Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 23. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
November 28, 2018, 10:47:29 AM
Any hashing numbers

on zen protocol in stand alone mode (ie no gpu acceleration, purely the 215+ itself), around 380 mhs for a 215+ @ ~185 clocks. at ~15 watts. 2 core miner (0.11d). someone mentioned thats about what a rx580 does, dunno myself. ive clocked mine up to 191 with no issues. there is no real "stock" clock on acorns as it depends on the bitstream, but 170 (or maybe it was 150?) or so is more or less the recommended starting point for this particular bitstream.

keep in mind this is alpha, unofficial software, and not officially by squirrel.. this is from gpuhoarder done as a quick and dirty proof of concept kind of thing. real numbers will have to wait for the official squirrel miner.

Activity: 163
Merit: 10
November 28, 2018, 09:28:55 AM
Here are some pictures of one of our Threadripper rigs set up at 1:1 ratio with 4 GTX 1080 Ti and 4 Acorn 215+ installed.

do you need a special miner software?
can you explain little more how it works? Hash power etc....before and after....and about "miner" software

Thanks for the pics
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
November 27, 2018, 09:20:44 PM
Any hashing numbers
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
November 27, 2018, 08:25:04 PM
Here are some pictures of one of our Threadripper rigs set up at 1:1 ratio with 4 GTX 1080 Ti and 4 Acorn 215+ installed.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
November 26, 2018, 04:18:36 PM
Still looks like a cool project but still never responded to our emails. There is truth to decent PR and transparency in this arena for sure. I'd be interested to check some of these out myself. Maybe it'll have to be a holiday present request at this point.
Activity: 68
Merit: 4
November 26, 2018, 01:49:04 PM
I may buy them from you  what do you have?

Just have 2 cle 101, and a nest x2 card left, already sold the rest.
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
November 26, 2018, 12:16:22 PM
Least they've delivered the hardware, on several fronts too (Acorns, nests, BCUs), unlike many projects (both crypto and non-crypto related).

The presentation and quality is way up there in comparison to standard PC/mining equipment, I have to say.

Hope the software is soon and as thoughtfully engineered...
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
November 26, 2018, 12:00:33 PM
from what i heard, they took a poll/vote as to releasing the hardware without the software, or wait till the software was done and then ship. i never saw that poll but i would rather have the hardware 1st, as then i was able to test fit stuff and install drivers etc. also, if the hardware is in customers hands, they cant be accused of mining on them while delays (real or imagined) happen.

but i do know what you mean. could of been handled better but hey it is what it is. those who wanted refunds got them.

messing with the alpha stuff is fun (to me at least) but yeah, hardware that more or less just sits there and  blinks lights at you while producing nothing isnt the greatest advertisement for a company.

I would 100% have voted yes for such a pool, but the fact that i was not told by email, or their website that there was a pool, and thereby not allowed to put in my vote, again just tells me its too closed.

I love messing with alpha stuff, but when the customers have to beg others for a link to a private discord with all the info they need from the company they bought from, the fun goes away, they could have been open about this and just given us that link manny months ago, I feel like the best i can do now is not open the packaging it will just degrade my posible selling price.

I may buy them from you  what do you have?
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
November 26, 2018, 11:34:02 AM

I love messing with alpha stuff, but when the customers have to beg others for a link to a private discord with all the info they need from the company they bought from, the fun goes away, they could have been open about this and just given us that link manny months ago, I feel like the best i can do now is not open the packaging it will just degrade my posible selling price.

I think that another problem with sqrl-products Discord is the overwhelming presence of fierce defenders of Acorn and the company itself. GPUHoarder does not even have to say anything because some posters will quash any questions that are "not in line" and attack anyone who dares to have doubts about the beauty of the project
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
November 26, 2018, 10:53:25 AM
Thanks, it doesnt change my mind though, this is way to closed, they should have been fourthcomming and sendt links for that discord on an email to all that had bought from them, when the information we need is there.

to be honest, finding info in discord is a pain in the arse. info is too scattered. i just found the alpha miner link by accident.

they should have set a forum up early on, or had a much better mailing list with much better and up to date info.

+1
November 26, 2018, 10:19:34 AM
from what i heard, they took a poll/vote as to releasing the hardware without the software, or wait till the software was done and then ship. i never saw that poll but i would rather have the hardware 1st, as then i was able to test fit stuff and install drivers etc. also, if the hardware is in customers hands, they cant be accused of mining on them while delays (real or imagined) happen.

but i do know what you mean. could of been handled better but hey it is what it is. those who wanted refunds got them.

messing with the alpha stuff is fun (to me at least) but yeah, hardware that more or less just sits there and  blinks lights at you while producing nothing isnt the greatest advertisement for a company.

I would 100% have voted yes for such a pool, but the fact that i was not told by email, or their website that there was a pool, and thereby not allowed to put in my vote, again just tells me its too closed.

legendary
November 26, 2018, 10:15:22 AM
to be honest, finding info in discord is a pain in the arse. info is too scattered. i just found the alpha miner link by accident.

they should have set a forum up early on, or had a much better mailing list with much better and up to date info.

All you are saying just proves that enthusiastic and talented hardware engineers should not run any companies and deal with people who expect financial gains. I perhaps was never really talented an engineer but I definitely should not have been a manager (early and happily retired now)

yeah, pretty much this.

at least they could of hired a good PR guy. i wont go as far as saying they were misleading people with their roadmap/timeline and such, but things sure went into the weeds as time went on. i do think they have been way more honest and open than most companies in this space. but not everyone can be sidehack, who basically sets the standard as far as openness and honesty.

but as i said before, some of us like the bleeding edge. some of the fun is figuring out how to get things running with minimal instructions and help. im one of those as im into hardware and while profit is nice, learning is fun too.

but for people with profit as 1st priority. well this wasnt the way to do it.

be interesting how things are in a month or so when things are (hopefully) all up to snuff and user friendly.
November 26, 2018, 10:06:53 AM
Thanks, it doesnt change my mind though, this is way to closed, they should have been fourthcomming and sendt links for that discord on an email to all that had bought from them, when the information we need is there.

All you are saying just proves that enthusiastic and talented hardware engineers should not run any companies and deal with people who expect financial gains. I perhaps was never really talented an engineer but I definitely should not have been a manager (early and happily retired now)

legendary
November 26, 2018, 09:34:41 AM

legendary
November 26, 2018, 09:30:33 AM
By the way, I was always told that SQRL miner would be available upon release. Obviously it is far from reality and they neglected it completely. I should also add that I took a refund

November 26, 2018, 09:23:04 AM
try this link.. i think it will expire in a day though.
https://discord.gg/sh8EMf

I agree with you in the sense that this project is very poorly managed and executed. I was almost ostracized in sqrl-products Discord when I was (from the beginning) asking for SQRL miner (to even use it with GPUs) because I felt that software is critical. I am less for excitement and more for financial gains. I do not see them in this project. By the way, I was always told that SQRL miner would be available upon release. Obviously it is far from reality and they neglected it completely. I should also add that I took a refund
November 26, 2018, 09:10:10 AM

legendary
November 26, 2018, 09:04:11 AM
It is a joke, when there is no public link to get into the dicord where the info you need is, and thats my primary reason for letting this one go, i cant get the info i need.
I would be fine with alpha testing, but looks like its limited to the lucky ones in their secret discord.
I hope youre right that someone else wants them.

EDIT: sign up here too, its starting to collect info from discord and present it in a more orderly fashion.

https://thefpgaforum.com/
November 26, 2018, 09:00:11 AM
a joke? hardly. rough patches? sure.

delays and such, they are to be expected. i hope you didnt go into this thinking money was just gonna roll in.

please note, i am not defending squirrel. personally i figured 50/50 on roi in any decent (like a year) time frame. and i am disappointed in the delays, but i factored them in when i ordered. and if i lose money, well thats another factor i took into consideration.

there are folks who have approached me publicly and privately, asking to buy some of my gear, notably the 215+s. im sure someone will contact you if youre selling.

me, im hanging in there. bleeding edge is fine by me, and i dont mind alpha testing.

It is a joke, when there is no public link to get into the dicord where the info you need is, and thats my primary reason for letting this one go, i cant get the info i need.
I would be fine with alpha testing, but looks like its limited to the lucky ones in their secret discord.
I hope youre right that someone else wants them. I have 2 cle 101, 4 cle 215+ and 2 nest 2x cards, and can send tax free within eu, let me know if anyone is intrested.
legendary
November 26, 2018, 08:54:23 AM
This project has become quite a joke, no software yet, got a bunch of useless hardware, one should think that with all the delays they ahould have finished the software by now.
And like always you got to be on some secret discord that is imposible to get into, to get any information on what is going on.
Im done, if anyone from eu is intrested in my acorns and nest cards send me a message and we find a price.

a joke? hardly. rough patches? sure.

delays and such, they are to be expected. i hope you didnt go into this thinking money was just gonna roll in.

please note, i am not defending squirrel. personally i figured 50/50 on roi in any decent (like a year) time frame. and i am disappointed in the delays, but i factored them in when i ordered. and if i lose money, well thats another factor i took into consideration and am willing to accept.

there are folks who have approached me publicly and privately, asking to buy some of my gear, notably the 215+s. im sure someone will contact you if youre selling.

me, im hanging in there. bleeding edge is fine by me, and i dont mind alpha testing.

Pages:
Jump to: