Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 6. (Read 73472 times)

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
April 18, 2019, 06:10:52 AM
May be you guys will tell me something... I started Tribus miner on my CLE215+ miners, but I can see only 30-40 MH/s at the pool side, while there are 5 CLE215+ are installed and I see 156.25 MH/s in miner output. What's wrong?

what pool?

im at tribus on zergpool, just now my three 215+ show 134 at the console, 128 at zergpool. seen it go from 85 to 150.

varies a bit just refresh and youll get sometimes wildly different values poolside.

also make sure youre running the latest miner and bitstream, there are several floating about,

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
April 18, 2019, 02:47:46 AM
May be you guys will tell me something... I started Tribus miner on my CLE215+ miners, but I can see only 30-40 MH/s at the pool side, while there are 5 CLE215+ are installed and I see 156.25 MH/s in miner output. What's wrong?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
April 16, 2019, 02:22:06 PM
LTC or BTC mining is useless, these coins are owned by ASICs and you won't get any profit with Acorns.
we're not getting any kind of a profit from the current alt coins, at least you would be able to easily exchange your litecoin or bitcoin pennies from exchanges, then having to wade through the garbage exchanges that run Zen Protocol or Denarius.

Even the cheap free EazyMiner had a Bitcoin/Litecoin miner built into it and I messed around with that when I knew very little about mining and all I had was a Core i5 with a cheap Radeon HD8350 GPU, so I primarily mined LTC to f2pool and made a measly 0.00000792.   Now if a CPU could do that, certainly a FPGA could do better than that with LTC.
Bullshit, showing you don't anything about the current altcoin markets.
fuck-off kiss ass. You added nothing to this discussion except shill.  Now you are trying to start shit, saying I am bullshit.

YOU'RE THE ONE FULL OF SHIT! 

You can't even get FPGA mining can't be profitable when ASICs can mine a coin, so DYOR.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
April 15, 2019, 12:11:24 PM
LTC or BTC mining is useless, these coins are owned by ASICs and you won't get any profit with Acorns.
we're not getting any kind of a profit from the current alt coins, at least you would be able to easily exchange your litecoin or bitcoin pennies from exchanges, then having to wade through the garbage exchanges that run Zen Protocol or Denarius.

Even the cheap free EazyMiner had a Bitcoin/Litecoin miner built into it and I messed around with that when I knew very little about mining and all I had was a Core i5 with a cheap Radeon HD8350 GPU, so I primarily mined LTC to f2pool and made a measly 0.00000792.   Now if a CPU could do that, certainly a FPGA could do better than that with LTC.
Bullshit, showing you don't anything about the current altcoin markets.
fuck-off kiss ass. You added nothing to this discussion except shill.  Now you are trying to start shit, saying I am bullshit.

YOU'RE THE ONE FULL OF SHIT! 
legendary
April 14, 2019, 03:14:08 PM
it needs cooling on the vrm chip to hit those clocks. sqrl will be sending heatsinks for it to all 215 owners who request it, free of charge.
This I did not know about.  Does that include 215+ owners as well?

i forgot the plus sign.

yes, free vrm heatsinks for the 215+.. i think the 215 too but am not sure as i didnt pay attention if its for the 215 as all i have are 215+
April 13, 2019, 05:31:28 PM

April 13, 2019, 01:50:39 PM
April 13, 2019, 12:20:31 PM
what is tribus a coin or a miner software name?

None, it's an algorithm.

thank you so based on this

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/denarius-dnr/
https://whattomine.com/coins/187-dnr-tribus

so what are stats on the acorn 215+ for this coin?

I see if it does 300mh  at 45 watts I earn 177 in a year based on 10 cent power

that means the 215+ could be okay.

that would be  cool

A single CLE-215+ acorn can do 50MH 'at best' mining Tribus/Denarius  and that's really at best meaning if add VRM heatsinks to the device as they are poorly thermal cooled.

to bad a shit coin garbage miner offered.  oh well
yeah, I don't know why they run to bottom of the barrel alt coin after the next.  First Zen Protocol and now Denarius. 

I don't get why they cannot make a simple Litecoin or Bitcoin miner.  Oldest cryptocurrencies should be the very basics of any miner.
April 13, 2019, 12:13:12 PM
A single CLE-215+ acorn can do 50MH 'at best' mining Tribus/Denarius  and that's really at best meaning if add VRM heatsinks to the device as they are poorly thermal cooled.

yup 50 mh at 200 mhz clock on the 215+, and it needs cooling on the vrm chip to hit those clocks. sqrl will be sending heatsinks for it to all 215 owners who request it, free of charge. i had already added heatsinks to mine.

i mine at an autoconvert pool and get paid in litecoin.

i mentioned progress is being made based in the fact they said they have onboarded new devs, and we know at least one is working on stuff for the 215, as OhGodaBird seems to have had a large part of the tribus miner. the UI on the miner is much improved and more usable. looks like the groundwork for standalone stuff is being laid out.

so there is still hope. the acorns main advantage is low power, 15-20 watts max when overclocked to within an inch of its life, and lower with more sane clocks.

This I did not know about.  Does that include 215+ owners as well?
legendary
April 13, 2019, 08:49:57 AM

yup 50 mh at 200 mhz clock on the 215+, and it needs cooling on the vrm chip to hit those clocks. sqrl will be sending heatsinks for it to all 215 owners who request it, free of charge. i had already added heatsinks to mine.

i mine at an autoconvert pool and get paid in litecoin.

i mentioned progress is being made based in the fact they said they have onboarded new devs, and we know at least one is working on stuff for the 215, as OhGodaBird seems to have had a large part of the tribus miner. the UI on the miner is much improved and more usable. looks like the groundwork for standalone stuff is being laid out.

so there is still hope. the acorns main advantage is low power, 15-20 watts max when overclocked to within an inch of its life, and lower with more sane clocks.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
April 12, 2019, 08:23:21 PM

None, it's an algorithm.

that would be  cool

April 12, 2019, 02:55:42 PM

None, it's an algorithm.

that would be  cool

legendary
April 12, 2019, 02:37:07 PM

None, it's an algorithm.

that would be  cool
April 12, 2019, 01:55:19 PM

None, it's an algorithm.
legendary
April 12, 2019, 10:31:30 AM
This project turned out to be one big joke, i feel ashamed that i supported it, GPUHoarder has become a crying child, no shit people are mad after waiting almost a year, live with it, you cant start crying about it when you havent given people what they paied for. Im happy i got rid of my cle 215's, but i guess ill always have my 2 cle101 on the desk reminding me not to buy shit from new starters.

Just my 2 satoshis.

as an owner of 3 acorns and a couple nests, i cant say im pleased with whats happened. however progress is being made. another stand alone miner for acorns has been released, tribus. this one is a lot more polished. and more stand alone miners are planned.

as for gpu assist, seems ip rights are a part of the delay for the gpu assist miner.

it has been mentioned that stand alone miners will be much more prominent than originally anticipated. partly because of lost opportunity, and partly due to the overall price of crypto. the gpu assist miner is still on for release once the ip rights are figured out.

again i cant say im happy, but i knew the risks when i ordered. as in, i put in an amount i was fine with losing and kissed that money goodbye. if it works out, great. if not, my fault for backing the wrong horse..

however the market seems to be recovering, so there is a slight chance they may actually roi. which would e nice.

anyone considering ordering acorns i of course suggest waiting.

legendary
April 12, 2019, 06:07:38 AM
This project turned out to be one big joke, i feel ashamed that i supported it, GPUHoarder has become a crying child, no shit people are mad after waiting almost a year, live with it, you cant start crying about it when you havent given people what they paied for. Im happy i got rid of my cle 215's, but i guess ill always have my 2 cle101 on the desk reminding me not to buy shit from new starters.

Just my 2 satoshis.

as an owner of 3 acorns and a couple nests, i cant say im pleased with whats happened. however progress is being made. another stand alone miner for acorns has been released, tribus. this one is a lot more polished. and more stand alone miners are planned.

as for gpu assist, seems ip rights are a part of the delay for the gpu assist miner.

it has been mentioned that stand alone miners will be much more prominent than originally anticipated. partly because of lost opportunity, and partly due to the overall price of crypto. the gpu assist miner is still on for release once the ip rights are figured out.

again i cant say im happy, but i knew the risks when i ordered. as in, i put in an amount i was fine with losing and kissed that money goodbye. if it works out, great. if not, my fault for backing the wrong horse..

however the market seems to be recovering, so there is a slight chance they may actually roi. which would e nice.

anyone considering ordering acorns i of course suggest waiting.

Activity: 68
Merit: 4
April 11, 2019, 09:14:38 PM

Just my 2 satoshis.
Activity: 66
Merit: 4
April 02, 2019, 02:36:46 AM
Interesting to see that this is actually going nowhere. On the Discord I asked a simple question a few months ago about publishing some Benchmark results.
The guys responded with really idiotic answers like, it`s hardware configuration dependant bla bla... but yet no one could post any results even the developers....

I feel for the guys who spent their $ on product that has no backing results or even working product after several months.
Question everyone is asking, how do you develop hardware, advertise it, ship it, and there was no way to even test if actually works. Fishy isn't it?
Activity: 208
Merit: 3
April 02, 2019, 01:35:43 AM
Waiting for godot !

I think the acceleration for more than one low-end-gpu, never will work with a acorn.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
April 01, 2019, 10:48:32 PM
Well it all depends on what you believe, if you believe the remnants of mineority and sqrl then there's a patent dispute, a work around in development. I think everyone can agree that if you are buying for only GPU Acceleration, wait. If you have already bought and aren't looking to wait any longer, then sell.

I am just wondering how would you plan on selling?  
Would you disclose all the info available about the hw/sw; that the only thing you can do with the $300 hw you've is mine zp which will make you $3-$5 or would you just advertise here's a $300 hw.  
and you can accelerate GPU hashrate with it once miner is released?

If you're the buyer would you buy it from the seller who tells you that?
Pages:
Jump to: