Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 15. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20
August 07, 2018, 08:52:00 AM
Most people will advise against putting all your money in any one coin. It may be fine only if the amount of money to invest is too small to bother putting in multiple coins otherwise not.

Yeah, and it will also be a wise solution because in this case you'll pay only one trading fee, not multiple. It may really be important if you have like only $100 to invest. And if a fee is not a persantage of your order.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
August 05, 2018, 12:08:58 AM
Most people will advise against putting all your money in any one coin. It may be fine only if the amount of money to invest is too small to bother putting in multiple coins otherwise not.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
August 04, 2018, 11:58:26 PM
Having spent all of your money investing in such a coin will make it much easier for you to lose money, because your investment is not high if the coin falls. You can damage the big we should split out to invest

Come on, right now you're losing money even if your portfolio seems to be diversified enough. And it has been like this for more than 7 monhs - the whole 2018 year yet. I have a lot of really different tokens and coins, and it's the same as if I held just one coin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 04, 2018, 06:51:34 PM
I think 'If you invest your coins in an 1 altcoin, if you can explore and always observe the movement of the project that you invest,
I'm sure it will get satisfying results and that will minimize the risk.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
August 04, 2018, 06:24:07 PM
In the investition position this not smart decision. This can be working  if you have small amount money every month. Of course if you ready doing a lot attempts.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
August 02, 2018, 12:20:18 PM
This is a very high risk move you're about to do. I think the highest percentage you should put in one coin is 25% (MAX) of your portfolio. In this case, you must make sure you studied the project from all aspect and well diversified the other 75%.

Activity: 100
August 02, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
To be honest, i would suggest you divide your capital into two or three part if you have more fund, circumstances alter cases, 500$ is best not to be splited, all invested in one coin is a better choise.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
August 02, 2018, 11:45:16 AM
absolutely high risk but not recommended to sold now is the dip some altcoin, better save in USD because market is not good
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 114
August 02, 2018, 11:44:12 AM
Investing on the cryptocurrency is risky but if you only invest in 1 altcoin it will be lower the risk but make sure you make a deep research to that alt/token because that alt price in future not only depend on bitcoin price but also their product development
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 11:31:29 AM
I think that ico will be successful only when the project is will be needed by society. so my choice fell on the project Tradelize, if you have not heard about it, then I advise you to get acquainted and you will understand why I think so.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
August 02, 2018, 11:15:06 AM
I would highly recommend againts it. Expand your horizon and don't put all your money into one thing. If it doesn't work out then you lose all your money. Putting it in multiple coins may have a better chance of a more profitable return. Too much risk when there is only one coin involved. Too many scam coins and projects these days so better watch out.
Yes really agree with this one diversifying your portfolio here is the best way to minimize the risk and could also take more profits. Just make sure you always search everything before putting your money on it so you can avoid those scams out there because it so many here. Goodluck everyone.
Activity: 532
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 11:05:26 AM
Investing in Crypto is a risky investment, so you should not put eggs in the same basket for even distribution. With $ 500, you can invest in 3-4 Altcoins. The interest rate may be less but it is safe for your capital.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
August 02, 2018, 06:39:16 AM
I think this is really bad idea. Diversification is the key to success in any investment and it doesn't mean that you should have more than 100 coins . You can hold 2-3-10 coins but this is less risky because even a good coin can be a scam or something can go wrong.
Activity: 350
August 02, 2018, 06:29:04 AM
I think it's a bit silly to put everything in 1 coin, it's better if you distribute your funds to several coins
eup
Activity: 105
Merit: 5
August 02, 2018, 04:56:06 AM
Not all altcoins will make investors lose money. I think the $500 investment is more suitable for concentrated investment, so that you can get more profits!
Activity: 364
August 02, 2018, 04:49:07 AM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

i dont think that diversifying your capital is not an option for low capital investment in crypto. i believe that if you focus your resources on one target, you may gain higher profit than diversifying it to 3 coins. the more the transactions, the more the risk to be rekt
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
August 02, 2018, 04:34:42 AM
Definitely not a good idea putting all your money in one  altcoin , unless those coins you are picking where to go all in is bitcoin and ethereum only.
Activity: 164
August 02, 2018, 04:31:11 AM
It definitly is too risky. Never put all your eggs into one basket! What if it fails? All your money gone...
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
August 02, 2018, 04:21:41 AM
It is very risky to go all-in in 1 coin. You may be gaining a lot, but remember that you'll also be losing 100% of your money when the unexpected happens. It is better to split up your money to maybe 3 different coins. Broaden your horizons. In that way you won't be losing much and also more profit potentials for you.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 101
August 02, 2018, 04:05:29 AM
Well according to the current market conditions that almost every coin has drastically fallen I would see the face of the lucky guy who managed to place all bets on the right asset.  Cool Grin
Pages:
Jump to: