Pages:
Author

Topic: Advcash | a new "anonymous" bitcoin debit card [EUR & USD] - page 88. (Read 177716 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 257
An exchange gets its rates from the market, it doesn't decide for itself (as with the comparison to an exchange office, it usually isn't  much more than a percent). What it seems like to me is that your rate is the average rate with compensation for a fee (2.5%) added in? Just want to clear things up for me and some others.

There is nothing I can add to what I said above. I'm not sure what the 'average' rate is, average from what? It all depends which marketplaces you include in your statistics. We do not use any 'average' rate. Please understand that we are not a 100% Bitcoin business and we are not there to beat all Bitcoin marketplaces in the world offering the best rate out there at any cost. We offer an e-currency platform with MasterCard and Bitcoin features, and with other fees being more than reasonable (plastic MasterCard for $4.99 is very cheap, for instance), we believe our Bitcoin rate is also competitive.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Ah ok, I was under the impression you were using BitPay's, sorry. Where do you get your exchange rate from (as I've said it's lower for deposits , then higher for withdrawals by several percent). is there a reason for this? Honestly curious.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Where does an exchange office downtown get its exchange rates from? It's their business decision, their way of being competitive and keeping the business viable at the same time. Guess it's the same with us Smiley

An exchange gets its rates from the market, it doesn't decide for itself (as with the comparison to an exchange office, it usually isn't  much more than a percent). What it seems like to me is that your rate is the average rate with compensation for a fee (2.5%) added in? Just want to clear things up for me and some others.
Ah ok, I was under the impression you were using BitPay's, sorry. Where do you get your exchange rate from (as I've said it's lower for deposits , then higher for withdrawals by several percent). is there a reason for this? Honestly curious.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Where does an exchange office downtown get its exchange rates from? It's their business decision, their way of being competitive and keeping the business viable at the same time. Guess it's the same with us Smiley
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Do you use BitPay's  exchange rate? Or do you use your own and have them process the payments?

We use our own exchange rate that you can always see in the header of www.advcash.com

Do you use BitPay's  exchange rate? Or do you use your own and have them process the payments?

We use our own exchange rate that you can always see in the header of www.advcash.com
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
did u received any email or something when it was shipped ?
They send an email like the following one a few hours after the card it's ordered. They are really quick shipping them!
Congratulations!
Congratulations, your plastic Advanced Cash card is ready. We will send it to the address you specified within the next 24 hours. Follow the steps in the manual that comes with the card to get your PIN code. You can use your plastic Advanced Cash MasterCard to withdraw funds in any currency all over the world in all MasterCard ATMs, as well as make no-fee purchases in USD.

Good luck!

Did you actually get it yet? They can say they're shipping and still take weeks.
Their support is very professional. I have just received a response from them within minutes.

They are licensed and legally registered.

I know you really, really want to make money from your signature, but there is a problem and I will send you an appropriate link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

You are promoting a competitor product. And making that competitor look very, very bad by complaining about nothing.

Not complaining nor promoting another card here.
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
I find that outrageous, personally. Technically the don't but they should and have the responsibility to let their users know the true price they're paying rather than being a little sneaky about it. This might not be their true intention, sorry if I'm wrong.

What can be more open and straightforward than showing you the exact exchange rate you will be depositing your BTC at? I probably said this earlier, but when you walk into a bank, you don't call them sneaky because their exchange rate is not the same as you see on Yahoo's currency converter, do you?

As for the 30-60 minute thing, 80% of transactions are completed within this time limit. Some do take a little bit more time. I will have a look at the depositing dialog in our system and make sure it is more informative about this and about how many confirmations we wait for.

Looks like I have missed out on a few questions here, did not get thread reply notifications for some reason. Hit me up in PM or email me directly at [email protected] if you have things to ask.

Have a nice day everybody.

I find that outrageous, personally. Technically the don't but they should and have the responsibility to let their users know the true price they're paying rather than being a little sneaky about it. This might not be their true intention, sorry if I'm wrong.

What can be more open and straightforward than showing you the exact exchange rate you will be depositing your BTC at? I probably said this earlier, but when you walk into a bank, you don't call them sneaky because their exchange rate is not the same as you see on Yahoo's currency converter, do you?

As for the 30-60 minute thing, 80% of transactions are completed within this time limit. Some do take a little bit more time. I will have a look at the depositing dialog in our system and make sure it is more informative about this and about how many confirmations we wait for.

Looks like I have missed out on a few questions here, did not get thread reply notifications for some reason. Hit me up in PM or email me directly at [email protected] if you have things to ask.

Have a nice day everybody.
Did you actually get it yet? They can say they're shipping and still take weeks.

We create and ship the card almost instantly. As soon as we do, it's in the hands of the postal service and as you can understand there is no way for us to interfere with the delivery process from then on. It does take weeks in most cases with free shipping via regular mail, but if you pay $99 for DHL delivery, the card will be personally handed to you in just a few days.
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
They send an email like the following one a few hours after the card it's ordered. They are really quick shipping them!
Congratulations!
Congratulations, your plastic Advanced Cash card is ready. We will send it to the address you specified within the next 24 hours. Follow the steps in the manual that comes with the card to get your PIN code. You can use your plastic Advanced Cash MasterCard to withdraw funds in any currency all over the world in all MasterCard ATMs, as well as make no-fee purchases in USD.

Good luck!

Their support is very professional. I have just received a response from them within minutes.

They are licensed and legally registered.

I know you really, really want to make money from your signature, but there is a problem and I will send you an appropriate link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

You are promoting a competitor product. And making that competitor look very, very bad by complaining about nothing.
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Congratulations!

Good luck!

₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Congratulations!

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have received the physical card. It is a mastercard that comes with your name on it, which has a advancedcash design in the background.
It comes with a chip and a magnetic tape. I have yet to test it.
legendary
- no sign in my email or account if my card was shipped (yet)
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I just received an SMS that they will ship my card in 24 hours, cool  Grin
That is a good detail indeed. I always liked these kind of things - makes me feel safer about the transaction.
legendary
I just received an SMS that they will ship my card in 24 hours, cool  Grin
legendary
Ordered the card.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
Initiating a withdrawal for 1,000,000 USD shows that you will get 4,184.152997 BTC which comes to 239 USD per bitcoin! Shocked
It can depend on the depth of their market, it's better to see with other smaller amount.

Anyway, I see your claims here with a bit of conflicts of interest Wink

Ok you were semi-right with your theory. Higher fees for higher withdrawal amounts, that's even weirder.

1000/4.322092 as per them = 231.36.

That's still 2.2% above average rates..

I suggest you to send them a PM here in the forum or maybe better also an email.

marcotheminer , really, u act in this topic like a girl on period ; if u dont like this card, ignore the topic and stop trying to show us how "bad" this is.

PS : with your attitude u dont really make bit-x to look very good either ...

Nah , everyone can say whatever he wants but start to 'fight' it is not necessary. All we know the difference between these cards, and we are free to choose one of them (and why not, also both the cards Wink).

legendary
marcotheminer , really, u act in this topic like a girl on period ; if u dont like this card, ignore the topic and stop trying to show us how "bad" this is.

PS : with your attitude u dont really make bit-x to look very good either ...
Pages:
Jump to: