Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 101. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Unfortunately the director of the business has used the same address as his registered office and we are therefore unable to locate any further information on this company.

We are unable to assist any further.

retro72: it was from a law firm i used for debt collection
I have a friend who lives in Stockport. I called him last night and asked him to look into Alpha for me.

I'm sorry to say, I just got off the phone with him and he corroborated everything in benjamin07's post. Alpha haven't been there for months. Apparently there was a flurry of early activity, lots of "shady characters" coming and going even a Ferrari turned up a few times, then a few months ago they shut up shop and haven't been back.

This is no longer a small claims matter, this is now a police matter. I would suggest you contact Action Fraud

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

And report Alpha to the local police

http://www.gmp.police.uk/Live/Nhoodv3.nsf/community.html?ReadForm&Division=South%20Manchester&Area=Longsight&Community=Rusholme.

Again I'm sorry to say this but I think your chances of recovering any funds are very low, all you can reasonably hope for at this point is a criminal prosecution.

Anyone still members of the Alpha forum needs to PM customers over there to alert them to this. I think this has moved from incompetent negligence to criminal intent to defraud and no one should part with any more money.

I'm afraid this post seems to be more alarming than it is. Someone is at their address receiving their mail because I have filed a claim against them and Akram has gotten it and tried to defend himself before two weeks has even passed.

Maybe they are not opening their doors to people. Maybe it is shut down.... Maybe the doors are closed. Maybe they don't want you knowing its there. They are still operating out of their legal address. *fact*

It doesn't really matter what is happening at the building. They are still in communication through that address. This post is more fear mongering than anything.
@pw4x3r
You are waiting now for courts decision or what is the next step?

I'm waiting to receive my mail from the UK which will have some additional login info for the court's money claim site so that I may upload additional defensive documents.

As soon as this happens, I submit, sit back, and laugh.
Activity: 109

Assets can be stripped form directors if they have profited from crime.  Smiley. Cars. Houses. Investments.  

If this is your hope then you should consider checking yourself in to be sectioned under the mental health act, because pursuing this line is tantamount to self harm. Criminal charges against directors are unheard of.

There is just no way that the directors assets will be seized. Sorry. Whatever is theoretically possible under UK law, it doesn't change the fact that this is virtually never ever considered an option by authorities.

At the end of the day this is just so so unlikely to get to criminal proceedings against the director, either it was a scam all along in which case he is long gone, or it wasn't and he has nothing to worry about other than irate ex-customers from his old company.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Assets can be stripped form directors if they have profited from crime.  Smiley. Cars. Houses. Investments.  
Not if they're in India. You can't go after the father or the brother as they resigned before this went criminal and have most likely not profited. Mubasher has probably fled or is in the process of fleeing. Legal proceedings will take MONTHS. If you want to have any hope of getting anything back, Mubasher needs to be arrested and the company assets frozen.

Apart from family, what ties him to the community? He probably has no money investmented in the company, no assets or property in the UK. EVERYTHING is being done in India. He is a 23 year old kid, living with his parents, working for his dad, that has just had millions of pounds dropped in his lap. Do you really think he's going to hang around and wait while you attempt to strip any assets?

This is not a 60 year old grandfather with a wife, grown up kids, a house and a 30 year membership to the local golf club. This is a kid with family ties to India who will probably disappear back there at the first sign of trouble. Believe me, I've seen it happen.

This is WAAAAY beyond internet forum jousting. This needs professionals and the police. You can go after Mubasher's assets when he's sitting in a prison cell but if he's allowed to flee you will end up with nothing but legal bills.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Unfortunately the director of the business has used the same address as his registered office and we are therefore unable to locate any further information on this company.

I have a friend who lives in Stockport. I called him last night and asked him to look into Alpha for me.

I'm sorry to say, I just got off the phone with him and he corroborated everything in benjamin07's post. Alpha haven't been there for months. Apparently there was a flurry of early activity, lots of "shady characters" coming and going even a Ferrari turned up a few times, then a few months ago they shut up shop and haven't been back.

This is no longer a small claims matter, this is now a police matter. I would suggest you contact Action Fraud

http://www.gmp.police.uk/Live/Nhoodv3.nsf/community.html?ReadForm&Division=South%20Manchester&Area=Longsight&Community=Rusholme.

Again I'm sorry to say this but I think your chances of recovering any funds are very low, all you can reasonably hope for at this point is a criminal prosecution.

Anyone still members of the Alpha forum needs to PM customers over there to alert them to this. I think this has moved from incompetent negligence to criminal intent to defraud and no one should part with any more money.

Assets can be stripped form directors if they have profited from crime.  Smiley. Cars. Houses. Investments. 
Activity: 433
Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Chambers has this on consumer

consumer noun 1 someone who buys goods and services for personal use or need. 2 someone or something that consumes.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501

when does the hurting stop?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
@pw4x3r
Also very interested in knowing how this is going to proceed being one of the idiots that paid the entire invoice in bitcoin (not that I can really afford an attorney atm) :/

*kicking myself in the ass for this one!
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
@pw4x3r
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Activity: 378
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Here

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing consumer laws do not apply to their transaction.

If this were a business to business transactiton, by law, referencing https://www.gov.uk/invoicing-and-taking-payment-from-customers/invoices-what-they-must-include the invoice must have included my company's registration number (non-existent) as well as the address of my company's registered office (non-existent).

You mean Alpha-T's company name and number. Obviously not yours, as you don't need to be a company to be a business (you'd be a sole trader, with no company at all - only yourself acting in a business capacity).

Why are people still confusing company and business?? They are not the same thing, one can be a full time businessman and not have a company. Or you can be a weekend eBay trader with a full time job and that counts as a business.

Oh... I donnooooo....
Maybe because it was established in 2006....

Companies
(1) In the Companies Acts, unless the context otherwise requires—
“company” means a company formed and registered under this Act, that
is—
(a) a company so formed and registered after the commencement
of this Part
, or
(b) a company that immediately before the commencement of this
Part—
(i) was formed and registered under the Companies Act
(c. 6) or the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order
(S.I. 1986/1032 (N.I. 6)), or
(ii) was an existing company for the purposes of that Act or
that Order,
BCompanies Act 2006
(c. 46)

And HMRC requires that if you are a business (self-employed even) you need to register with them.....

Part 1 — General introductory provisions
(which is to be treated on commencement as if formed and
registered under this Act).

Register as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
It's important to let HMRC know that you're self-employed as soon as possible - even if you already fill in a tax return each year. If you don't tell them as soon as you begin self employment you may also incur penalties.

Here

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing consumer laws do not apply to their transaction.

If this were a business to business transactiton, by law, referencing https://www.gov.uk/invoicing-and-taking-payment-from-customers/invoices-what-they-must-include the invoice must have included my company's registration number (non-existent) as well as the address of my company's registered office (non-existent).

You mean Alpha-T's company name and number. Obviously not yours, as you don't need to be a company to be a business (you'd be a sole trader, with no company at all - only yourself acting in a business capacity).

Why are people still confusing company and business?? They are not the same thing, one can be a full time businessman and not have a company. Or you can be a weekend eBay trader with a full time job and that counts as a business.
Here

The whole argument about business vs. consumer is a bit of a red herring, avoiding the fact that Alpha-T don't have the money to refund everyone, and taking them to court on any grounds is largely a waste of time (and money).

Once they have some debt they can't pay, going bust will be very easy - and that will be that, you can forget about directors personal assets there is zero chance of them every coming into question. Until then, perhaps it is a race against the clock for a few lucky ones to get in quick before that happens?
Here

They keep quoting HMRC...

But HMRC says:

•1.Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received.

LoL.. I mean seriously... what the fuck do they think they are quoting in their defense with that?
'

Even with the statement (that they are quoting), individuals and business are considered miners.  So the whole VAT issue is irrelevant.  They made their case that HMRC stated that ONLY businesses are miners but it never stated that.
Updated list of Alpha Technologies (INT) Ltd. violations of Terms and Conditions

Alpha has violated the following:

Claiming Paypal would be an option for final payment and not offering it.
(Now they say they are offering it at the end of development, but that would be impossible to offer it 8-10 weeks prior to shipping)

One-sided compliance with obligations
They requested final payment for delivery 5/22/2014 and 8-10 weeks have passed and the product is nowhere near shipping.

By requesting delivery and then pulling the option for credit card transactions only days later
(Thereby forcing buyers into an unprotected transaction.)

By trying to fool their customers into believing this was a business to business transaction.
They keep quoting HMRC saying this is a business transaction because mining devices can only be used for mining.
But HMRC says:
Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received.

"The customer is not eligible for a full refund or chargeback as per our terms and conditions.. bla bla bla"

If we are not eligible for chargebacks, why is everyone who requests chargebacks through their credit companies being granted them? Alpha is in violation.

By attempting to limit our legal rights
"Your pre-order is made under English law and under these terms to the exclusion of all other terms you may seek to impose. You and we hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to the resolution of any dispute or difference under your pre-order but we may commence proceedings in any jurisdiction in order to enforce our rights under the pre-order and these terms."

Not honouring statements made by the trader's staff

Numerous times, all over the forums, A.T. employee Fiaz Malik has assured everyone that delivery of the product would be no later than July 31 (in an attempt to get customers to pay for a product that is nowhere near ready)

One-sided interpretation of the contract
If you request a refund and you are denied and you paid in January, they are violating their terms
Reason: Terms only state less refund at 3-5 months but nothing about no refund between 6 months and final delivery!
Pages:
Jump to: