Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 13. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 08, 2019, 04:42:31 PM
I'm kinda frustrated that I dropped cash on this to buy it early through their store.  Now it's available for anyone with a credit card and we're all still waiting on software.
So you're mad you don't have to pay interest? I don't get the issue you're having. You either are okay with paying the cost or not.

he paid with 6500 dollar btc

so if he gets a refund in btc it will be worth 4000. 

If he paid with a cc  it would be cash to cash.

I paid with 6500 dollar btc about 800  which was  around 0.123 btc

When I was refunded in btc btc was about 6500 which was around 0.123 btc.  I think I had a net profit of 6 bucks.

Thanks to M Furman complaining endlessly about the software I dedeuced he was correct and software would not show up.
So I was okay.  But those that stuck it out and paid  0.123 btc like I paid  if they got a refund today it would be .123 which is worth

0.123 x 4025 = 495 usd a 305 loss.

The smart people that waited and waited and waited can now order on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07LCWPDTH/ref=dp_olp_0?
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
January 07, 2019, 01:01:07 PM
I'm kinda frustrated that I dropped cash on this to buy it early through their store.  Now it's available for anyone with a credit card and we're all still waiting on software.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 07, 2019, 12:10:47 PM
I might be fucked up on cold medicine too but I'm pretty sure you're talking about the acorn accelerating GPUs via USB? My first task is to get it solo mining via USB since it won't need 4 pci lanes to take full advantage of it.

cold medicine ftw!

possibly accelerating a gpu. depends on the acorn to gpu bandwidth i get on my machines. always nice to have options in case i want to offload some bandwidth to the other side of the pch.

solo mining needs far less, i think one lane or just usb 3 (maybe 2) would do for solo, at least for the solo zp miner we currently have.
legendary
January 06, 2019, 03:25:01 PM
I have just bought an adapter and I am going to try my own test, it could have just been the adapter he had, lets hope that is the case. I think he said he thought the issue was to do with the lanes it was using but I don't think that's how it works when interfacing via USB.

usb 3.1 controllers picks up pcie lanes iirc.

i would definitely love to know of a known to work with acorns usb to m2 adapter. as i have the feeling my current two mining mobos may wind up with some acorns on the wrong side of the PCH as the 1080tis i want to pair them up with. of course the usb may be on the wrong side too but i think it depends on which usb ports i use on the mobo.. wont know till the Soon (tm) to be released gpu boost miner arrives.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
January 06, 2019, 02:53:49 PM
Can you build Acorns with thunderbolt interface ? Thunderbolt makes 40 GBit/s , now.

usb or thunderbolt acorns would be cool.

dude on discord tried a usb to m2 adapter but it didnt work. not sure if it was under linux or windows or the exact model. he said a nvme ssd worked on it but not the acorns.
I have just bought an adapter and I am going to try my own test, it could have just been the adapter he had, lets hope that is the case. I think he said he thought the issue was to do with the lanes it was using but I don't think that's how it works when interfacing via USB.

usb 3.1 controllers picks up pcie lanes iirc.
January 05, 2019, 02:28:57 PM
I think the Acorns are good hardware for a very good price.
I like the m2 interface.

Can you build Acorns with thunderbolt interface ? Thunderbolt makes 40 GBit/s , now.

Acorns can work using thunderbolt too.  I recall that being mentioned in discord
legendary
January 05, 2019, 09:01:26 AM

usb or thunderbolt acorns would be cool.

dude on discord tried a usb to m2 adapter but it didnt work. not sure if it was under linux or windows or the exact model. he said a nvme ssd worked on it but not the acorns.
Activity: 208
Merit: 3
January 05, 2019, 07:17:57 AM
I think the Acorns are good hardware for a very good price.
I like the m2 interface.

January 04, 2019, 03:17:28 PM
TOTALY SCAM
Yeah, Bitstreams are being delivered on the expensive unit, hosting is complete even for the Mineority units they have taken up hosting to be kind since Mineority collapsed and they took on most of their employees, they shipped out all hardware and not a single person has an issue getting a refund. There is already a bitstream to keep users occupied while the main software is released, they also released it for the lower end models that originally weren't going to have solo mining bitstreams. It's literally a holiday and most people including myself are off today and have been since around the 25th or running skeleton staff.

So please tell me why you think "TOTALY SCAM"

It's a beta/test software for the HW nothing that was actually marketed for the Acorn sale.  If it did actually made something and was a reputable coin then it makes sense and be an excuse.
Nobody would work on holiday week. Agreed. And they essentially haven't either?

Regarding BCU hosting voes and other stuff, as a company one would think about it's own product delivery and then take on secondary stuff, unless there are gains involved in that scenario.
Let's be honest now, nobody does anything out of sheer goodwill, especially when their own stuff is incomplete.

I really hope we get the miner in coming weeks and not months.
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
January 04, 2019, 07:02:00 AM
TOTALY SCAM
Yeah, Bitstreams are being delivered on the expensive unit, hosting is complete even for the Mineority units they have taken up hosting to be kind since Mineority collapsed and they took on most of their employees, they shipped out all hardware and not a single person has an issue getting a refund. There is already a bitstream to keep users occupied while the main software is released, they also released it for the lower end models that originally weren't going to have solo mining bitstreams. It's literally a holiday and most people including myself are off today and have been since around the 25th or running skeleton staff.

u can ask everyone who buy ACORNS this shit not even work to boost gpu... and the shipment delay about 6 month....
Activity: 104
Merit: 44
January 03, 2019, 06:18:33 AM

Which mining software are you running???

BTW, I asked the exact same question (in regards to the figures posted) to everyone in the discord channel and they just told me "Math"  Huh Huh
z-enemy or t-rex on HiveOS. both are nearly identical fast.
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
January 03, 2019, 05:44:46 AM
TOTALY SCAM

Just received an Email about refunding my ETC I paid with for the Acorns. I was really excited to see something like this but now that it's 3+ ? months behind with very little communication unless you browse the bitcoin.talk forums or discord.

I still haven't gotten my Refund... it's now 2019. I keep asking, Emailing support, going on discord. All I was told was that "Refunds are processing in order". So I'm out $700 way I figure it. Last response about my refund was asking for my wallet which I gave back in Nov 9~. After that I never heard anything. Emailed support again and all they did was forward me to the same girl who was no longer responding to me. Thanks, great support. Emailed them again around Dec 26. Haven't gotten a response back yet.

IMHO this is why people start hating crypto, this shit been happening since 2011, companies promising hardware, then market collapses and they cut and run.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 03, 2019, 05:39:24 AM
The hashrate acceleration Numbers for X16R for example are still the numbers from around june.
e.g. the 1080 ti is claimed with a 1.76x improvement using a CLE215+.

http://squirrelsresearch.com/acorn-cle-215-plus/

Today we have an improved hashrate due to better mining software in comparison to the values without acorns in june.
A throttled 1080 Ti back in june was able to reach around 15 MH/s at 150W Power. Now I have 27 MH/s with the same card, power target and measured power consumption also.

So I expect not a 1.76x improvement with the acorn anymore. Will there be any new numbers released....

I mean Soon(TM)....

Additional ... how can they be able to claim a accurate number like "1.76x" without a running software. Weird ...

Which mining software are you running???

BTW, I asked the exact same question (in regards to the figures posted) to everyone in the discord channel and they just told me "Math"  Huh Huh
Activity: 104
Merit: 44
January 03, 2019, 05:29:57 AM
The hashrate acceleration Numbers for X16R for example are still the numbers from around june.
e.g. the 1080 ti is claimed with a 1.76x improvement using a CLE215+.

http://squirrelsresearch.com/acorn-cle-215-plus/

Today we have an improved hashrate due to better mining software in comparison to the values without acorns in june.
A throttled 1080 Ti back in june was able to reach around 15 MH/s at 150W Power. Now I have 27 MH/s with the same card, power target and measured power consumption also.

So I expect not a 1.76x improvement with the acorn anymore. Will there be any new numbers released....

I mean Soon(TM)....

Additional ... how can they be able to claim a accurate number like "1.76x" without a running software. Weird ...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 03, 2019, 03:47:55 AM
I do not understand why they would be selling Acorn on Amazon without real software to run it. I know that many will disagree with me but SQRL made themselves irrelevant but the miner delay (they were constantly saying that SQRL miner will come with Acorn release.

Yes, they shouldn't be doing this.  It's false advertising.  If anything, they need to disclose that on the product description.....

It's quite funny.  If you scroll down on the Amazon product description under "Customer Questions and Answers", someone asks when the software will be available to use these and SQRL actually responds "An alpha version of the software is currently available. A beta version will be available soon, followed by more stable releases."  WHERE?Huh
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
January 02, 2019, 07:54:00 PM
Even better if they would release timing shift for gddr5 cards Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
January 02, 2019, 06:34:27 PM
Saw this in one of the discords.  This was posted and Ethpill was removed.

https://i.gyazo.com/02f2d146f8ed13921f7eb05997b06cfc.png

A SIMILAR POST IN THE ETHLARGEMENTPILL THREAD--

I have been reading in the 'Girl's "Pill" thread, and there is a nearly identical post there.  Here is the link:

[NOTE: The linked post has been removed.  The link below now points  to a nearby renumbered post on the thread.]

LINK: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-1080-1080ti-ethlargement-the-hashrate-hardener-3370685

Glad that I got a copy of the Pill when it was good.  Wolf's old GitHub has been down for a long time...

This (SQRL and Acorns) thread has been good reading.  I'd like to buy into it when it becomes standard fare.       --scryptr
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
January 02, 2019, 05:09:39 PM
I do not understand why they would be selling Acorn on Amazon without real software to run it. I know that many will disagree with me but SQRL made themselves irrelevant by the miner delay (they were constantly saying that SQRL miner will come with Acorn release.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
January 02, 2019, 04:59:47 PM
Saw this in one of the discords.  This was posted and Ethpill was removed.

https://i.gyazo.com/02f2d146f8ed13921f7eb05997b06cfc.png
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 02, 2019, 02:24:02 PM
Well I bailed but let’s look at it from the more expensive end the BCu FPGA s

They were delivered do they have a lot of bitstreams that are worth while?

They are a lot more expensive. Do they have good bitstream options.

I don't understand how's that relevant to Acorn in discussion here Huh.

same company and since the BCUs are 5 to 10 x the money and they made fairly good on them they will most likely make fairly good on this.

ie why scam 1x when you had the chance to scam 10x

It is fucked up for sure but it may work out in the long run.

ie if you get this software in Jan or early Feb and the market takes off it will still be a winner.
Pages:
Jump to: