Pages:
Author

Topic: Advcash | a new "anonymous" bitcoin debit card [EUR & USD] - page 89. (Read 177716 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Initiating a withdrawal for 1,000,000 USD shows that you will get 4,184.152997 BTC which comes to 239 USD per bitcoin! Shocked
It can depend on the depth of their market, it's better to see with other smaller amount.

Anyway, I see your claims here with a bit of conflicts of interest Wink

Ok you were semi-right with your theory. Higher fees for higher withdrawal amounts, that's even weirder.

1000/4.322092 as per them = 231.36.

That's still 2.2% above average rates..
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Initiating a withdrawal for 1,000,000 USD shows that you will get 4,184.152997 BTC which comes to 239 USD per bitcoin! Shocked
It can depend on the depth of their market, it's better to see with other smaller amount.

I thought someone would pick that up. I don't offer the Bit-X card service.

Anyway they are different, Bit-X's is a debit card, advcash is a prepaid card.
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice

legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Now for withdrawal, hidden, fees.

That's 3.9% from exchange wide average rates (preev.com) and even more at barely under 4% from BitPay's exchange.

So 3.4% to deposit and 4% to withdraw. What the heck.
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
This is the price of Bitpay:
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

This makes it even worse.

BitPay's current rate is 226.23 USD per bitcoin.

I calculated the rate per bitcoin (depositing the max of $1000) and it comes to 222.09 USD per bitcoin.

If advcash doesn't charge any fees, why is their rate much lower than BitPay's official rate (which users should be getting instead)?! Once again, deposit fees are at above 3.4%.. When BitPay's are actually only 1.7%.

What's going on here?
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I find that outrageous, personally. Technically the don't but they should and have the responsibility to let their users know the true price they're paying rather than being a little sneaky about it. This might not be their true intention, sorry if I'm wrong.
For example, OKPay, if I'm not mistaken, lets you know exactly what is the commission for each payment method, even if it's not set by them.
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
it shouldn't be said that there are no fees for deposits (they may not be system fees but they are fees taken by bitpay, which leads to a user getting less per coin than on other exchanges).
Well, they don't take fees - but they should make it clear that BitPay will take their cut, that's a fact.

Yes they technically don't take any fee but their bitcoin price is under the other markets.

I find that outrageous, personally. Technically the don't but they should and have the responsibility to let their users know the true price they're paying rather than being a little sneaky about it. This might not be their true intention, sorry if I'm wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
it shouldn't be said that there are no fees for deposits (they may not be system fees but they are fees taken by bitpay, which leads to a user getting less per coin than on other exchanges).
Well, they don't take fees - but they should make it clear that BitPay will take their cut, that's a fact.

Yes they technically don't take any fee but their bitcoin price is under the other markets.
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
I'd like to argue that there is in fact a universal bitcoin price. As with any currency there are low priced exchanges due to volume so take the top 5 or so bitcoin exchanges with the highest volumes and take an average. I'd strongly believe that advcash''s bitcoin rate is still ~3% under it. Same with withdrawal I assume, coming to around 6% only to deposit and withdraw.

Obviously bitpay needs to take a fee for their service, but it shouldn't be said that there are no fees for deposits (they may not be system fees but they are fees taken by bitpay, which leads to a user getting less per coin than on other exchanges).
legendary
#Free market

So far its been nothing, but a waste of time and money.   

There is no faq to let you now that your deposit will take 6 confirmations so when i was 0.99$ short to load my virtual card it took 2  hours to get funds loaded in my account. Then once i  transferred the funds to my virtual card  i spent 30 minutes trying to buy a game via the site and paypal, till a nice little notifcation popped up saying that funding would be delayed for 24 hours. So i cancel the transfer(Strangely they refund the  1$ card fee, but not the 0.99$ to load it) now i go to convert to bitcoins as site purports and i get this

so i guess im out 47$ bucks, 4 hours of my life and the ability to buy gta v Sad

I was a bit surprised too when they stated a deposit would be cleared between 30 & 60 minutes, when in fact it was 6 confirmations (1 confirmation is plenty already) which took upwards of 2 hours.

Once again I think the 'our fee: no commission" is misleading since BitPay takes a significant cut each time you deposit and I assume withdraw.

Yes I agree with you, but they said:

Is there any fees when depositing with Bitcoin?

You deposit Bitcoin (i.e. fund your USD wallet) at the rate shown on www.advcash.com in the header. There are no extra deposit fees.

and

Sent. That's the thing, your internal exchange rate is lower than on other sites. Around 216 USD per BTC rather than 222 USD per BTC. You get less per BTC if you deposit. So the 0% fee is kind of misleading.

Yeah, I saw your email. I believe there is no universal Bitcoin price and each marketplace has its own and the 'average' price you mentioned really does depend on which marketplaces your include in your statistics, right? If that site included us, maybe the average price would be different Smiley

Either way, for fiat currencies, there is a Forex exchange rate that you see online on various sites and then there is the exchange rate of your local bank which is most likely going to be different, but you can't say that's misleading, can you?

legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

There is no faq to let you now that your deposit will take 6 confirmations so when i was 0.99$ short to load my virtual card it took 2  hours to get funds loaded in my account. Then once i  transferred the funds to my virtual card  i spent 30 minutes trying to buy a game via the site and paypal, till a nice little notifcation popped up saying that funding would be delayed for 24 hours. So i cancel the transfer(Strangely they refund the  1$ card fee, but not the 0.99$ to load it) now i go to convert to bitcoins as site purports and i get this

so i guess im out 47$ bucks, 4 hours of my life and the ability to buy gta v Sad

I was a bit surprised too when they stated a deposit would be cleared between 30 & 60 minutes, when in fact it was 6 confirmations (1 confirmation is plenty already) which took upwards of 2 hours.

Once again I think the 'our fee: no commission" is misleading since BitPay takes a significant cut each time you deposit and I assume withdraw.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Hey guys,

have you heard about https://www.advcash.com/en/ a new (real) [1] anonymous  prepaid card, it doesn't need any type of [2] verify. You can (also) "recharge" it directly with bitcoin and the card costs only 5 dollars.

Here a table with the fee :

Bitcoin - Fee: 0.00%
Paxum Fee: $0.50
Payeer - Fee: 3.00%
OkPay - Fee: 1.50%
Yandex.Money - Fee: 1.50%
Qiwi wallet - Fee: 4.50%
Ecoin - Fee: 2.00%

[1]
Hi everybody, my name is Andrew and I will be happy to answer all your questions about Advanced Cash.

So far I see the usual question about Bitcoin funding commission Smiley You can always see our rate in the header of www.advcash.com. We feel showing the rate instead of a % that the user needs to calculate on their own is just easier for our customers. Every Bitcoin business has their own rate, BitPay, Coinbase, Kraken, Exmo, and so do we. I believe it is a competitive rate especially if you take into account our other low fees and how cheap the plastic MasterCard is ($4.99 if ordered within a week from registration).

As for the card transactions, just go to your history and click a transaction you want to know about. A popup with details will appear, and you will see the commission, if any. POS card purchases in USD are free, non-USD purchases mean a 2% currency conversion fee. This information is available at http://advcash.com/solutions/card/.

Post your questions here or hit me up to talk about Advanced Cash:
[email protected]

Cheers!

Official forum account : https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/advancedcash-392060  (AdvancedCash).

legendary
#Free market
Redsn0w you're sure paypal accept this card ? I have add another "anonymus" card to paypal (without send my id to the card) and paypal don't accept this card
Yes paypal does allow that i've tried it myself with card of my friend.
There is also new prepaid card from bit-x.com and from what i've heard it also should work with no problem but i'm currious and will post once i'll try it but if they claim so then why would they lie? Smiley

Yes, I think you can add it to your paypal account but remember that paypal will take 1$ /and after they will send it back/ when you will link it (as all the other credit/debit or prepaid card).
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
have you heard about https://www.advcash.com/en/ a new (real) [1] anonymous  prepaid card, it doesn't need any type of [2] verify.

i am confused about anonymous and doesn't need any type of verify, but after registration there they asking for my documents to verify my identity ? so better remove that link from op.
You can verify or not. If you verify you get higher limits.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Redsn0w you're sure paypal accept this card ? I have add another "anonymus" card to paypal (without send my id to the card) and paypal don't accept this card
Yes paypal does allow that i've tried it myself with card of my friend.
There is also new prepaid card from bit-x.com and from what i've heard it also should work with no problem but i'm currious and will post once i'll try it but if they claim so then why would they lie? Smiley
legendary
#Free market
What's with the "electronic use only"?

See:

MasterCard® Unembossed

MasterCard has developed a new payment solution for consumer segments who have been traditionally underserved – MasterCard Unembossed. These days, customers are looking for greater utility, security, convenience in a payment card. The result is an accelerating number if new programs designed to meet specific cardholder needs, respond to particular market dynamics, or take advantage of new technologies.

What is MasterCard Unembossed?

In most respects it is similar to the MasterCard cards that you already accept: it might take the form of a credit, debit, or MasterCard Prepaid card, and will have the same familiar MasterCard brand mark. There is, however, one major difference – the card will look “flat”. All account information – cardholder name, primary account number (PAN), validity date, and security character – is printed rather than embossed. MasterCard Unembossed has been designed to manage risk by working only in your electronic terminal.

How Does it Work?

You should not process any MasterCard Unembossed transactions if you do not have an electronic terminal, or if it is out of use. If you accept a MasterCard Unembossed transaction and you do not have an electronic terminal, or it is out of use; you may carry additional liability. MasterCard Unembossed cards include an “ELECTRONIC USE ONLY” legend on the card front to inform consumers that merchants will be processing their transactions using their electronic terminals.

How to Accept MasterCard Unembossed?

If you are a merchant with an electronic terminal, you are ready to start accepting MasterCard Unembossed. If you do not have an electronic terminal, you may want to contact your acquirer to learn how you can get one. MasterCard Unembossed has been developed specifically for markets like yours and we anticipate an increasing number of consumers wanting to use it.

MasterCard Unembossed does not require a separate decalization effort, new equipment, or any system changes; and it is covered by your existing merchant agreement.

Yes, it doesn't mean you can use it only 'online' (if this was what were you thinking).
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

See:

MasterCard® Unembossed

MasterCard has developed a new payment solution for consumer segments who have been traditionally underserved – MasterCard Unembossed. These days, customers are looking for greater utility, security, convenience in a payment card. The result is an accelerating number if new programs designed to meet specific cardholder needs, respond to particular market dynamics, or take advantage of new technologies.

What is MasterCard Unembossed?

In most respects it is similar to the MasterCard cards that you already accept: it might take the form of a credit, debit, or MasterCard Prepaid card, and will have the same familiar MasterCard brand mark. There is, however, one major difference – the card will look “flat”. All account information – cardholder name, primary account number (PAN), validity date, and security character – is printed rather than embossed. MasterCard Unembossed has been designed to manage risk by working only in your electronic terminal.

How Does it Work?

You should not process any MasterCard Unembossed transactions if you do not have an electronic terminal, or if it is out of use. If you accept a MasterCard Unembossed transaction and you do not have an electronic terminal, or it is out of use; you may carry additional liability. MasterCard Unembossed cards include an “ELECTRONIC USE ONLY” legend on the card front to inform consumers that merchants will be processing their transactions using their electronic terminals.

How to Accept MasterCard Unembossed?

If you are a merchant with an electronic terminal, you are ready to start accepting MasterCard Unembossed. If you do not have an electronic terminal, you may want to contact your acquirer to learn how you can get one. MasterCard Unembossed has been developed specifically for markets like yours and we anticipate an increasing number of consumers wanting to use it.

MasterCard Unembossed does not require a separate decalization effort, new equipment, or any system changes; and it is covered by your existing merchant agreement.
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Pages:
Jump to: