Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 3. (Read 73472 times)

legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
November 07, 2019, 02:00:13 AM
Yes or in their words 'for developers'. They also have a weird ethos of 'not making money printing machines', which to be honest is quite convoluted. That's why we're all here. You can't fund a million dollar company mass producing fpgas with no real application for those fpgas besides developers (which is essentially hobbyists). I'm sure there is a private developer somewhere making bank off private bitstreams, but for common folk that's not us. We just eat the development cost through empty promises for someone else to profit off of.

I stand corrected, FKs are now $1500, so early adopters myself got screwed out of $500 per unit by buying two months ago. That's a significant amount of money.

Thanks for the reply, sorry the best i can do is give you a +sM. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
November 07, 2019, 01:56:47 AM
Yes or in their words 'for developers'. They also have a weird ethos of 'not making money printing machines', which to be honest is quite convoluted. That's why we're all here. You can't fund a million dollar company mass producing fpgas with no real application for those fpgas besides developers (which is essentially hobbyists). I'm sure there is a private developer somewhere making bank off private bitstreams, but for common folk that's not us. We just eat the development cost through empty promises for someone else to profit off of.

I stand corrected, FKs are now $1500, so early adopters myself got screwed out of $500 per unit by buying two months ago. That's a significant amount of money.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
November 07, 2019, 01:44:05 AM
So basically these things are still just doorstops?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
November 06, 2019, 07:52:41 PM
No, Sqrl essentially never supported Acorns and didn't release any new bitstreams for them (there is a ancient slightly improved Tribus miner). GPU assist was never working, nor was any real effort put into commissioning a third party. A community member attempted to get a contractor to do it and ended up getting screwed as he didn't specify particulars (I told him to make sure he did this, however I don't have the technical background to make suggestions on it). Other 'helpful' community members who have technical background to make suggestions never offered before hand, but said similar after the fact. That's about the extent of the community on the discord.

Refunds are backlogged roughly 3-4 months. I bought Forestkittens and was offered a refund after it became apparent it was smoke and mirrors (lots of pretending things aren't what they are, including not offering concrete numbers on anything). I opted to not receive it as it currently seems as though the company doesn't prioritize things that make money (miners) or if they do they aren't public and mining is a side gig, which you'll receive the same level of commitment. I'm more interested in owning something then owning IOUs if the company goes the way it's starting to look like.

Currently Acorns are essentially just a toy they threw at a lot of people then never followed up with (some people have a lot of money invested in those, I have two), but have every excuse as to why that didn't happen. Truth of that is they never really went out of their way to commission a third party and their solo bitstreams aren't remotely worth it. Hard to believe a random community member has better connections then a FPGA company? Forestkittens ($2000) are starting to look as though they're in the same boat. With a $.50/d revenue bitstream for x16rv2 that has been out for a month and no communication from the development team. They've been released for about two months now, so take that for what it is.

I've been privy to private information that there was a another algo available prior to launch for FKs, however in a smaller coin emission market that they don't share with the public. I'm sure currently running it internally. Once again take that for what it's worth.

Also don't click links from unknown sources. FPGA guide is legit, not sure what that other website is. There is a FPGA discord, of which the majority of this information is available on. https://discord.gg/25DpDCS

If you are a bitstream developer, you should drop by, they definitely could use the help.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
October 28, 2019, 07:32:13 AM

Thought I’d share this here since you post it often. Br. Check your computer

https://qr.ae/TWHxAd

interesting. thanks for the link.

hunted around the windows computer i use for discord and found nothing related to "discord" in my programs list or any of my %appdata% folders. i only run discord through my browser though, i never installed any specific discord app on the computers. perhaps thats why? i need to look into this further as the web version of discord says it updates itself on occasion so something related to discord is persistent on the computer.

i do use discord a lot on my phone though. just like phil mentioned about mac versions, i now wonder about android..
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
October 28, 2019, 01:22:22 AM
need a bit more info as to what m2 slots are used etc. some mobos disable m2 if other ports are in use. also are or have they  been flashed?

anyway best bet for support is the sqrl acorn discord. invite below may expire in a day not sure.

go to

https://discord.gg/U5KKaG

that should link you to the fpga discord then go to #sqrl-acorn.

EDIT: try here too
https://fpga.guide/en/howto-mine-acorn/

nice info I wonder if Mac is safe from it
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
October 27, 2019, 09:23:06 PM
need a bit more info as to what m2 slots are used etc. some mobos disable m2 if other ports are in use. also are or have they  been flashed?

anyway best bet for support is the sqrl acorn discord. invite below may expire in a day not sure.

go to

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
October 05, 2019, 02:17:22 PM
Anyone got their money back with this scam?
I had one FPGA and i think 2 acorns ordered when they came out, just to test it out and write reviews on them.  Cancelled pretty soon after that when they moved to discord, etc.  Took a while to get refunded but after constant messages and requests, including posting updates on bitcointalk and elsewhere, they figured it would better to reimburse me rather than have negative publicity I guess.  A couple others like me got reimbursed.  Paid back with bitcoin, prices were about the same so no significant loss for me.  But what a shitshow.  good luck

This is what happened for me.  I pretty much followed frank's logic and also was refunded.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 05, 2019, 02:45:50 AM
Sorry to budge in. But does anyone have a Acorn 215 with their PCIe adapter for sale? Doesn't seem to be able to be shipped on their site. I kind just want it for the novelty.
Activity: 510
Merit: 31
CryptoDude
September 16, 2019, 02:25:24 AM
Will it come bitstream for these acorn, or are they just bs??
Activity: 1264
Merit: 138
September 05, 2019, 12:43:14 PM
I am very frustrated with my pair of CLE-215+.

I am trying to run them under Ethos and Windows with several hardware configurations, but the system is unable to detect the Acorns. I have tested so far:

- Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ MoBo with Ethos. Drivers from SQRL and AcornMiner. Result: "I/ACORNMINER   : Failed to get a valid list of Acorn device paths. Is the Acorn Driver installed?"
- Asus Prime Z270-P MoBo with Ethos. Same result as before.
- Laptop with NVMe to USB adapter with Windows 10 and SQRL drivers. The Acorn powers on but it is not recognized.

Am I missing something? Any help would really be appreciated.

Hank,

Ive got 8 acorn been mining since Dec 2018 on Ethos. 
Im using Asrock Z170 Extreme mother boards running 3-4 each.  Then one in a DP3M board with single M.2
The H110 Pro BTC board i was not able to get working due to the PCIe lanes or lack there of. 
And i dont believe the NVMe to usb will ever work for this.

I think the problem is the mobos you have tried.  Happy to help you get it running.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 04, 2019, 10:18:32 AM
I had one FPGA and i think 2 acorns ordered when they came out, just to test it out and write reviews on them.  Cancelled pretty soon after that when they moved to discord, etc.  Took a while to get refunded but after constant messages and requests, including posting updates on bitcointalk and elsewhere, they figured it would better to reimburse me rather than have negative publicity I guess.  A couple others like me got reimbursed.  Paid back with bitcoin, prices were about the same so no significant loss for me.  But what a shitshow.  good luck
legendary
September 04, 2019, 07:37:50 AM
a $150 USD per 215+ coupon for the sqrl store. you can use 2 coupons per item, ie $300 toward any one item.

there are a couple more standalone miners for it planned. gpuassist is still planned afaik.
Activity: 66
Merit: 4
September 04, 2019, 07:23:34 AM
legendary
August 18, 2019, 08:04:33 AM

go to

Activity: 23
August 18, 2019, 04:32:57 AM
I am very frustrated with my pair of CLE-215+.

I am trying to run them under Ethos and Windows with several hardware configurations, but the system is unable to detect the Acorns. I have tested so far:

- Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ MoBo with Ethos. Drivers from SQRL and AcornMiner. Result: "I/ACORNMINER   : Failed to get a valid list of Acorn device paths. Is the Acorn Driver installed?"
- Asus Prime Z270-P MoBo with Ethos. Same result as before.
- Laptop with NVMe to USB adapter with Windows 10 and SQRL drivers. The Acorn powers on but it is not recognized.

Am I missing something? Any help would really be appreciated.
Activity: 4
June 27, 2019, 09:50:21 AM
If gpu acceleration works why has no one else brought out a similar product by now  Huh
Activity: 66
Merit: 4
June 26, 2019, 02:29:34 AM
Pity for the guys who paid $ for a product that has no traction and no working product.
Activity: 86
Merit: 3
June 25, 2019, 10:23:37 PM
GPU acceleration..

Does it work or not?  Sad

any proof? screenshot? video?

Any news on this?

Someone said that the SQRL miner will come out with the release of the FK's, which is supposed to happen SoonTM (a week or two, maybe more?)

"Two Weeks(TM)"

What year is this, 2013?
It's a meme we use on the discord..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
June 25, 2019, 07:14:22 PM
GPU acceleration..

Does it work or not?  Sad

any proof? screenshot? video?

Any news on this?

Someone said that the SQRL miner will come out with the release of the FK's, which is supposed to happen SoonTM (a week or two, maybe more?)

"Two Weeks(TM)"

What year is this, 2013?
Pages:
Jump to: