Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 7. (Read 73472 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1
April 01, 2019, 12:42:22 PM
^
you don't get it, the SQRL Miner software is a joke.

I said April 1st back in January as a joke, thinking surely it would be released sooner than that.    It is now April 1st and we are no further than we were 4-5 months ago.

http://reozeo.com/tharcade/fpgajoke.png

April 01, 2019, 11:45:24 AM
It's April 1st and there is still no miner.  The Joke is on us at this point. 

Here's a summary of what's happened this weekend.   Roll Eyes

A sucker customer realize it was a ruse.  Followed by a fanboy coming to the defense.  Grin

More BS from GPUHoarder that gets quickly figured out as a ruse which prompts more kiss-ass fanboys to the defense.

Triggered happy mod Dreams gives a ridiculous defense of GPUHoarder.

http://reozeo.com/tharcade/dream_describes_GPUH.JPG  Shocked

So in other words GPUHoarder is like the immortal 'Bad Place' Shawn (from The Good Place).

Clip 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5wIF8enuWU

So Be kind, be emotionless, be grateful! because it is GPUHoarder's mercy that you are allowed to have any hopes of software SQRL promised and will never deliver.  Roll Eyes
March 20, 2019, 12:25:43 PM
received my upgrade 215+ for my 101 yesterday.

it comes with a prepaid shipping label, just toss the 101 in it and mail it back. there is no deposit or anything, they just trust you to mail back the 101. my 101 was modded too as i had thermal epoxied an additional heatsink the the voltage regulator. they said that was fine.

so, my cost to upgrade a single 101 to a 215+, shipped to the USA, was $55. $35 for the upgrade, $20 for shipping, and that $20 covers shipping both ways.

i gather those in other countries have far higher shipping costs and are not happy. there are ideas being floated about setting up central points in some countries to ship the acorns back to for cheaper. dunno how thats panning out though.

also, the acorn warranty does not start till the miner comes out. so, looks forever warranties right now.
At least when we resell these paper weights on Craigslist or ebay we can include "Under Warranty" in the listing.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
March 20, 2019, 08:17:40 AM
received my upgrade 215+ for my 101 yesterday.

it comes with a prepaid shipping label, just toss the 101 in it and mail it back. there is no deposit or anything, they just trust you to mail back the 101. my 101 was modded too as i had thermal epoxied an additional heatsink the the voltage regulator. they said that was fine.

so, my cost to upgrade a single 101 to a 215+, shipped to the USA, was $55. $35 for the upgrade, $20 for shipping, and that $20 covers shipping both ways.

i gather those in other countries have far higher shipping costs and are not happy. there are ideas being floated about setting up central points in some countries to ship the acorns back to for cheaper. dunno how thats panning out though.

also, the acorn warranty does not start till the miner comes out. so, looks forever warranties right now.
March 18, 2019, 02:08:12 PM
This company Ponzi has become the 3D Realms of cryptocurrency hardware.  

Making vaporware with a Release Date: When it's Done.  

At least 3D Realms did show they could produce legit games prior to the 11 year development run of Duke Nukem Forever that was ultimately a flop.

There is no back history of SQRL showing they produced anything substantial.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
March 16, 2019, 06:50:04 AM
Those interested in the realistic future of GPU mining support by Acorn should probably read some comments by one of the developers (unrelated to SQRL), on Discord, starting 10:03 on Feb 13

They should be posting that here shit here as this is the place they came to shill their crap in the first place.
I'd also like more information brought to Bitcointalk but for some reason a majority of FPGA stays away from Bitcointalk. I'm not sure why but I'd like it to be a major area on here.

Justice/truth fears no observer.  Of course they need to be in self modded chats.  For obvious reasons.  Snake oil sales men unite! 

BR
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
March 16, 2019, 05:08:43 AM
Whatever the issue is, they ought to tell their buyers right away and not keep saying "soon".

They are at least 7 months behind Schedule, in the crypto area it's a lifetime.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
March 15, 2019, 02:12:26 PM
Few months ago bought a X470 mobo to fit 2 acorns on (and use them with 4 RX574), fed up with the wait I'll use a slot for a 1TB SSD. I'm happy the shipping rates and crpyto only payment stopped me from puchasing this vaporware.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
March 15, 2019, 01:10:48 PM
Taking no sides  but fpga discord has some squirrel channels.

Frankly  they are very protective of what has become a big f-up with the acorns.

I would say this I would not want to be the mods for fpga  since it means I end up protecting  the acorn channel
If I modded on discord I would not do so for the acorn channel.
I would be looking to be fully and completely not involved with acorn as a protector of them.  
Since discord is allowing sql-acorn to have a thread/section.
Since the mods protect the section
Since acorns look worse and worse as time goes on
I would want zero involvement with them.
My fear as a mod on discord would be if sql-acorn is sued I would be named

Lucky for me  sqls-acorn  told me last year we don't need or want any help from you.
It is here in this thread way back. That they wanted no escrow from me or any help in any way.

To all that are burnt good money I wish you luck in recovering it. Soon Roll Eyes

phill,  I offered them the same help....and I was also told the same thing.....

glad they did.  saved me a lot of grief  Grin

below is one of the reasons I stopped.  Newbies attack with misstatements

phillipma can you stop with the virtue signaling and dead horse beating? We know....you're sooper smartz for getting out and "wanting nothing to do with SQRL"....yet youre in here almost every day with something to say about them. Im not happy with how things tuned out either but shit or get off the pot m8.

I did 18 posts here in 91 days.

If it were not for mfurman I would have lost 800 dollars.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
March 13, 2019, 11:55:54 PM
Those interested in the realistic future of GPU mining support by Acorn should probably read some comments by one of the developers (unrelated to SQRL), on Discord, starting 10:03 on Feb 13

They should be posting that here shit here as this is the place they came to shill their crap in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
March 13, 2019, 01:59:17 PM

Frankly  they are very protective of what has become a big f-up with the acorns.

I would say this I would not want to be the mods for fpga  since it means I end up protecting  the acorn channel
I would be looking to be fully and completely not involved with acorn as a protector of them.  

Lucky for me  sqls-acorn  told me last year we don't need or want any help from you.
It is here in this thread way back. That they wanted no escrow from me or any help in any way.

To all that are burnt good money I wish you luck in recovering it. Soon Roll Eyes

phill,  I offered them the same help....and I was also told the same thing.....
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
March 13, 2019, 10:45:51 AM
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
March 11, 2019, 03:17:50 AM
phillipma can you stop with the virtue signaling and dead horse beating? We know....you're sooper smartz for getting out and "wanting nothing to do with SQRL"....yet youre in here almost every day with something to say about them. Im not happy with how things tuned out either but shit or get off the pot m8.
Activity: 69
March 11, 2019, 12:57:12 AM

Really Phillip? Lol yeah im gonna name some randoms from a discord they moderate. Its a public forum just like this, in no way are they tied to SQRL any more than you would be having posted there.

smh, a dude with ur rep saying stupid things like that come on.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
March 10, 2019, 02:18:16 PM
[...] Soon Roll Eyes

ah so i see youre familiar with the sqrl-acorn channel  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
March 10, 2019, 11:52:42 AM

the mods are the same for bittware

the mods are the same for acorn
March 09, 2019, 11:20:14 PM

Shows how much your useless trolling has gotten you, if you dont even know dream is unpaid for modding and has no affiliation with SQRL. Time to sell ur shit for 5 $ and move on.
idc all you have said is that he works as a moderator for free on their discord channel (still work), and that the company produces shit.

Tell me something that I don't know. 
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
March 09, 2019, 08:48:30 PM
I can confirm that Dream is not a SQRL employee, nor are the other mods on Discord (thought it was common knowledge actually).
Activity: 86
Merit: 3
March 09, 2019, 07:39:20 PM
They muted me for three days for asking if people remember "Cold Fusion" that became so "promising" in 1989  Grin  I trully think that those snippets of infor from GPUHoarder are just becoming funny and those two support people are like mushrooms

They muted me there as well  Mods there are easily triggered now.  

Their efforts to put something out to back their website claims is looking more and more like a joke with each new passing week.

I have been showing my co-worker who's into cryptocurrency mining the ridiculous of SQRL research, he wisely gone the used Z9 mini route and I stupidly went with these overpriced crash easy 215+ acorns.  I had no idea going FPGA over ASIC would turn into such a tremendous flop.
"easily triggered" I've looked at your recent post history on discord and was wondering why no one muted you before. It's only temporary and the goal is to see individuals who are unmuted to return back to less "troll" discussions in the hardware channels.

Ever since we became stricter on muting trolls who have no intention of actually contributing to any discussion, more productive talk has happened in discord and less shit is posted every day in the wrong channels. People that were given a time out have come back to the discussion less toxic or resolved their issues in PMs. It's not an objective of mine to mute people who have negative things to say against SQRL or any company, criticize them all you want but there is a line that needs to be drawn for some people who take it too far.
Could it be because I hardly post on your FPGA discord since sensing you becoming extremely triggered. 

Like the time you bitched down my back for posting a non-offensive gif image and tried to make a big deal out of it. 

So spare us your damage control. 

The only thing we want here is that company you work for to produce what they claim 8 months ago was achievable. 
Silencing out the customers for statements or snarky reactions to your company's incompetence and failure to produce anything viable is a reflection on YOU and SQRL not the customer.   

It didn't matter if it was offensive or not, every image or GIF posted that is not related to the topic of the channel is removed. There is no damage to control, just trolls to mute. I'm pretty sure you're the incompetent one here... I do not work for SQRL nor do any members of the moderation team, work for any company that has a channel in the discord server.
Activity: 69
March 09, 2019, 07:31:00 PM
They muted me for three days for asking if people remember "Cold Fusion" that became so "promising" in 1989  Grin  I trully think that those snippets of infor from GPUHoarder are just becoming funny and those two support people are like mushrooms

They muted me there as well  Mods there are easily triggered now.  

Their efforts to put something out to back their website claims is looking more and more like a joke with each new passing week.

I have been showing my co-worker who's into cryptocurrency mining the ridiculous of SQRL research, he wisely gone the used Z9 mini route and I stupidly went with these overpriced crash easy 215+ acorns.  I had no idea going FPGA over ASIC would turn into such a tremendous flop.
"easily triggered" I've looked at your recent post history on discord and was wondering why no one muted you before. It's only temporary and the goal is to see individuals who are unmuted to return back to less "troll" discussions in the hardware channels.

Ever since we became stricter on muting trolls who have no intention of actually contributing to any discussion, more productive talk has happened in discord and less shit is posted every day in the wrong channels. People that were given a time out have come back to the discussion less toxic or resolved their issues in PMs. It's not an objective of mine to mute people who have negative things to say against SQRL or any company, criticize them all you want but there is a line that needs to be drawn for some people who take it too far.
Could it be because I hardly post on your FPGA discord since sensing you becoming extremely triggered. 

Like the time you bitched down my back for posting a non-offensive gif image and tried to make a big deal out of it. 

So spare us your damage control. 

The only thing we want here is that company you work for to produce what they claim 8 months ago was achievable. 
Silencing out the customers for statements or snarky reactions to your company's incompetence and failure to produce anything viable is a reflection on YOU and SQRL not the customer.   

Shows how much your useless trolling has gotten you, if you dont even know dream is unpaid for modding and has no affiliation with SQRL. Time to sell ur shit for 5 $ and move on.
Pages:
Jump to: