Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 71. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
December 26, 2017, 03:07:29 PM
If you have small amount of money - no.
But always better to diversify your Portfolio.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
December 26, 2017, 02:58:03 PM
I think you are doing the right thing because you only have $500 to invest. Just buy one coin and wait until it grows. You can sell it in 3x and buy 3 different coins, $500 each again. This would be a good strategy if you choose right coins.
For me if his budget is so low he should split it for diffrent coins cause if he has time he can get some money by doing little steps, not one big like you mentioned.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 02:47:20 PM
In my opinion it makes definitely sense to split your invest in different coins, just in one case it makes no sense to split: if you have some Special Information and belief in yourself very strong 💪
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
December 26, 2017, 02:37:30 PM
Whether it is altcoins or some other form of investment, it's good to have a diversified portfolio. When you invest in a single asset, if things happen out of prediction it is really hard to overcome. When there is a diversified portfolio, surely everything won't go down at the same time. So that can try to compensate the loss happening with the one with the gain happening with the other reducing the risk of losing.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
December 26, 2017, 02:20:45 PM
Putting all your money into one single coin and an altcoin for that matters is very risky. It is more better and advisable to invest into 3-5 different altcoins if it must be altcoins or you go for bitcoin. Splitting your money into %tage for more than one coin has a more advantage than putting all for one.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
December 26, 2017, 02:02:22 PM
I think you are doing the right thing because you only have $500 to invest. Just buy one coin and wait until it grows. You can sell it in 3x and buy 3 different coins, $500 each again. This would be a good strategy if you choose right coins.
Activity: 44
December 26, 2017, 01:48:52 PM
 Never put all your eggs in one basket . I advice you  make minimum 3 "basket''.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
December 26, 2017, 01:26:50 PM
It seems very risky. Alternative coin is always more guaranteed.

If I were you, I would behave differently  Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
December 26, 2017, 12:37:48 PM
I dont choose to invest in one altcoin only for some reasons it is too risksy. When you try to look at others they invested for about 2-3 or more altcoins because of always thinking of diversifying their funds in different coin. In which you can also earn profit from other altcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
December 26, 2017, 12:25:34 PM
No way, man. As an investor you ought to use a diversification. It's not about what do you want or not, it's like a golden rule of investing. Whatever amount you want to invest you should diversify investments like 70% to 3-5 top-10 coins and 30% to 2-5 low cap promising projects.

This sounds promising profits out of such investments. Select few top 10 altcoins in the current market from coinmarketcap.com. Watch out the recent growth trend of each altcoins. The top ones have a spike of minimum of $100 in recent days. Select such coins along with one you have chosen. All the best.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 09:50:55 AM
Usually risky. But if you have enough information about the coin you are investing in, and you trust it, the situation may change. You have to decide that.

Usually risky.
no one is safe in crypto not only on crypto but also in other forms of investment. it can be risky as long as there is a money or a value involved. however it might still be beneficial because you can instanly earn a huge profit if the coin you choose has pump succesively.

But if you have enough information about the coin you are investing in, and you trust it, the situation may change
but what if he choose the wrong coin although he research it and know all the information like their team, roadmap,whitepapers,etc. the situation will not change either even if he has a trust on it because he still choose the wrong coin with zero potential.

overall id say that it can still be a smart move to put all your egss in one basket as long as you choose the promising one that you think it will bring you a fortune.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
December 26, 2017, 09:46:47 AM
No way, man. As an investor you ought to use a diversification. It's not about what do you want or not, it's like a golden rule of investing. Whatever amount you want to invest you should diversify investments like 70% to 3-5 top-10 coins and 30% to 2-5 low cap promising projects.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
December 26, 2017, 09:43:15 AM
Never put all your eggs in one basket and its very risky to invest all your money in single altcoin as you never know what will happen to its price in future and if it crashes badly then you are likely to make huge loss so to minimize the risk of loosing money its always good to diversify your investments at different places.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
December 26, 2017, 09:38:18 AM
Its to risky imo as i dont like putting all the eggs in the same basket,i would split those 500$ in to 5 coins with 100$ worth each.2 of them would be high risk high reward kind of coins(like icos) and 3 of them would be medium cap coins with solid road ahead of them
Activity: 9
December 26, 2017, 09:30:07 AM
Hi!
As in stock market, I would say that a good portfolio must include both sure and risky positions. So, yes, betting all in just 1 alt is risky.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
December 26, 2017, 09:26:20 AM
Sometimes it's OK, but only if:
- there is a great risk/reward scenario;
- it's liquid (f.e. ETH, LTC, etc)
- It's on major exchanger
- one invest money he can afford to lose
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
December 26, 2017, 09:11:49 AM
By choosing top 1-5 coins and put all your money in is not a risky move,  but if you choose only one coin, thats a very risky moves.  What if that coins youve choose will dump,  so all your money had gone without trace,  but if you choose two or more coins to invest in,  theres a chance/possibilities that your money will grow after a year or more. I strongly suggested to you that choose 2 or more coins for more better result.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
December 26, 2017, 08:56:47 AM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Its risky but profitable I think. Personally, I am doing this right now, I am just keep on buying 1 altcoin every time I got my payment through signature campaign and it really makes so well for me. Planning to do this until I become rich for good.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
December 26, 2017, 07:10:49 AM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

If you invest on a single coin the risk of losing your investment is too high,so it is better to split your investment into there coins from top 20 ranked cryptocurrency to reduce the risk factor.Or you can invest 50% of your amount into bitcoin and other half into one of the altcoin to have minimal risk.
Activity: 252
Merit: 107
December 26, 2017, 07:01:54 AM
in every kind of inveswtment the very first rule to follow is to apply a good risk management with a distribution of risks on different asset, if you go all in on one, it can do well as well as you can become rekt
Pages:
Jump to: