Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 25. (Read 73496 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0
November 23, 2018, 03:55:12 PM
Acorn CLE-215+

Does it have some positive impact also on rigs based on 1080ti ?

How hashrate lookslike ?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
November 22, 2018, 11:48:38 PM
These are arriving. I got my yesterday. I will put up some pics in a bit. I did not have time to get them unpacked until now.
Then I will see about installing them.
[Edit]
Here are some pics in the article. I'm taking better ones for the review.
https://bitsonline.com/squirrels-research-labs-acorn-shipping/
So far the driver pack installed easy for Win10 as well. Digging into it more tomorrow.
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
November 22, 2018, 09:59:35 AM
The fun factor is dwindling. I can safely say crypto burnt me out just a bit. Piles of hw that I should sell but lack the motivation to do so.  I learned a ton of valuable lessons about people and life thru this experience.  That’s what I will take away from all this.  My time is never wasted if I learned something.  Yea some lessons weren’t to my favor but such is life.  It’s been real!

BR

Well, I was going to say wait until the next capitulation cycle but I see you are a member here since May 2014 so... I can only surmise that you just in a bit of a funk and will snap out of it.  Maybe it's just fine to have a lack of motivation for now and then realize how lucky you are to have all that hardware on standby when the price of coin-x moons and makes so much envy in those that don't have hardware  Cool

That’s the problem. It’s just entirely too risky now.  (I’ve already been stuck with a 5k mo power bill last capitulation one would think I would have learned. So this time shame on me)  I’m in the process of pictures and inventory atm.  I didn’t make the move to a data center in the heart of sticking to what I thought made this all great. A decentralized censorship resistant ledger. What we have is exactly the opposite.  With enough money and marketing ones mind can be changed to do dubious things.  Look at all the forks/altcoins.  One doesn’t have to take to far a step back to see that in everyday life.  Greed is not a virtue by which to build a system upon.  Only bad things can come of that.  Sadly I had to learn the hard way.  Had power costs been equal across the world or no advantage can be had owning your own nuclear plant or being able to produce miners or solar panels then maybe just maybe this crypto thing would have worked.  But that’s not the case.  With unequal resources we have centralization. Can’t stop that it’s inherent in nature. Follow the water so to speak.  Well the water is flowing in my little town and now I must focus on building that up.  My biggest fault is I want to see good things for others as well as me. I find I put others first and most times I do the suffering.  It is what it is. Just who I am.  Am I super disappointed this won’t ever be more than a ponzi. Yes  undoubtedly yes! 

BR

Very well said. It is a truism but greed combined with psychopathic personalities can kill any great idea. People cannot stay naive and idealistic for ever
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
November 22, 2018, 08:35:41 AM
The fun factor is dwindling. I can safely say crypto burnt me out just a bit. Piles of hw that I should sell but lack the motivation to do so.  I learned a ton of valuable lessons about people and life thru this experience.  That’s what I will take away from all this.  My time is never wasted if I learned something.  Yea some lessons weren’t to my favor but such is life.  It’s been real!

BR

Well, I was going to say wait until the next capitulation cycle but I see you are a member here since May 2014 so... I can only surmise that you just in a bit of a funk and will snap out of it.  Maybe it's just fine to have a lack of motivation for now and then realize how lucky you are to have all that hardware on standby when the price of coin-x moons and makes so much envy in those that don't have hardware  Cool

That’s the problem. It’s just entirely too risky now.  (I’ve already been stuck with a 5k mo power bill last capitulation one would think I would have learned. So this time shame on me)  I’m in the process of pictures and inventory atm.  I didn’t make the move to a data center in the heart of sticking to what I thought made this all great. A decentralized censorship resistant ledger. What we have is exactly the opposite.  With enough money and marketing ones mind can be changed to do dubious things.  Look at all the forks/altcoins.  One doesn’t have to take to far a step back to see that in everyday life.  Greed is not a virtue by which to build a system upon.  Only bad things can come of that.  Sadly I had to learn the hard way.  Had power costs been equal across the world or no advantage can be had owning your own nuclear plant or being able to produce miners or solar panels then maybe just maybe this crypto thing would have worked.  But that’s not the case.  With unequal resources we have centralization. Can’t stop that it’s inherent in nature. Follow the water so to speak.  Well the water is flowing in my little town and now I must focus on building that up.  My biggest fault is I want to see good things for others as well as me. I find I put others first and most times I do the suffering.  It is what it is. Just who I am.  Am I super disappointed this won’t ever be more than a ponzi. Yes  undoubtedly yes! 

BR
Activity: 6
November 22, 2018, 12:04:11 AM
Here are a couple quick pictures of our Acorns that arrived today.  I don't know if we will get a chance to do anything with them for a few days with all the Thanksgiving holiday stuff going on right now.

https://i.imgur.com/M8gCxNZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nubFcdt.jpg

My apologies for the cheap cell phone quality pictures.

Mine are sitting at customs and should be here tomorrow. But I guess we can't use them until they release the software...
Activity: 62
Merit: 3
November 21, 2018, 11:11:46 PM

BR

Probably the best summation I've heard yet about crypto.  Having jumped ship twice I'm sticking this one out on the FPGA ride though.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
November 21, 2018, 07:35:54 PM
Here are a couple quick pictures of our Acorns that arrived today.  I don't know if we will get a chance to do anything with them for a few days with all the Thanksgiving holiday stuff going on right now.

My apologies for the cheap cell phone quality pictures.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
November 20, 2018, 05:35:52 PM

BR

November 20, 2018, 03:41:59 PM
Have anyone gotten their refund yet for the acorns ?

I have. Mining is almost over for me
November 20, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

BR

My sentiment as well (almost word for word)
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
November 20, 2018, 03:07:47 PM

I was fully refunded  about nov 1st

It took me emails back and forth and I still havent been refunded... now Cryptos down great couldnt even recoup the crypto "investment" now.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
November 20, 2018, 02:59:54 PM
looks like people will have gear by monday the 26th

be fun to see how well it works.

good luck  to all that have it.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
November 20, 2018, 02:34:50 PM
on the way with Fedex Priority , supposedly to hit EU friday evening.

no software available tho yet.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
November 20, 2018, 01:53:40 PM
My order has shipped also.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
November 20, 2018, 01:44:08 PM
well, just got an email from squirrel, my two 215+, 101, nest4x and nest2x have tracking labels printed.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
November 19, 2018, 10:48:13 PM

I was fully refunded  about nov 1st
November 19, 2018, 09:37:18 PM
Our tracking number has been updated and the order is now in the hands of FedEx; I'll post a picture of the Acorns when they arrive (looks like we will get them Wed).

what does the status say for the acorns in the minority store account? did it change from paid to something else?

also when did you order?

We placed our first order within an hour after they opened up sales on the first day.  Order #173 I think it was.  I can't check the store status right now.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
November 19, 2018, 08:12:16 PM
Our tracking number has been updated and the order is now in the hands of FedEx; I'll post a picture of the Acorns when they arrive (looks like we will get them Wed).

what does the status say for the acorns in the minority store account? did it change from paid to something else?

also when did you order?
Activity: 18
November 19, 2018, 07:55:28 PM
My order of acorns is also in fedex's hands and on the way. Scheduled to reach me this Wednesday.
November 19, 2018, 05:37:30 PM
Pages:
Jump to: