to BITMAIN. If their intent was to be a scam operation there was no need to spend extra on a build/component quality which also has a schedule and cost penalty (how many times have we seen a cheesy circuit board photograph from the latest scam power point miner?). I think SQRL are also in the same boat in that they have a stack of cards that they would also like to use and therefore motivated. Like many things in crypto, all is forgiven when stuff starts to work.

Other stuff

2) A positive trend is the number of coins changing over to anti-ASIC GPU friendly new algorithms.

3) The fact that ASIC dev's are openly whining about crypto coin dev's fencing them out.  

4) Some of us have an advantage in that a large fraction of mining equipment is paid off. Lower coin values are a barrier to entry, because of a worse ROI situation. There is a sweet spot where the old timers can make money with there paid down equipment but newbies can't.

On a speculative note, I'm wondering if the BTC situation is similar to the trajectory of the PC. IBM was the first mover and they were kings for about 18 month. They wiped out the near clones (TI, televideo, DEC et al) and then compaq came on the scene and things were never the same. Does the current price of BTC reflect a decay of it's first mover advantage? All other coin crypto has an advantage over BTC, in that they have no governor on their rate of innovation.
Pages:
Jump to: