Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 70. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 501
December 26, 2017, 07:28:51 PM
Its definitely risky, a good investment is you divide it into several investment, but if you think its a good coin to invest, then invest it, high risk means higher reward, so you can either lost your money or become rich with it
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 07:25:42 PM
if you made a mistake with the choice, you can be stuck with this one coin for a long time, I do not advise you to keep everything in one coin

Definitely what I had in mind. You might even end up cutting huge losses as holding only one 'losing' asset can really impair our sound decision making skills. I've learned this through my own experience.
Activity: 322
Merit: 31
December 26, 2017, 07:23:39 PM
if you made a mistake with the choice, you can be stuck with this one coin for a long time, I do not advise you to keep everything in one coin
Activity: 84
December 26, 2017, 06:30:48 PM
I think it is too risky to have everything be put in one egg basket. They do say to put most in some of the good coins out there. I would recommend to put it in BTC and ETH as they are already a powerhouse. On the other alt coins the top 10 coins would be a good start.

True. No one knows which way any alt coins are going. So, it is definitely the recommended to concentrate all your funds in one.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
December 26, 2017, 06:28:30 PM
I think it is too risky to have everything be put in one egg basket. They do say to put most in some of the good coins out there. I would recommend to put it in BTC and ETH as they are already a powerhouse. On the other alt coins the top 10 coins would be a good start.
Activity: 28
December 26, 2017, 06:25:41 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
I think the only money you should invest in crypto currencies is the money you can afford to lose. If you want to spread the risk, sure, diversify between several alt coins, but remember they’ll all high risk investments in any case.

Yeb, be diversified all the time...try to spread your investments in between the top 20 by market cap.
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
December 26, 2017, 06:14:45 PM
I'd NEVER put all of my eggs in one basket. However, it's only $500. Good luck!
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 05:27:34 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

I advise to invest in multiple coins in stead of one, to spread the risk in case something goes wrong with that one coin
Activity: 40
December 26, 2017, 05:24:30 PM
Why not, especially now when everything is cheap as f*ck. I started out with about 100$ 3 months ago, I just had to gamble.. researched and researched and researched even more. Then I found some gems and went form them (easier the lower cap and price the coin has). I was lucky now on xvg from 55 sats to 2000. But I´ve also gained 3-10x on: ETN, DGB, XZC, XBY, VTC and so on ... Then again I went in with money, even if it was all that I had, that I was ready to lose. I mean, I saw them as lost already. Worked out great tho and I just (today) got my first whole BTC Smiley
Activity: 644
December 26, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
Hi,

Thanks

no not riskly in this time.
we see in bittrex one coin goes up 2x in 1 day. if you atch something like that twice, you make your money 4x in 2 day.

go on like this.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
December 26, 2017, 05:06:45 PM
You can spread all your coins. Not just one altcoin. If you decided to put all your money in one crypto then choose bitcoin instead but in the long run I guess you choose that has a real case use in the blockchain.
Activity: 504
December 26, 2017, 04:55:51 PM
If you want to put your money in only one coin. Study first the coin that you want.  If it has the potential to grow in the future and give you a huge profit. If the coin you choose has no potential to grow your money will loss.
Activity: 700
Merit: 108
December 26, 2017, 04:23:21 PM
Hi,

Thanks

concentrate all your investments in one place is never a good startegy, it the ship sinks all is gone

better split between 3/4 coins, be aggressive since you are investing little money (if you can afford the loss obviously)
Activity: 350
December 26, 2017, 04:18:38 PM
This is very risky. In the envy of the amount, it is better to distribute it to several altcoins, because some may rise in price, while others may become cheaper.
Activity: 70
December 26, 2017, 04:18:19 PM
I would probably add at least one more coin to the portfolio.  Once you make some profit on the 2 coins, invest in additional coins.  You want to build up a strong portfolio with several coins and be diversified.  You never know when one coin will drop and another will increase in value.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166
December 26, 2017, 04:13:13 PM
Its too risky in my opinion, better diversify. No matter how good a project is.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 04:05:20 PM
According to me if all your money in 1 altcoin then it's not too risky and not 100% safe as well. Actually i want to say that, if your all money in 1 altcoins that has a good opportunity to get a hug profit. If that altcoins price increase then you can get a hug profit from them. So we can say that, it's something risky and a big opportunity as well.
Activity: 52
December 26, 2017, 03:55:53 PM
All in one alt is risky
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 03:47:19 PM
I would at least go with two.  Split it 50/50 with BTC, Ether or litecoin.  Then spend your time making more money to invest in more crypto.  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 103
December 26, 2017, 03:26:18 PM
Hi,

Thanks
If you get altcoin for 500$ that you provide in one of 40 altcoin listed can you buy for one is not a risky but sometime you seen your altcoin or token are dump is that natural on being volatile in cryptocurrency,i can suggest opposite can devide your funds then buy with in 3-5 token if 3 token pump and have profit you have a good direction not for one,profits mix such as what you have holdings.
Pages:
Jump to: