Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 67. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
December 28, 2017, 09:11:50 AM
Maximum of 2 coins with that money. Here is a suggestion:

Zero(ZER) is a new fork of ZCash which aims to reduce costs and improve the speed of both mining and transactions. It recently gained some exposure and it's growing.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 08:48:01 AM
if you want to lower your risk i would buy a  combicoin that way you got the top 30 coins in one coin
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Crypto enthusiast for years.
December 28, 2017, 08:30:56 AM
Many people recommending split investment between more coins, some traders have realy many of them. Personaly I like keep my investments between 2-3 coins and I pick them some very new, some older, what I like for years.
Activity: 924
Merit: 251
December 28, 2017, 07:31:20 AM
keeping some of the money in Ethereum can save you from harm and I recommend that you deposit 2 different altcoin
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
December 28, 2017, 07:11:39 AM
This is  risky, but its okey , if you dont have much money for diversify.
Activity: 232
Merit: 5
December 28, 2017, 05:41:55 AM
as long as you have a patient that is large enough to hold the coins and not freak out then surely only with one type of coins alone would make profits doubled at you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
December 28, 2017, 04:47:25 AM
It is risky to put all your money on only one coin. But it may be very profitable if you have put your coin on a very profitable coin. And ETN may be one of them i think.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
December 28, 2017, 04:17:54 AM
If you could find a good alt coin then there is nothing wrong in investing your money in one project or coin,there are some coins where you could profit from a very short time and if you are following the market carefully you could make an instant profit with just one coins rather than diversifying your money.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
December 28, 2017, 04:17:10 AM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Let's just put it this way, what if your coin got screwed up and it's your only coin, it's a dead end for you brother.
Good diversion of coin is essential in cryptos so when things turn out unexpectedly you still have some back up and if those coins are simultaneously pump you have an instant profit, isn't that sounds good?
Activity: 322
December 28, 2017, 04:02:41 AM
Yeah,very risky. You really can't guess the stability of a coin even if you said that it is in top 40, what if the coin that your money invested in was drop? your profit will stuck up also but if you have 2 or 3 coins if one of you coins drop you still have profit from other coins and if they both rise then double or triple profit. Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 8
December 28, 2017, 02:39:54 AM
no real problem if that's what you want. but of course at least already has the basics in world trading so is not easily affected by current if the coin is it down or there are other coins that rise higher.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 01:50:46 AM
If you hold your all money on 1 coin. You lose chance about any marketplace investment. You should partition your investment at least 4 piece.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 28, 2017, 01:35:48 AM
That would be too risky, never put your money in one vault or other says never put your eggs in one basket.  Divide your investment into different altcoins that youre sure it will skyrocket.
December 28, 2017, 12:40:13 AM
Yes, it is too risky. But if it's time the coins rise then not playing certainly benefits obtained. But if down then the risk of loss was certainly clear. important wait only if only focus on a single coin. don't panic selling coins only if the price goes down a little bit, will surely rise again.
Activity: 753
Merit: 15
mulierum.com
December 27, 2017, 11:43:07 PM
you really dare to take a decision that is at risk. but when coin you use to invest soared it will make distinctive advantages for you because certainly profit also more than on the use of capital to be used to invest in the two coins.
Activity: 21
December 27, 2017, 11:13:38 PM
I suggest you invest in more than 3 altcoins

Couple of things I have learned in these past few months

1) Don't listen to shills and do your research before investing in anything
2) Look at their daily volume.
3) Check Coinmarketcap regularly to see whats happening.
Activity: 68
December 27, 2017, 11:12:00 PM
Did anyone in this thread know sumokoin, or ember would blow up so much today. Like I said its best guessed. If this guy watches the coin and sees it is going up just ride it all the way up. If he sees its going down just pull the 500 out. Pretty easy. In one day he could make 5 grand.
dApps Development Automation Platform
December 27, 2017, 11:05:46 PM
eventhough you are a little investor, it js still best to diversify your account. Investing in 2 or 3 coins is recommended since by doing so, it is somehow widening your chances of financial growth or profit gain. However, there is no assurance that both will increase at the same time but it probably will over the months therefore, when you invest, better choose the best coin or the coin where you see some potential and hold on to them for a few months or so.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
Play2Live presale starts on 5th December
December 27, 2017, 10:54:04 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

If you go like that, 3 possibilities come up, consider them on your own:

1-) You will make 10x or 20x return after you go all in.

2-) You will fail hard if the one you invested declined too much.

3-) The price of your coin will stay same and you won't get profit from your investment.

and we can conclude that it is too risky... cryptos are volatile, so it is better to invest on some good coins, than put all of your money into 1 ~
Activity: 324
December 27, 2017, 10:38:11 PM
We would always recommend to stray your investment. Investing in just a single coin could go well but brings risks with it:
the best case scenario would be that the coin goes to the moon and your money multiples many times BUT then chance that you randomly pick the exact right coin that rises endlessly and doesn't drop is very low. It is more likely to invest in different coins as a back up in case one of these coins drops rapidly. It can always happen that something bad happens to a certain coin even if you think that they're stabil and in that situation you will be happy that you didn't put your whole investment in it.
Pages:
Jump to: