Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 69. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm
December 27, 2017, 06:36:39 AM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

It is very risky to invest all your money into one coin as the market is fluctuating. Diversify your money so that even if one goes up or down will not affect you much.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
December 27, 2017, 06:26:45 AM
do not put our portofolio just in one basket.it is more risky.by holding some portofolio we could reduce risk when bitcoin or altcoin drop sharply.some of them minus but some of them profit.so can take average by doing this.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
December 27, 2017, 06:20:17 AM
For me yes it's too risky, because we can't sure if the altcoins you can choose will make a boom in the future. Moreover not all coins have a capacity to survive, maybe in other way they have chance to increase their value. I suggest to invest your money into different altcoins.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 06:06:05 AM
With 500$ to invest i don‘t think it is that bad of an idea to not spread your investment wide. As long as you stick with a top 20-30 coin i don‘t think that much can go wrong because there is only one way at the moment for all the top coins and thats up. But as always, there is a risk of a complete loss of your investment, so you should not play around with money you can‘t afford to loose.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
December 27, 2017, 05:41:34 AM
$500 is not so little especially if you're a newbie in crypto. But congratulations, in a few years time you would either A) earn big profits on your investment or B) be left within nothing. Thats the problem with a single investment you either win or not. If you diversify however, you even out the risk of losing all your money but at the same time also risk profits. It is considered the "safer way" to invest but in the end it will depend on your personal investment appetite.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
December 27, 2017, 05:12:03 AM
It depends on the size of the investment. Being at 50% BTC is always an advantage for you.
Activity: 252
December 27, 2017, 04:42:07 AM
I would say This is risky enough unless it is Ethereum or XRP which have bright future in 2018.
Activity: 602
Merit: 103
December 27, 2017, 01:25:39 AM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

I suggest you to spread your assets. It is a rule of thumb that lose only 2% of your total investment, but regarding on going all in on one alt it is a no no. You can go for 30% if you really believe on that idea but the chances of losing is also huge. Spread your assets would make you maybe earn less than being 100% but on the other hand you would also lose less.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
December 27, 2017, 01:01:25 AM
Hi,

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Yeah that is too risky, try to invest atleast 2 to 3 altcoins. Firstly you have to study their platform to make sure that investing in that coins will benefit you in long term and also in short term investments. Remember to buy at lowest price to get more coins and hodl it until you make huge profits.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
December 27, 2017, 12:31:41 AM
As the old saying goes, "Never put all of your eggs in one basket".

Never risk in one altcoin only. When it falls, everything falls. It's better that you should split your money to other altcoins. For instance, you have $500 in your pocket.

If I were you, I would invest $50 to 10 promising altcoins with high trading volume or undervalued coins below $0.20 per coin/token for a long-term investment.
Activity: 129
December 26, 2017, 10:28:07 PM
If you don't have much, it's better invest all in one altcoin after minucious research in my opinion  Wink
Activity: 134
quarkchain.io
December 26, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
So far everyone have only advised on the FINANCIAL investment aspect of trading altcoins.

However, there's an EMOTIONAL investment aspect nobody is talking about which is the part that will cost you the most, if you get it wrong.

FINANCIALLY, 500$ is 500$ whichever way you cut it.

But:

EMOTIONALLY, 500$ divided into 5 or 10 portions, is FAR easier to manage rationally than a single, big 500$ lump sum.

So one of your portions evaporates overnight? That's still only 50-100$.

But if your 500$ ALL goes poof while you're sleeping, you're likely a lot less evenheaded about it.

Which means you're not going to be acting very rationally if you got all of your funds lumped into one single investment.

And there's the REAL reason you should diversify.

(Which, coincidentally, is how any rational heterosexual male should always manage his women as well!)
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 26, 2017, 09:55:46 PM
To me honestly putting money into cryptocurrency is a risk in itself. This balloon could pop tomorrow or even next month and well your investment could be worth $0. But if you are going to invest $500 ---little fish or not--- diversify as much as you can. Putting all your eggs in one basket is never the right decision, and I hope you are hedging yourself as well. I also hope $500 isn't your life savings. Be smart with your money and just make sure to invest at least half of it into BTC to offset just in case it bull runs.
Yes of course it is very risky. Here's my opinion on this issue, Bitcoin is the best investment for all cryptocurrencies. But we sometimes remain hesitant and afraid of problems. Especially if we invest our money into Altcoin. The best way to invest is to invest into Bitcoin and Altcoin simultaneously. That's the most powerful way for people who have a lot of money and can afford to collect cryptocurrency. It is very important for us to invest our money into various fields so we do not worry with one of them. If you want to invest into Altcoin, you should invest into various Altcoin.
Activity: 259
Merit: 100
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
December 26, 2017, 09:01:01 PM
With $500 dollar i would do it if i was you . It is very risky but the returns are much better.
Activity: 80
December 26, 2017, 08:37:59 PM
Yes, it is really risky. You should diversify your investment rather than be focusing on just 1 altcoin. You should at least have 5 different investment. That way, you can lessen the risk you will take in investment.
Activity: 384
Merit: 12
Student Coin
December 26, 2017, 08:32:34 PM
It is a big risk to go all in.

How much you have to invest is not really important for that decision, you should always diversify a bit even if you start with $50.

I suggest you to split in 3, for something a bit safe $200 in BTC then $150 in 2 others projects.

or you can try something like this :

$200 in BTC
$150 in STRAT
$75 in an other project
$75 in an other project

Yes. It's really risky, being an investor is already risky plus the nature of the project here where the community make an investment. Some are scam and the others did not succeed. So this suggestion is the best, wise and very careful that the chance for making profit is big.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
December 26, 2017, 08:12:31 PM
All coins , altcoins are high risky to invest , it is the matter of choice where you wanna put your money into. One altcoin in all your money is not too bad to choose , but it is risky because many altcoins are shits , you must have to divide your investments in other altcoins not just one altcoin. The many altcoins to invest the bigger the profit to earn.
Activity: 127
December 26, 2017, 08:12:25 PM
To me honestly putting money into cryptocurrency is a risk in itself. This balloon could pop tomorrow or even next month and well your investment could be worth $0. But if you are going to invest $500 ---little fish or not--- diversify as much as you can. Putting all your eggs in one basket is never the right decision, and I hope you are hedging yourself as well. I also hope $500 isn't your life savings. Be smart with your money and just make sure to invest at least half of it into BTC to offset just in case it bull runs.
Activity: 83
December 26, 2017, 08:01:12 PM
I agree that you need to diversify your portfolio to significantly lessen the risk of losing all or a large chunk of your funds, should one of your investments fail.
Activity: 83
December 26, 2017, 07:40:13 PM
Why don't you invest in 2-3 different coins? 2 from the top 10 list and one from the top 50 list.
Pages:
Jump to: