Pages:
Author

Topic: All you can do is hold your ALTs for a few years - page 22. (Read 39379 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Well, for some coins a couple of years is not a time term. I can wait. Moreover, I initially knew when I invested in several projects, that I would have to wait year or two. Therefore, I'm not upset. Of course, I would like the market to recover faster but nothing depends on us.
But there are some projects which are of a more high potential and some projects have lower potential to raise in value so if you have your money in some projects which have lower potential to increase in value then you have to shift your money to a best project to gain a high return than your previous one.
Activity: 531
Merit: 10
If you haven't already sold your ALTs simply hold if your project is decent. If the project has no future sell and buy into a decent project. This is all you can do to recover your loss without putting in more money. It will probably take a couple of years to recover your loss!

Some ALTs will never recover from this crash!

It is an ugly situation!

I believe there's nothing you can buy if you "sell right now and buy some decent project" from this crash. The only best thing to is just to hold all of your altcoins until their prices rises and that's the only way that you'll recover your loss.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
yes this year the best way for traders who are stuck at expensive prices can only hold because if they sell it at prices and conditions like this it will make them experience huge losses.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
Yes, I have invested the altcoins in last year, after I have invested it the price is dropped, now I have lost over 80% of my fund, no doubt to hold it till the market is recover, anyway if the price keep dropping, I will hold it forever.
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
I think  it is not safe to altcoins for years, altcoins are young and easy to die, altcoin can get zero value after years, if you consider good coins to hold for years, Bitcoin is best choice, good altcoins are also worth to hold, Ethereum and XRP are worth to hold for a few years.
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
It is true that you need to take care of what is.
But it is also not correct to sell the altcoins of a bad project, since nobody needs them, and by selling them you will not buy coins of promising, as their price is much higher.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Yes , more why holding is good but due to the market situation at present time many think holding is just a waste or form of losing money , but there is always time for everything, now that we are in bear market is the to do short trading and also time to buy and hold for long term, but many think it has end for crypto but definitely no, so if you are in lost now the best for you is to skip your mind away from the funds and hold tight the coin till we see bull run.
Activity: 334
Merit: 1
It is also true that if you sell right now it won't get anything, so waiting for some time will definitely have a decent addition.
Being patient to benefit and take advantage of good moments is what brings us to profit.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
Indeed, a good thing to do now is to hold your altcoin for some time so that when you sell it in the future you will see results, sell now you will get nothing, better be patient for something better
if you sell at a low price it won't get anything. but it doesn't need to take up to several years, we just need to look at the market, when the altcoin price is already profitable for us, I don't think I should miss a moment, or we could lose the profits we can get.
Activity: 588
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Indeed, a good thing to do now is to hold your altcoin for some time so that when you sell it in the future you will see results, sell now you will get nothing, better be patient for something better
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
Most alts are likely to fail and only few shall survive, that's the fate of this market and we cannot do anything about it. So better make sure that you know where you are investing at. Be smart and wise in investing, holding means nothing if you are not holding the right one.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
If you haven't already sold your ALTs simply hold if your project is decent. If the project has no future sell and buy into a decent project. This is all you can do to recover your loss without putting in more money. It will probably take a couple of years to recover your loss!

It is an ugly situation!

If you follow your portfolio and had insight on the project that you are in, you'll know when to sell and continue to hold, no use holding your coins for years with the hope that you will make a profit eventually, it's better to check if they are doing what's in their roadmap and they are on target.
Activity: 532
but when crypto to be recovered is not able to be ascertained. If it is too long a wait will certainly be quite detrimental in terms of time especially if the investment is not great and just get some small profit. Indeed it may selectively against the altcoin who owned be decisive because not all coins will eventually go up as you wish.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
I sorted out some altcoins in my portfolio and will only hold promising projects for long-term. The development of the projects take some time. Patience is the key to success.

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
This is really one of the most likely development options in this situation, since selling now does not make sense, except that in order to re-buy at a lower level.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1

It is an ugly situation!

Could it be a few years? That's how much the sharp drop in cryptocurrency undermines people's trust. I think you may wonder how this market will surprise you in the future. I think in February, only time will tell.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

It is an ugly situation!

The problem lies in the fact that from the side many alts look promising and have hopes of great growth. And as practice shows, many of them not only do not grow, but even drop strongly in price, while the entire market is growing. In this case, it is best to buy many different altos or keep all the money in Bitcoin. Or use everything I said.

Your observation of practice have a too short time frame. You need to give a lot more time to this new projects before we can call them
successful, for now they are only start ups with potentially great future. Problem lies in people who wish everything to happen right away,
for some projects even years are not enough, we are talking about minimum 5-10 years before some projects become popular and accepted.
On a side that many projects doesn`t have product, they are working that to happen.
   Situation is neither ugly or good, it`s like every beginning hard. Ugly is cause prices are dropped, temporary I hope, good is that we can buy
some coins with a discount.
Activity: 336

It is an ugly situation!

The problem lies in the fact that from the side many alts look promising and have hopes of great growth. And as practice shows, many of them not only do not grow, but even drop strongly in price, while the entire market is growing. In this case, it is best to buy many different altos or keep all the money in Bitcoin. Or use everything I said.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
For investment and expectation in the future boom, the price is cheap at this time, but there are two obstacles is the risk and waiting time will be very long. I can choose to hold some altcoin for a few years, but the amount I left for it will be calculated so that I do not have a psychological effect when it drops.
Activity: 504
Merit: 112
quarkchain.io
This is a good strategy. But there is a very important point. You must be sure of those altcoins in which you invest your money. Many teams will not be able to develop their product.
Pages:
Jump to: