Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 4. (Read 73472 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 3
June 23, 2019, 03:22:53 PM
GPU acceleration..

Does it work or not?  Sad

any proof? screenshot? video?

Any news on this?

Someone said that the SQRL miner will come out with the release of the FK's, which is supposed to happen SoonTM (a week or two, maybe more?)
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
June 21, 2019, 11:42:29 PM
GPU acceleration..

Does it work or not?  Sad

Any news on this?
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
June 11, 2019, 09:49:55 AM
^^^

https://discord.gg/xgyD59

try this one.

they expire after 24 hours

if you need another lemme know
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 11, 2019, 08:52:02 AM
heres a link to the fpga discord if you dont have one

https://discord.gg/TjUgHG

then #sqrl-acorn

I get invalid invite
Activity: 60
June 04, 2019, 04:15:18 PM

Test it, it looks to fit but others haven't had theirs work.

Sorry, I don't have an Acorn yet but I wanted to see if I could use an adapter if I bought an Acorn.  I had read multiple pages back that someone asked the question but I didn't see a reply and I find  the Discord page virtually impossible to read for more then a few minutes.  I might have to play with screen settings or something but it looks like a jumble of dense text and not a readable narrative.

CreativeReef
Activity: 60
June 04, 2019, 12:38:31 PM
Did anyone conclusively indicate that a USB 3 to NVMe adapter would work or not?  This adapter,  MyDigitalSSD M2X external USB 3.1 Gen 2 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD enclosure adapter is listed as a 2 lane PCIe bridge chipset.  I understand that the Acorn uses 4 lanes so if this worked then it would be with degraded performance.

I would like to use a Acorn in standalone mode but I don't want to buy a new motherboard to support it and I don't have a free PCIe slot for the daughter card.

CreativeReef

legendary
^^^

nothing public yet.

IP issues seem to be the holdup.
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
GPU acceleration..

Does it work or not?  Sad

Activity: 50
Merit: 11

then #sqrl-acorn

Thank you for your kind help and time.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
I have 5 units of 4 m.2 extender (like nest x4) but they are called asus hyper m.2

I am selling 5 units for $40usd each inc shipping

Doesn't have bifurcation so no its not like the nest.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
I have 5 units of 4 m.2 extender (like nest x4) but they are called asus hyper m.2

I am selling 5 units for $40usd each inc shipping

legendary

then #sqrl-acorn
Yes, it used to work in the Nest.
There are status lights on both the Nest and the Acorn.
I am not sure about the gen on the pci slot. I will check it out.
I will try it with a riser if nothing works.
Thanks for directing me to the acorn discord.
 Smiley
legendary
did it ever work at all in the nest?

are there any status lights on either the nest or acorn when its plugged in?

is the pcie slot set to gen 1 or gen 2? it should work gen 3 but i would try setting it to a lower gen.

you could try the nest on a 1x riser just to troubleshoot.

you should head to the fpga acorn discord, they will be far better than i at helping you on this.
Thanks
I suspected the M2 slot on the motherboard to be SATA.
But now in the nest it is not recognized and the fan on the Acorn is not working.
That is the only 16x PCI slot on the motherboard. Should I put it in 1x PCI slot using a riser?
legendary
I removed the Acorn CLE 215+ from the AcornNest X2G and installed it in the M2 slot on my Gigabyte GA-H110-D3A motherboard.
The fan on the Acorn CLE 215+ is working now however the Acorn CLE 215+ is not recognized by the motherboard.
I removed and re-installed the driver but still the motherboard does not recognize the Acorn CLE 215+.

I again put the Acorn CLE 215+ in the AcornNest X2G and to my surprise window 10 x64 does not recognize it.  I removed and re-installed the driver but still the motherboard does not recognize the Acorn CLE 215+.

Does anyone knows what is happening? Anyone had a similar problem?

looked at the manual for that mobo, looks like your M2 is SATA only. needs to be NVMe for acorns to work. but it shouldnt hurt anything by putting it there, just wont get recognized.

as for it not being recognized when back in the nest.. not sure, try moving the nest to another slot.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
For now CLE-215+ can optimize the video card?
No,
It can use the 2 standalone bitstreams that have been released and thats it
I removed the Acorn CLE 215+ from the AcornNest X2G and installed it in the M2 slot on my Gigabyte GA-H110-D3A motherboard.
The fan on the Acorn CLE 215+ is working now however the Acorn CLE 215+ is not recognized by the motherboard.
I removed and re-installed the driver but still the motherboard does not recognize the Acorn CLE 215+.

I again put the Acorn CLE 215+ in the AcornNest X2G and to my surprise window 10 x64 does not recognize it.  I removed and re-installed the driver but still the motherboard does not recognize the Acorn CLE 215+.

Does anyone knows what is happening? Anyone had a similar problem?

Wow, thanks
legendary
How do you guys manage to run your Acorn 215+ miners at clock speeds of 200 mhz?
My Acorn 215+ only runs stable at 50 mhz and if I go higher then it just crashes from overheating.

215+ should be able to do at least 125 mhz (its "stock" speed) easy. make sure it has some air flow in its general area. and check its fan maybe its bad?

to get way past 125 mhz though may need a heatsink on the vrm. there are heatsinks on the vrm now when you order them, if you dont have one email support they will send you one.

all of them are under more or less forever warranties right now as the warranty starts when the gpu assist miner come out. so if all else fails, RMA it.

my three 215+ in a nest4x and with my own vrm heatsinks (not sqrls) run 195mhz 24/7.
Pages:
Jump to: